FPS drop after F10 map

Reflected

I think I am seeing the same thing:

I have just started getting this problem with a Pimax Crystal, OpenXR, MT DCS.

In cockpit it beautiful, no lag at all, hit F10, the map comes up and it becomes a slideshow, literally locks up the entire PC, mouse doesn't even move.

Hit F1 and after a minute or 2 I am back in the cockpit and everything is perfect again.

This happens in both single and multiplayer, tested on both Persian Gulf and Syria.

Funny enough, it doesn't seem to happen on Caucasus in SP.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Same here. Actually started around mid-February '24.

Pimax Crystal, SteamVR, MT DCS. Tested on Persian Gulf and Syria. (edit: Windows 10, no other apps)

Long start up time, with graphic blocks flickering until everything has settled in. Switching between F1 and F10 even causes a crash some times.

Edit: Just installed OpenXR, PimaxXR and QuadView. Performance went through the roof. But still uses switching back and forth from F10 map view.

Edited by Nix Mills

18 hours ago, Reflected said:

Since the new update, nearly every time I open the F10 map, my FPS drops to single digit in VR. I need to pause the game, and alt tab out to something else, and then back, unpause, and the FPS goes back to normal - until the next map view. Quest 2 here.

Are you guys please able to advise:

a) What version of Windows you're running

b) What other apps you have running when DCS. 

Interesting thing is I'm seeing people with and without this issue (since last update) and just wondering if there's a common thread between those suffering the issue.

I can confirm, that I just encountered the same problem after latest update, with Mi24 on Caucasus map. Open map with F10, then back to cockpit with F1 and the sim becomes a stutterfest. Had to load the mission new and stutters disappear. Rift S user here. 

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S

I only had this issue with the F-14 which I don't fly much. I tested it yesterday and can confirm that the fps drop still happens when switching the the f10 map and back. Dropped from 72 to 36. ASW was off.

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys i have the same problem with all aircraft and helos, if i use the map when go back to cockpit my fps dropped from 80 to 21-22 and i need to ALT TAB and then back hit F1, and the FPS goes back to 80 - until the next hit map view. Quest 3 here Win 11 and Virtual Desktop last version. i clear the FXO and Metashaders folders and it's the same problem, HELP PLease

• 3 weeks later...

I have been having this issue for a long time now, quite frustrating... From what I recall, this started with MT for me. I was on a Rift S at the time, but it's also been doing it with the Quest 3 that I'm using. The only solution that fixes it temporarily is to go into passthrough and back out, passthrough and alt-tab, or when it gets really bad and those won't do it, taking the headset off and putting it back on a few minutes later.

Random, but I've also noticed that when I'm in the F10 map, if there's any wind in the mission, I can see the trees moving with the wind... Not sure if it's of any relevance, but that's a lot of trees moving around in the F10 map when you go into it.

The issue was also acknowledged in this thread:

Corsair Vengeance C-70 (OD), EVGA Z370 FTW, i7-8700k, Noctua NH-D15, RTX 4070ti TUF OC, Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung SSD 970 Pro NVMe M.2 1TB & 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB , WD Black 4TB Perf HDD - 7200 RPM SuperNOVA 750W P2 Modular, ASUS ROG Swift 27" 2560x1440
TM Warthog, TM F/A-18C Grip, TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, VPC CM3 Base, VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Apache-64, VPC Control Panel 1, WinWing PTO 2, Cougar MFD's, TekCreations F/A-18C Master Arm, Koolertron Keypad, Meta Quest 3
A-10C/II - AH-64D - AV-8B - CH-47F - F-4E - F-5E - F-14 - F-15E -  F-16C - F/A-18C - P-51D - Bf-109K4 - FC3 - UH-1H - Combined Arms - Super Carrier - Flaming Cliffs 3

Nevada - Normandy - Persian Gulf - Sinai - Syria

Likewise, I've had this issue for a long time now as well - certainly more than a year.  Exactly as you all describe above - massive drop off of fps when coming out the F-10 map view and back into the cockpit.  I'm running an HP Reverb G2, with a RTX 3080ti, i912900k chip, and 64 Gb RAM on an SSD drive.  Currently trying Process Lasso to see whether that helps with this problem, and have had mixed results.  While I can't yet recommend Process Lasso as a cure for this problem based on my own experience over the past couple of days, it may nonetheless be worth a try - YMMV.  

Update 3 days later:  Process Lasso is consistently working for me to resolve this F10 fps problem.  I now exit F10 at the same fps I entered it (typically around 80 fps).  This has resolved a problem I've had for well over a year.  If you're experiencing this problem, this is well worth a try.  

Edited by Redwing_204

On 4/20/2024 at 5:48 PM, Redwing_204 said:

Likewise, I've had this issue for a long time now as well - certainly more than a year.  Exactly as you all describe above - massive drop off of fps when coming out the F-10 map view and back into the cockpit.  I'm running an HP Reverb G2, with a RTX 3080ti, i912900k chip, and 64 Gb RAM on an SSD drive.  Currently trying Process Lasso to see whether that helps with this problem, and have had mixed results.  While I can't yet recommend Process Lasso as a cure for this problem based on my own experience over the past couple of days, it may nonetheless be worth a try - YMMV.  

Update 3 days later:  Process Lasso is consistently working for me to resolve this F10 fps problem.  I now exit F10 at the same fps I entered it (typically around 80 fps).  This has resolved a problem I've had for well over a year.  If you're experiencing this problem, this is well worth a try.  

I'm going to give Process Lasso a try. Any idea what settings in Process Lasso have helped in particular?

Corsair Vengeance C-70 (OD), EVGA Z370 FTW, i7-8700k, Noctua NH-D15, RTX 4070ti TUF OC, Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung SSD 970 Pro NVMe M.2 1TB & 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB , WD Black 4TB Perf HDD - 7200 RPM SuperNOVA 750W P2 Modular, ASUS ROG Swift 27" 2560x1440
TM Warthog, TM F/A-18C Grip, TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, VPC CM3 Base, VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Apache-64, VPC Control Panel 1, WinWing PTO 2, Cougar MFD's, TekCreations F/A-18C Master Arm, Koolertron Keypad, Meta Quest 3
A-10C/II - AH-64D - AV-8B - CH-47F - F-4E - F-5E - F-14 - F-15E -  F-16C - F/A-18C - P-51D - Bf-109K4 - FC3 - UH-1H - Combined Arms - Super Carrier - Flaming Cliffs 3

Sorry, not really is the honest answer.  There are a number of setup parameters that many of the Youtube videos recommend.  Setup is easy - less than 5 min.  But I can't isolate which of those particular parameters made the difference for this issue.  I just know at the end of it that this problem is now resolved for me.  

No worries, I'll do some fidgeting and see what comes of it.🤞

I've used Process Lasso to pin DCS to my p-cores, but that doesn't seem to have fixed the F-10 issue for me. I guess there might be some other things I need to set in PL....

Just seen a video suggesting you should use PL to set CPU Priority to 'High' for DCS, not just setting the p-core affinity. I've done that so will see if it helps.

Edited by AhSoul

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread