Incorrect Gun sight reticle on F-86...

When will the I correct gunsight reticle(?sp?) be fixed to properly represent the actual gunsight in the F-86? It should be a complete circle with a center dot. Not the current gunsight which is more a WW2, or MiG-15 Gunsight...

• ED Team

please attach any evidence you have to support this and I will ask the team, as far as I am aware it is modelled correct for the A-4 gunsight  

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ok this is a rushed example. I do not know what actual version of the F-86 this clips is from. These are live camera shots from an F-86's cockpit (not gun camera footage) during air to air training. It's a clip showing a practice fight with another F-86 and a practice interception of a B-29. There is.live footage of this on many different videos on YouTube. Let me know  if you would like a link. Thanks. 

IMG_3887.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

IMG_3885.jpg

On 1/9/2024 at 1:26 PM, Owners Rights said:

Ok this is a rushed example. I do not know what actual version of the F-86 this clips is from. These are live camera shots from an F-86's cockpit (not gun camera footage) during air to air training. It's a clip showing a practice fight with another F-86 and a practice interception of a B-29. There is.live footage of this on many different videos on YouTube. Let me know  if you would like a link. Thanks. 

For what it's worth, page 4-23 of the 1960 F-86F manual explains that dot and circle pipper layout was a feature of an early A-1CM gunsight, while later A-4 unit had the circle replaced with 10 diamonds.

DCS Sabre is a late, post-Korean War version and thus is equipped with the latter gunsight model.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Owners Rights said:

Thank you for that update. Do you know if there will there be a Korean War version of the F-86 released? An A or an E version?

F-86 has been, basically, forgotten by ED. It's ballistics are still demonstrably incorrect and we've had our community guys kick up a stink about it. They just don't want to change those lines of code for whatever reason. REALLY makes me want to buy more of their gunfighters!

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL
  • Like 4

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!