Can somebody explain this CZ behaviour?

Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

I start with a waypoint over a tank (altitude of the waypoint is as the tank). The TGP point over the waypoint, when I slew the TGP and press CZ, the TGP doesn't go to the tank, but if I do a combination of SP->CZ sometimes it goes to the tank. But if I slew from there and CZ again, it again goes over the tank.

Sames happens if I do it over a mark-point.

Shouldn't the TGP start pointing over the tank, and CZ always go to the tank.
https://streamable.com/ckm9xv

F16 CZ.trk

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

3 hours ago, Enabler said:

I have found that TMS Down has not CZ since the last patch. Only the MFD OBS. (No, it's not unbound.)

TMS Down will only perform CZ if the TGP is SOI and is in SLAVE mode.

• Thanks 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

16 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

Rather press TMS DOWN, which can be used to quickly slave the targeting pod to that steerpoint.

TMS DOWN is CZ. And it gives the same result.

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

You may need to hit TMS down twice.  First time seems to "unlock" it from something, 2nd time seems to recenter it on the steerpoint.  No idea what the correct behavior should be, but TGP slewing messes with the nav system steering cues so much that I'm now just making sure to hit TMS down several times before going back to Nav mode, after changing steerpoints in AG mode, etc.

On 2/7/2024 at 9:19 PM, SickSidewinder9 said:

You may need to hit TMS down twice.  First time seems to "unlock" it from something, 2nd time seems to recenter it on the steerpoint.  No idea what the correct behavior should be, but TGP slewing messes with the nav system steering cues so much that I'm now just making sure to hit TMS down several times before going back to Nav mode, after changing steerpoints in AG mode, etc.

Hit it 10 times, it does the same thing. I think is broken.

Try hitting up and down on the waypoint number if it seems stuck.  Not really sure I even understand what you're experiencing, I don't think I have the same problem.  But I use TMS down on my HOTAS, never the CZ OSB, so it may in fact be glitched.

Edited by SickSidewinder9

Can one explain how the marked solution is a solution for this issue?

In the marked solution, we are talking about CZ without a TGP. How can that fix this issue with the TGP?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

On 2/10/2024 at 3:24 PM, Nedum said:

Can one explain how the marked solution is a solution for this issue?

In the marked solution, we are talking about CZ without a TGP. How can that fix this issue with the TGP?

Quote myself, because there is still no solution for the displayed issue.

Is there a solution and if, what solution is it, I can't see in the "solution" thread?

I can't figure it out, if in this solution-thread is a solution for this special >TGP< issue.

Would be nice if one could point me to it. ☺️

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

@RPY Variable all vids and such are old for the TGP now so it is difficult to get how it all works. at some point it was brought to someone's attention that the TGP was not correctly modelled for the F-16. my guess is the nose-to-the-grindstone development was slowed. this post has some info..

but frederf explains it pretty well from a couple years ago. 

On 3/1/2022 at 11:23 PM, Frederf said:

CZ and the sighting point rotary are the same wherever they're found. It doesn't matter where you activate it (FCR or TGP), they all do the same thing. When you slew a sensor away from a steerpoint you introduce slews into the system which stay until erased. CZ eliminates all the slews in the system. TMS down in TGP you'll notice puts the sensor back onto the steerpoint, that's CZ too.

The "TGT" shows what the current sighting point is. Sighting point is the place your sensor is looking at which can be different than the target. For the most part you won't have to worry about it. Depending on the situation this can be "TGT" for target or "STP" which is basically "TGT" for non-attack modes, "OA1" or "OA2" for OAPs, "IP" or "RP" in VIP or VRP modes, and even blank for situations where there is no sighting point allowed like in snowplow. A lot of the time if you don't do special preparation you won't have any options for sighting point except the one (usually STP or TGT or blank).

TMS right is area track. Except when Maverick missiles are active it does something else, commanding a reattempted missile handoff.

All sensors are slaved to the same point at all times. When you move one the others move too. AG modes fall into two categories: visual and preplanned. Visual there's no way to put sensors back to steerpoint because visual attack modes are not steerpoint-centric. In preplanned modes, CZ.

we are a year into the redoing the pod announcement so we have to work with what we have for i am guessing a while. 

Edited by silverdevil
  • Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

13 hours ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

Except TMS doesn't exactly seem to always go back to the steerpoint the first time.  I think it just unlocks it from inertial/point tracking mode,  but it also seems to move it somewhere sometimes.  And the mask warning still doesn't work right at all.

yes. as i noted there is likely a hard stop on the development of the TGP. it would be inefficient to continue fixing something that is incorrect in the first place. though i am not one of the devs, it just makes sense to me and only my opinion.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

6 hours ago, silverdevil said:

yes. as i noted there is likely a hard stop on the development of the TGP. it would be inefficient to continue fixing something that is incorrect in the first place. though i am not one of the devs, it just makes sense to me and only my opinion.

If we ever get an update 0.o