A4 skyhawk autorization issue

__Foxen__

24 minutes ago, __Foxen__ said:

It is: Program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/DCSworld/Mods/aircraft 

... and what even means that message: Authorization failed.?

Thank you

That's what I mean, that's the wrong folder and it will cause this problem. Any free mods need to go to the folder I have mentioned above 🙂

Users/(whatever your windows username is)/saved games/dcsworld/mods/aircraft

That's where you need to put it.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Make sure you have deleted the mod from program files and it's ONLY in saved games folder.

Program files/mods is only for official payware that needs to get authorized. Freeware stuff can't be authorized hence getting this error when it's in the wrong folder. 

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

This situation is the same regardless of using DCS with Steam or not. You should have a second dcs folder in saved games, in addition to program files in both cases, and you install mods on that one.

You don't install mods under program files, if you do, you get that error 🙂

• Like 1

DCS-Dismounts Script

7 minutes ago, Cab said:

Why is this in the Mirage F1 Bugs and Problems thread?

Probably because OP is new here and can't find his way around this forum (I don't blame him, because from navigation point of view, it is a mess for newcomers). Admins will move the thread if needed.

Back to OP. Once again read what Winter wrote - DCS resides in TWO folders on your PC:

a) One where the game itself is (in your case steamapps/common/DCSworld);

b) the other one is in Saved Games location WinterH typed 6 posts above.

A-4 Skyhawk mod has to be extracted ONLY into the latter. There cannot be any files of it left in the former.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I downloaded DCS from steam, but only game files are in: steam library and NOT in: downloaded games on my disk. With this I cant use my A4 skyhawk mode cuz some folks on other forum told me that I must have the A4 skyhawk file in DCS files that are in: downloaded games file. If I paste it to DCS steam files than I gonna get this message: athorization is valid for 2d 23h 59m. 

Thank 

PS: I am new here so sorry if it is in like wrong area of the questions.

You've ben answered in the other thread you started:

If you launched DCS at least once, then there is a folder created on your system partition here:

C:\Users\[your windows user name]\Saved Games\DCSworld\

It might be hidden by Windows, but it's certainly there. Un-hide it if needed.

You have to go there, create \Mods\Aircraft\ sub-folder manually and extract A-4 archive over there. It's the only way to make the A-4 mod work.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.