Realistic ground crews

Freakmeister51

What I think would be a real game changer would be, if we can have moving and realistic ground crews on board ship, but why can we not have realistic ground maintenance crews ashore. It would be really awesome if we could have a marshaller and a couple of traded personnel standing by to marshal you out and marshal you back in again. In real life, aircraft don’t taxi themselves out and in again.

Edited by Freakmeister51
  • Like 3

Plane directors and plane captains has on develop, to give guidance from stand to catapults and from landind to stand. And surely. more funtionality. Others has brown crew. That technology will export to ground bases to implement base crews.

We continue to add the logic and animations that govern how aircraft are directed from a parking location to a catapult and how aircraft are directed out of the landing area after recovering. This includes new yellow shirt plane directors and brown shirt plane captains. Aircraft will be handed off between multiple plane directors to reach their assigned catapults with realistic animations.  Closed Beta Testing of this is on-going. This is a complex and time consuming task to account for a myriad of conditions that could “break” the logic. Thank you for your patience as we strive to complete this new feature soon.

Other funtionality has on progress.

The Supercarrier has been receiving a lot of work behind the scenes. This can be divided into the following features:

Ready Room and PRIFLY (airboss deck). Both views will provide new functionality never seen before in a DCS product. To complete this, we will first need to release the Vulkan API into DCS. 

Both rooms will be a 3D environment that support VR and Voice Chat that allows you to:

Ready Room

Review your mission brief and set up your aircraft.
View various cameras around the deck.
Chat with other players.
Review the mission map.
Live sounds from “the roof”.
PRIFLY

View the deck below you.
Direct the carrier’s heading and speed with wind indications (permission controls available for network play).
Control deck lighting.
View PLAT CAM.
View plotting map.
New Plane Directors and Captains. The next big step is to add plane captains next to the aircraft that pass the pilot to a series of plane directors (yellow shirts) that will route the aircraft from its parking spot to the assigned catapult. Upon landing, yellow shirts will direct the aircraft from the landing box to its assigned parking location or back to a catapult.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Plane directors and plane captains has on develop, to give guidance from stand to catapults and from landind to stand. And surely. more funtionality. Others has brown crew. That technology will export to ground bases to implement base crews.

Other funtionality has on progress.

Hi Silver Dragon, thanks for your response. However, I wasn’t really on about ground crew on board ship, I was more interested in ground crew at airbases to make send offs more realistic.

13 hours ago, Freakmeister51 said:

What I think would be a real game changer would be, if we can have moving and realistic ground crews on board ship, but why can we not have realistic ground maintenance crews ashore

While I would adore such a feature as nifty eye candy to dress up a combat simulator, I don't understand the "game changer" bit. What part of the game's central elements would be changed?

It would be really awesome if we could have a marshaller and a couple of traded personnel standing by to marshal you out and marshal you back in again

It would be nice. 

In real life, aircraft don’t taxi themselves out and in again.

Actually they do. And in many air forces it is becoming more common to have personnel standing by to assist with that.

Edited by cfrag

Oh, I would love ground crews at air bases. As it is, they are very empty and lifeless.

Hey, they could even introduce the "Freestyle Fridays" sendoff from the ground crews, that would be amazing.
"Game Changer" - maybe not, but it would improve the immersion on the ground.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Eugel said:

Oh, I would love ground crews at air bases. As it is, they are very empty and lifeless.

Hey, they could even introduce the "Freestyle Fridays" sendoff from the ground crews, that would be amazing.
"Game Changer" - maybe not, but it would improve the immersion on the ground.

OK, so maybe not a game changer per say, but anything that isn't an empty parking slot to taxi away from and taxi back to is better that what we currently have. Putting a bit more life into airfield operations.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 4:28 PM, Freakmeister51 said:

OK, so maybe not a game changer per say, but anything that isn't an empty parking slot to taxi away from and taxi back to is better that what we currently have. Putting a bit more life into airfield operations.

I support the wish, of course, but you can already experience very live airfield in many missions and campaigns with additional equipment, static crew, running soldiers, moving vehicles, aircraft taxiing and taking off - just no animated, interactive crew yet.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 12/5/2023 at 9:33 AM, Freakmeister51 said:

Hi Silver Dragon, thanks for your response. However, I wasn’t really on about ground crew on board ship, I was more interested in ground crew at airbases to make send offs more realistic.

As I posted, Base Ground Crew has planned to a future. The Carrier Crew has only a part of "base crew tecnology" on develov by ED.

Deck Crew and Ground Crew
Starting with the Supercarrier deck crew, we continued to develop this feature in 2023. We are now continuing this effort to include startup and taxi to catapult deck crew logic and animations. Following the completion of deck crew, we then plan to use this technology to create airfield ground crew and interactions.

The same technology will implement base directors and ground personal. Surely, we get more info on "2024 and Beyond" Newsletter on January.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• 3 weeks later...

Base crew and Animated Fuel and weapons load. A 10 years Dream by now for me. ED go for it. Animate the World. 🥰

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly: