Pacific Campaign Wishlist Modules/Assets

Devil 505

I figured this would be the best thread to start for an all-encompassing wish list for the Pacific Theater be it module ideas or AI assets. I will kick this off with my top 5 Pacific Allied Fighters I am looking forward to or would like to see.  Coincidentally I have all 5 for MSFS so I did a quick video series of what we might could expect if they were in DCS flying out of the Marianas Island's, with the exception of the Tomahawk which was further south. Top 5 are 1) Wildcat 2) Hellcat (inbound from ED) 3) P-38 Lightning 4) Corsair (inbound from Magnitude someday) 5) P-40 Tomahawk.  All had pivotal roles in the pacific and I feel would be highly sought after aircraft. 

• Like 1

If ETO is anything to go by, it’s not the flyable of AI fighters that need to be top of the list…

… it’s the “Everything Else” that could make the place feel alive (or not…)

For PTO - lots of marine traffic, especially small freighters, patrol boats, destroyers etc

• Like 1

I guess you could do a campaign about the battle of Marianas with the Hellcat. 

Mag3 seems to be making some of the required Japanese ground assets. But we don't know anything about Japanese infantry assets or any American ground assets. 

Ideally we should get a Solomons map. That area is appropriate for wildcat, Hellcat, Corsair, zero, p40, p39, p38 etc. Naturally we'd need various Japanese and American AI aircraft, and ships.

• Like 3

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

I could not agree more with rkk01's request for a map of the Solomon Islands. This would be the mission builder's dream map for early to mid Pacific war battles!! 👍

3 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Solomons map should have been first on the list for WW2 Pacific…

I was using any number of the excellent WW2 Naval mods… not sure how they are in 2.9 though

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/7/2023 at 9:39 AM, rkk01 said:

Solomons map should have been first on the list for WW2 Pacific…

I was using any number of the excellent WW2 Naval mods… not sure how they are in 2.9 though

On 12/7/2023 at 1:23 PM, AG-51_Razor said:

I could not agree more with rkk01's request for a map of the Solomon Islands. This would be the mission builder's dream map for early to mid Pacific war battles!! 👍

I may shoot a quick video over the Solomons tomorrow in MSFS just to give a scale perspective.  See if I have time.  I could not agree more on the suggestion.  I really hope we will see more Pacific maps down the road.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 11:23 AM, AG-51_Razor said:

Yes - Solomons is the dream.

Need A6m2, P400/P-39, Wildcat, SBD, AI Betty etc. just for starters.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I would like an SBD-5 Dauntless and the SB2C Helldriver in addition to the TBF Avenger, Please ED it corresponds to the period you want to do for the Pacific theater 😉

Wishlist : SBD Dauntless, F9F Panther, F6F Hellcat, TBF Avenger, USS Enterprise CV-6

5 minutes ago, danythunder14 said:

I would like an SBD-5 Dauntless and the SB2C Helldriver in addition to the TBF Avenger, Please ED it corresponds to the period you want to do for the Pacific theater 😉

And flyable when possible. Not a lover of naval fighters, but diving bombs and torpedoes… 😍😍

• Thanks 1

I7 3770K - 32 GB DDR3 - Nvidia RTX 4060 - SSD + NVME