Propeller lag while flying

Go to solution Solved by twistking,

Hi, 

I have been experiencing a weird lag while flying prop planes in DCS since the 2.9 update.

The prop's seem to lag behind the propeller shaft and on the engine cowling/aircraft body.

Its kind of difficult to explain; thus I have attached a screen cap video of the issue on two aircrafts.

I experience this issue on all the prop aircrafts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Sid

You should stop using the ST( Single thread) version of DCS and use the MT (Multi thread) version. This bug is not present in the MT-Version, it only exists in the ST-Version, which will not be supported anymore in the future.

3 hours ago, razo+r said:

You should stop using the ST( Single thread) version of DCS and use the MT (Multi thread) version. This bug is not present in the MT-Version, it only exists in the ST-Version, which will not be supported anymore in the future.

I use the MT launcher from the bin-mt folder.

Check that your DCS home screen actually says MT PREVIEW (or something like that) before the version number.  That looks a lot like a reported ST problem (which is unlikely to be fixed since ST is nearing end of life) that no one else has reported in MT yet.

If it is showing you're in MT, post a track and what your graphics settings are.  DLSS would be my other thought messing with things, but again, it doesn't seem to be a common issue.

Sid, If that's really the case, you're the first guy who reports it for MT then.

In either case, devs can't do anything without your dcs logs. Zip and post them here so that they can take a look and investigate further.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

On 1/13/2024 at 11:32 AM, sidwilson said:

Hi, 

I have been experiencing a weird lag while flying prop planes in DCS since the 2.9 update.

The prop's seem to lag behind the propeller shaft and on the engine cowling/aircraft body.

Its kind of difficult to explain; thus I have attached a screen cap video of the issue on two aircrafts.

I experience this issue on all the prop aircrafts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Sid

by chance do you have mods? i have mustang and do not notice this issue.

but like @rob10 and @Art-J said, you should post other info and logs. just reporting an issue without empirical data is looking for a needle in a haystack. 

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

22 hours ago, rob10 said:

Check that your DCS home screen actually says MT PREVIEW (or something like that) before the version number.  That looks a lot like a reported ST problem (which is unlikely to be fixed since ST is nearing end of life) that no one else has reported in MT yet.

If it is showing you're in MT, post a track and what your graphics settings are.  DLSS would be my other thought messing with things, but again, it doesn't seem to be a common issue.

Umm, I can't see any 'mt' appendage where the version is written, but i am opening the launcher from the 'bin-mt' folder; and I use steam if thats of any significance.

Ill post the trk file and the graphics settings screen cap shortly.

29 minutes ago, sidwilson said:

Umm, I can't see any 'mt' appendage where the version is written, but i am opening the launcher from the 'bin-mt' folder; and I use steam if thats of any significance.

Ill post the trk file and the graphics settings screen cap shortly.

It will show a version name / number lower right corner of main menu. From the sound of it you are opening the MT version.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

2 hours ago, silverdevil said:

It will show a version name / number lower right corner of main menu. From the sound of it you are opening the MT version.

dcs.log-20231220-161455.zip

Graphics_Settings.jpg

PROP_TEST_MISSION.trk

2 hours ago, silverdevil said:

I can't see 'mt' written over the version number; but yes, i am opening the launcher from the 'bin-mt' folder.. 

• Solution

To open MT with steam version, you cannot start from your DCS folder directly, but you have to use the steam client to start DCS, then select MT from the popup-menu.
There is no other way currently: Steam will always intercept the MT exe and use default binaries, which are - for steam - still ST.

17 hours ago, twistking said:

To open MT with steam version, you cannot start from your DCS folder directly, but you have to use the steam client to start DCS, then select MT from the popup-menu.
There is no other way currently: Steam will always intercept the MT exe and use default binaries, which are - for steam - still ST.

It worked!!!!!111..

Apparently i was still get launched into the single thread version; but since i am launching it through steam; i got the multithread preview version; now i am not getting those weird prop distortions.

Sorry for the troubles.
Thanks a ton all.  😎

Edited by sidwilson
  • Like 1