Steam Authorization Failed

Audiophilip

Hi,

I'm having issues starting the game via Steam. I have some DLCs that won't be activated. I receive the following error messages once I launch the game via Steam:

image.png

Error.png

I have the latest version. I have re-downloaded the DLCs, as well as checked the integrity of game files. I'm on the main release branch, no betas. Previously the same installation worked, no idea what causes the problem.

I would appreciate any kind of help to solve the authentication issue.

Thank you very much! :)

What DLCs are listed? If there are unofficial modules, also commonly refered as mods, listed, you installed them wrong. If there are official modules listed, you may also consider contacting customer support.

Edited by razo+r

11 hours ago, Audiophilip said:

I would appreciate any kind of help to solve the authentication issue.

Go into your profile on DCS web site and make sure you have unbinded the Steam account.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem where Steam disabled all my modules.

In my profile page, in the "steam binding " part, the button is right now orange and says "bind". Is that what it should be or am I supposed to change it? I don't want to click on something that will screw everything up... worse than it is now.

Edit: after a few restarts of the PC and opening the game a few times, all seems to work now. Just a burp in the cosmos I guess.

Edited by Beirut

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Yep...ED seems to have snuck this change in as it now says "Attention! After the link is done you will not be able to use your Steam DCS account unless you unbind!"  Typical money grap BS.  Sorry, ED, uninstalling standalone will limit my future module purchases.  

35 minutes ago, Mikla said:

Typical money grap BS.

I fail to see how that would be a "money grab" 🙄  ... perhaps you should change Sim, there are some free ones available.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Mikla said:

Yep...ED seems to have snuck this change in as it now says "Attention! After the link is done you will not be able to use your Steam DCS account unless you unbind!"  Typical money grap BS.  Sorry, ED, uninstalling standalone will limit my future module purchases.  

The only way this is a money grab is if you were letting someone else use your Steam account while you were using your standalone or vice versa (so now you'd have to buy a second copy so you could both play).  Otherwise I also fail to see how this is a money grab.  People doing that is why it was changed to the way it is now.  You can use it on EITHER Steam or standalone and you can swap between the two, you just have to jump through a couple of hoops to do so.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Money grab? Really? In what way?

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk