Framerate lag

So I've had extremely bad framerates for months now and I've been chalking it up to the 2.9 patch, but figured I'd ask to see if possibly it was on my end. My fps is at like 7-10 fps on the ground and low 20's in air. It's the same on both Openbeta, MT Openbeta and Stable (which I have on two difference drives) as well as multiplayer and single player. I don't have any mods anymore I don't think, I've turned off tacview, graphic settings are low, vsync is off as well. Drivers are up to date. I've gone through all kinds of tips and tricks that I've read on a couple of the 2.9 problems posts (power management settings, Nividia control panel settings, etc), I've run slow repairs, deleted fxo and metashader folders. dxdiag and device manager says no problems found with my gpu. I know I need more ram btw (16 gb) but it never ran this bad before. Is there at least any way to check if the problem is on my end or not?

DxDiag.txt dcs.log

Edited by Flapjacks

I just had this happen today. I played Thursday and had 0 issues...Turned it on 10 mons ago and it was bad. Unplayable. I'm watching my GPU stats drop. 98% GPU utilization then drop to 1%. Temps are way to low. Was there something that just dropped since Thursday?

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

44 minutes ago, H60MTI said:

I just had this happen today. I played Thursday and had 0 issues...Turned it on 10 mons ago and it was bad. Unplayable. I'm watching my GPU stats drop. 98% GPU utilization then drop to 1%. Temps are way to low. Was there something that just dropped since Thursday?

Nothing I'm aware of. Another patch is dropping soon though I believe.

On 2/16/2024 at 11:04 PM, Flapjacks said:

So I've had extremely bad framerates for months now and I've been chalking it up to the 2.9 patch, but figured I'd ask to see if possibly it was on my end. My fps is at like 7-10 fps on the ground and low 20's in air. It's the same on both Openbeta, MT Openbeta and Stable (which I have on two difference drives) as well as multiplayer and single player. I don't have any mods anymore I don't think, I've turned off tacview, graphic settings are low, vsync is off as well. Drivers are up to date. I've gone through all kinds of tips and tricks that I've read on a couple of the 2.9 problems posts (power management settings, Nividia control panel settings, etc), I've run slow repairs, deleted fxo and metashader folders. dxdiag and device manager says no problems found with my gpu. I know I need more ram btw (16 gb) but it never ran this bad before. Is there at least any way to check if the problem is on my end or not?

hello. i see you are using MSAA. try DLAA. 

you may see ghosting  

On 1/7/2024 at 5:33 AM, DropKick said:

Hi,

one thing that improved the ghosting for me was to replace the nvngx_dlss.dll file in the Mt-bin directory with the latest version from NVidia.

The version in DCS seems to be 3.5.0, but the latest version I’d 3.5.10.

I got the file from:
https://github.com/NVIDIA/DLSS/tree/2aa0b2c9d07995f517561ab6bbef60308bc7eb3a/lib/Windows_x86_64/rel

just back up the original so you can go back if things don’t go so well 🙂

easy to try and revert if necessary.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

2 hours ago, silverdevil said:

hello. i see you are using MSAA. try DLAA. 

you may see ghosting  

easy to try and revert if necessary.

I've tried them all but nothing helps. I have anti-aliasing off for now.

3 hours ago, silverdevil said:

nvngx_dlss.dll

have you tried the linked file?

1 hour ago, Flapjacks said:

I've tried them all but nothing helps. I have anti-aliasing off for now.

honestly DLAA is supposed to raise FPS.

do your settings in NCP jive with your game?

image.png

image.pngnull

null

image.png

Edited by silverdevil
nullnullnull

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

1 hour ago, silverdevil said:

have you tried the linked file?

honestly DLAA is supposed to raise FPS.

do your settings in NCP jive with your game?

image.png

image.pngnull

null

image.png

Not sure how to copy the 3D settings to show in this post. 

14 hours ago, Flapjacks said:

Not sure how to copy the 3D settings to show in this post. 

hi. you can use snipping tool in windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots-00246869-1843-655f-f220-97299b865f6b

• ED Team

Hi, 

what is your HAGS (Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling) settings in windows and do you have game bar active?

Some users have different results with them active and disabled depending on the system. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

what is your HAGS (Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling) settings in windows and do you have game bar active?

Some users have different results with them active and disabled depending on the system. 

Game bar is off HAGS is on.

Edited by Flapjacks

@Flapjacks in NCP the only things i see different between us

These are in NCP

Antialiasing Mode should be Application Controlled. this lets DCS handle it.

Max Frame Rate OFF. in DCS settings use ON and set at 120.

Texture filtering - Quality is set to QUALITY. try HIGH PERFORMANCE. 

let us know how it goes.

20 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

@Flapjacks in NCP the only things i see different between us

These are in NCP

Antialiasing Mode should be Application Controlled. this lets DCS handle it.

Max Frame Rate OFF. in DCS settings use ON and set at 120.

Texture filtering - Quality is set to QUALITY. try HIGH PERFORMANCE. 

let us know how it goes.

I made those changes but no luck.

Screen_240219_110346.jpg

• ED Team

Upgrading RAM to 32GB may help, as you are going to be using pagefile more often with 16GB 

Tuning Tips
Set Water to Low.
Enable Full Screen mode.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So a friend of mine recently sent me a video by Spudknocker that proposes a simple fix for stutter in DCS 2.9 related to Windows Defender. I'll link it below. Just for the record I have tried what he suggests and there appears to be improvements in game/stutter.

The TLDR for the video is to make some scan exemptions for Windows Defender related to DCS. I also included an exception for my Steam folder because I have an Index and wanted to include SteamVR in his solution. As always YMMV.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

47 minutes ago, Hartsblade said:

So a friend of mine recently sent me a video by Spudknocker that proposes a simple fix for stutter in DCS 2.9 related to Windows Defender. I'll link it below. Just for the record I have tried what he suggests and there appears to be improvements in game/stutter.

The TLDR for the video is to make some scan exemptions for Windows Defender related to DCS. I also included an exception for my Steam folder because I have an Index and wanted to include SteamVR in his solution. As always YMMV.

i personally made the exceptions because it was mentioned in other posts. my loading times went from 2 minutes plus to under 30 seconds. i have since suggested adding exceptions to any AV. however before watching this video, i had only the DCS install folder as an exception. i have since added the TrackIR install folder, the APPDATA TrackIR folder, DCS Saved Games folder. thanks to you and Spudknocker.

@Flapjacks it is worth a try.

Edited by silverdevil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are you running extended screen/multy screen?

If you are, try running dcs on 1 screen at your normal resolution and see if the issue is still there, I found my glitches were caused by running an extended/multyscreen setup

If you want to read more here's what went through to find it, it may not be your issue but give it a try

• ED Team

Also in NVIDIA settings use Low Latency Mode - Ultra 

see if you see improvement