2 Months into 2.9.... Thump's Question on Multiplayer Improvement Progress

Thump

3 hours ago, Slippery Pete said:

2.9 wrecked MT for AMD Ryzen users, I'm sticking with 2.8 (which works flawlessely) until it gets sorted out

Running a 5800X3D and i have a smooth experience under 2.9, both MT and ST.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I didn't want to troll and i also did read that AMD CPU's are more prone to problems after the 2.9 release but i guess if someone post a message that there are problems and then point out that it's an AMD CPU problem, certainly if it's in the topic title, only AMD users will jump into that topic making it look like AMD CPU's are the real problem.
But if you start searching a bit into the 2.9 problems and then look at people's specs you'll find that there are also a lot of Intel users with the same problems. So...?
If its really really an AMD CPU problem, what does it cause for you that it doesn't cause for me? Clearly something else must be the problem since i don't have the same issues.
And i really have a smooth ride (and smooth for me means smoooooth).
I've also seen the Task Manager screen shots where people CPU's one or more cores go to 100% utilisation and then say, hey that's my problem. Well, I have that to but it isn't causing any trouble here so is it really an AMD CPU problem (i doubt it)?
The below screenshot is DCS in MT with high to very high settings but CPU hyperthreading OFF (with it ON i don't see different performance wise in DCS but MSFS runs better imho with it turned off so i leave it off). 

image.png

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

1 hour ago, Slippery Pete said:

That's awesome. Glad you're having fun.

I don't think it is necessarily AMD ryzen. I am using a 5800x3d and 2.9 is a good update for me. Sorry that it's not working for you. What issues are you having? 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

• ED Team
8 hours ago, Thump said:

Can we get an update as to where we're at?  This has been a R O U G H release....

Hi, 

if you are having issues its best to make a thread and attach your dcs log and dxdiag so we can try to help you. 

I have moved this thread to performance issues, hopefully with the data we can try to help you

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to 2 Months into 2.9.... Thump's troubleshooting thread
  • Thump changed the title to 2 Months into 2.9.... Thump's Question on Multiplayer Improvement Progress
8 hours ago, Slippery Pete said:

2.9 wrecked MT for AMD Ryzen users, I'm sticking with 2.8 (which works flawlessely) until it gets sorted out

Not in general. Ryzen 5900 here and after initial hickups (frametime spikes) it now runs smooth as butter.....

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Thump, reading between the lines across threads and discords the planned fix was for mid November but its taking longer than expected. Testing is being done on 4YA server but I dont think its conclusive yet. There is another open beta patch slated for December as Razbam said they have F15E patch ready to go for that.

As a bit of commentary/feedback from myself and friends I think the bug was introduced 29.10.23 under 2.9.0.46801 . To introduce such a problem for this long and not only to choose not to rollback the beta patch but subsequently push it to stable I think is very poor decision making and doesn't utilise the purpose of a beta branch. I've stopped playing for the most part now aside from offline practice.

Edited by Roostyla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roostyla said:

Thump, reading between the lines across threads and discords the planned fix was for mid November but its taking longer than expected. Testing is being done on 4YA server but I dont think its conclusive yet. There is another open beta patch slated for December as Razbam said they have F15E patch ready to go for that.

As a bit of commentary/feedback from myself and friends I think the bug was introduced 29.10.23 under 2.9.0.46801 . To introduce such a problem for this long and not only to choose not to rollback the beta patch but subsequently push it to stable I think is very poor decision making and doesn't utilise the purpose of a beta branch. I've stopped playing for the most part now aside from offline practice.

Thank you for the info.  Much appreciated.

• ED Team
27 minutes ago, Thump said:

I appreciate the out reach but it has to do with MP being heavily affected by the 2.9 update and was looking to see where the devs were on finding a solution to it.  

Our team is working on the issue, and there is a public test tonight on the 4YA server to get some more data and to test. 

Tuesday, 12 December 2023 19:00 GMT 

You can join the server on IP 145.239.150.127:10308 or search for DEBUG in the server browser.

edit: moved the thread to multiplayer now the subject is clearer. 

thanks

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2