Radar inoperative ?

Jel
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Today i fired up the F15E and noticed the radar refuses to work.

AG as well as AA radar, as soon as i SOI the screen, the radar should start to move - it doesn´t.

TDC works, changing RWS, TWS, ACQ etc modes works, just the radar scanning doesn´t: no movement of the radar head can be seen.

Yes: Radar mode switch is set to "ON"

Tested in current stable version 2.9.1.48335, multiplayer and singleplayer, multiple maps - same everywhere.

Tested with a buddy on a MP map: HE got the same issues on the F15E.

Strange: There was no update to stable version since it worked last time 5 days ago. Worked perfectly then.

Any ideas ?

Edited by Jel

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

18 minutes ago, Jel said:

Tell me your F15E radar works fine and i´ll record a track

The DCS Open Beta F-15E radar is working in Single Player, I'm not on the Stable branch or flown MP recently - so can't comment on your specifics.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Posted (edited)

Nice but i´m using Stable Version  2.9.1.48335 guys 🙂 

I´m not sure where telling me what´s up in current OpenBeta is going to help here.

So what did we test:

I now did a full file repair - no effect.

Tried hot start instead of cold start - no effect.

My buddy who has the same issue also uninstalled all planes he recently installed to check for any interference - no effect.

Here´s a track for you to download from my dropbox since the forum cancelles at 50MB: 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/0icip4udghaz0mx17jqug/h?rlkey=z2f3rb3qf6rs2btmaqumn41qc&dl=0

Edited by Jel

Confirmed, the stable version has a bug related to DLL version check happening with the new year. It has been fixed already so OpenBeta is not impacted.

We will ask ED to release a patch ASAP, in the mean time you might switch to OB which is more stable overall than 2.9.2 AFAIK

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
vor 16 Stunden schrieb Nickkerkwijk:

|Do you have any mods installed? I've noticed that some mods can break the game in weird ways so maybe that is your problem

No mods used here.

Guess i´ll have to drop F15E until next stable update. OB is far too unstable on my end so no way i´m gonna switch 🙂 

Fortunately, there are lots of airframes to fly while we´re waiting for a fix.

Edited by Jel

1 hour ago, Jel said:

No mods used here.

Guess i´ll have to drop F15E until next stable update. OB is far too unstable on my end so no way i´m gonna switch 🙂 

Fortunately, there are lots of airframes to fly while we´re waiting for a fix.

OB (2.9.2) is currently significantly more stable than stable (2.9.1)

2.9.1 had a lot of new features introduced

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Kercheiz:

OB (2.9.2) is currently significantly more stable than stable (2.9.1)

2.9.1 had a lot of new features introduced

well, "more stable" for most. But as is said "on my end" the OB Version is not 🙂 and never was. So that´s not an option - waiting for a fix is.

• ED Team

Hi folks, 

you will need to be patient as the ED team are currently on a break, when they return from the New Year break we will look to update the stable version of DCS. 

We are also considering changing how we patch, we may go to one public build in the future. 

thanks for being patient and have a good new year. 

edit: Regarding the bug I would suggest adding short track replays for the team to check. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

vor 17 Minuten schrieb BIGNEWY:

edit: Regarding the bug I would suggest adding short track replays for the team to check. 

already did so:

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Jel:

Here´s a track for you to download from my dropbox since the forum cancelles at 50MB: 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/0icip4udghaz0mx17jqug/h?rlkey=z2f3rb3qf6rs2btmaqumn41qc&dl=0

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi, 

I have spoken to the team, this issue is already fixed in open beta, so we are just waiting for the stable version to be updated. 

I do not have a date for that update yet. 

thank you

• Like 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Jel said:

well, "more stable" for most. But as is said "on my end" the OB Version is not 🙂 and never was. So that´s not an option - waiting for a fix is.

That's a misconception on your end and most likely an observer bias.

What is "stable" is the version number. By being on stable, you get updates less often, which can be a good thing, for instance if you are a tournament organizer, a server admin, use DCS in a professional environment, have a slow connection and updating is difficult, etc... The program itself, is not more "unstable" (aka bugs) in openbeta, it's even often the opposite as patches come faster.

using stable means : I update DCS every about 6 months. openbeta means : I update DCS once a month or more. Nothing else. The "stable" labelling is a bit misleading.

If you don't have strong restrictions to run on 2.9.1 (such as relying on a specific server only on stable), there is a strong incentive to go openbeta now.

Edited by Kercheiz

• ED Team

I dont want this thread to derail discussing stable open beta, with that said there will always be bugs in DCS and it modules, the complexity of what these teams are working on can not be underestimated and DCS is also constantly evolving. 

As mentioned we are considering only having one public version of DCS and removing the stable / open beta delivery. When we have more news about that we will let you all know. 

In closing we apologies for the inconvenience of the current situation, but rest assured a fix has already been made for the above issue and it will come to your build soon. 

thanks

bignewy 

• Like 2