FCR Target Priority

Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

It exists already . FCR -Utilies - priority sheme:

• Priority Scheme A: Stationary ground targets and airborne targets are prioritized above all others.
• Priority Scheme B: Stationary ground targets are prioritized above all others.
• Priority Scheme c :Moving ground targets and airborne targets are prioritized above all others

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheGhostOfDefi said:

Will there later be the possibility to set prioritization about which targets to engage? For example "Dont Prio targets near a Shot Mark" or "Prio Wheeled vehicles"?

Right now im pretty sure there is nothing like that.

I dont mean the Prio by movement.

There's already a few tools, but not in the exact way you want. You can set PF or NFZ as already suggested, but this is a little time consuming as requires some prep. Best option in the long run though.

Otherwise you can easily select/cycle the next FCR target with the NTS button. You also use the cursor on the FCR screen to select your desired NTS target. 

Automatically disregarding SHOT marks wouldn't be practical. SHOT locations are saved as LOCATIONS and not targets. The missile itself may have not found the target and attacked another near by, leaving the intended target alive etc. 'SHOT AT' are for awareness only.

3 hours ago, Schlomo1933 said:

It exists already . FCR -Utilies - priority sheme:

• Priority Scheme A: Stationary ground targets and airborne targets are prioritized above all others.
• Priority Scheme B: Stationary ground targets are prioritized above all others.
• Priority Scheme c :Moving ground targets and airborne targets are prioritized above all others

That is, what i meant with that:

15 hours ago, TheGhostOfDefi said:

I dont mean the Prio by movement.

2 hours ago, AvroLanc said:

There's already a few tools, but not in the exact way you want. You can set PF or NFZ as already suggested, but this is a little time consuming as requires some prep. Best option in the long run though.

I know & already use NFZ/PFZ.

2 hours ago, AvroLanc said:

Otherwise you can easily select/cycle the next FCR target with the NTS button. You also use the cursor on the FCR screen to select your desired NTS target. 

I already make use of this as well but the thing is it just changes the sequence. 

This goes on and on, i know the most already of the FCR, its purpose, functions and so on. My problem in particular was that i engaged some tanks and in the end all were destroyed but i had some 114-L left. Now there were BTR´s in between the tanks and, of course, the FCR further just showed me the Tanks as Targets. Meanwhile i could see the Wheeled targets it detected over the TSD. I just couldnt engage them over the FCR.

And since im not an 64 Driver nor did i study all available manuals... I asked myself if there is a featrue that would make the engagement over FCR possible. But as it seems its TADS time then.

And as a Disclaimer, please dont take my language as annoyed or know-it-all. All writen with best intends. Its a foreign language for me.

Since topics here turn salty & toxic very quick..

I have read that you can have additional priority schemes loaded from the data cartridge on top of the 3 that are already coming with the radar by default. Though I don't know exactly what can be programmed in there or not.

Edited by FalcoGer

@ Dear Moderator, im well aware of the priority modes we have right now. My question was if there will be further refinemend options. Especially since there is a "Mission" selector (I conclude that it is connected to DTC) in the same Box labled "Priority" where we can select a Scheme.

• ED Team
  • Solution

Only Priority Schemes A, B, and C will be implemented. Additional priority scheme selections were added for future "growth options", but were not implemented in the real AH-64D. Further, the Mission button below the Priority scheme option will not be modeled either since that button was only relevant to those "growth" priority schemes, which rendered the Mission button non-functional anyway.

As such, the tag that was added to the title of this thread was in response to the original questions and remains "not realistic", since only Priority Schemes A, B, and C in their current form are available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

33 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

Only Priority Schemes A, B, and C will be implemented. Additional priority scheme selections were added for future "growth options", but were not implemented in the real AH-64D. Further, the Mission button below the Priority scheme option will not be modeled either since that button was only relevant to those "growth" priority schemes, which rendered the Mission button non-functional anyway.

As such, the tag that was added to the title of this thread was in response to the original questions and remains "not realistic", since only Priority Schemes A, B, and C in their current form are available.

"Not realistic" is accurate. Im sorry i think i wasnt precise enough with my initial post thus were misunderstood. And as before, NOTHING i wrote here is meant passive aggressive in any way! I just have the feeling it could be understood that way when i reread what i wrote so i want to set this right since the last couple of months here where quiete some emotional debates. Thank you btw, this explains my question very well.

Are Air Defence units prioritised above other ground vehicles in line with the Priority Schemes - Ie, if the scheme prioritised static ground vehicles, then the first static ground vehicle selected is an Air Defence one (should it be present).

I recall this behaviour from enough earlier Longbow sims to form the view that it's likely a thing.

I can't remember which previous sim it was but you could select the scan to show only AD units or only tracked vehicles or only wheeled vehicles ,or AD and tracked vehicles , keep the wheeled vehicles out. MAybe it was EECh .....and maybe it was on the atk page of tsd with fcr up