NCTR and JF-17

10 hours ago, Furiz said:

Yes, you have to have some return for software to recognize the aircraft if in database.

I am aware that there have to be some return from the engine blades (front or back) in order for the software to find some result(s) in thr database. What I didn't know, is that JF-17 has this kind of air intake (so called diverterless supersonic inlet) what the blades are not visible. Is it true, can anyone confirm that?

What about the back side of the engine? NCTR software can also recognize aircrafts from the back side.

It should be able to recognize both aircraft from the back.  The JF-17 does use a DSI which would make it difficult to NCTR.  But if it isn't recognizing the F15E then maybe they haven't added it yet. 

My PC: GPU-AMD 6800XT OC / CPU- AMD RYZEN 5800X OC / 32 GB RAM 3200Mhz / 1TB SSD / 2TB HDD / 500GB M.2 / Monitor: 34" Ultrawide Samsung 1000R Curve / WinWing F16EX HOTAS / TM Cougar MFDs / TM TPR Rudder Pedals / TrackIR5 / ICP

You absolutely cannot use NCTR in any other aspect than within a certain degree of nose to nose.  Furthermore, it doesn't necessarily need to 'see' the compressor blades - rather it needs to detect the JEM (Jet Engine Modulation) unique to each engine/airframe combination.  DCS is attempting to model something that is highly classified, so it's not worth worrying about how accurate it is doing this when no-one is ever going to be willing to confirm the accuracy of the modelling.  

Dr Spankle

• Like 1