Cockpit staying spanish

Disala

Hello,

I tried to change my cockpit language to english in the "Special" menu.It still stays spanish though. Anything else I have to do to have the cockpit in english (EB version) ?

44 minutes ago, Disala said:

I tried to change my cockpit language to english in the "Special" menu.It still stays spanish though. Anything else I have to do to have the cockpit in english (EB version) ?

That should be all you need to do.  Works for me.  Do you have any mods installed?  Sometimes, that affects things you wouldn't expect.  And maybe try a repair.

I only have SRS installed. 

I tried a repair and a clean, but it didn't work.

Interestingly, the CC version DOES have the english cockpit, just the EB does not change to english.

I usually have the default one active and tried on my installation but this also didn't work. Setting to English and no change. Tried also with different avionics languages, but this didn't change anything. Will try later with fresh mission and Caucasus. I've only A-4 mod installed.

9 minutes ago, gulredrel said:

I usually have the default one active and tried on my installation but this also didn't work. Setting to English and no change. Tried also with different avionics languages, but this didn't change anything. Will try later with fresh mission and Caucasus. I've only A-4 mod installed.

Which map are you on and is it a custom mission?  Weird that it works for me but not others.

1 hour ago, kontiuka said:

Hmmm. Not sure. Sorry.  C-101EB has an English cockpit for me.

Hi, 

On my DCS only the CC has an english cockpit (but it does not have a spanish one), the EB cockpit looks the same to me on either language. No Mods, tested on Nevada map today:

This is the "Default" cockpit:

QzPTrn3.jpg

and this is the "English" one:

Hk2ENM8.jpg

They look the same to me.

The CC has the same cockpit, irrespective of the special setting:

etlx4BE.jpg

Same happens on the rear cockpit.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

First try was a custom mission in Nevada.

Just a few minutes ago I tried Caucasus new mission, and only placed the C-101EB on the ramp. No luck.

I also tried single threading version, cause first attempts were done in multi threading version.

edit: @Rudel_chw thanks, exact same for me. So I have no clue.

Here it's the module's livery folder which has an English cockpit folder with textures. Checking the dds files, the labels are in English but won't show up in game for me.

cockpit_english_liveries.jpg?rlkey=8nxtx

Edited by gulredrel

6 minutes ago, kontiuka said:

Your DCS installs don't have a Spanish localization, do they?

No, I have the English one:

53EdPkM.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

In DCS 2.9.3.51704 I see the same issue. Regardless of the Options -> Special -> C-101 -> Cockpit Language selection, my C-101EB and C-101CC always show an English cockpit.

I still have an old 2.9.1.48335 installation and in that version the C-101 adheres to the Cockpit Language selection (Default = Spanish, English = English).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

In DCS 2.9.3.51704 I see the same issue. Regardless of the Options -> Special -> C-101 -> Cockpit Language selection, my C-101EB and C-101CC always show an English cockpit.

I still have an old 2.9.1.48335 installation and in that version the C-101 adheres to the Cockpit Language selection (Default = Spanish, English = English).

ok, so this is clearly a bug … @fausete can you please add this as a bug report? Thanks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

@fausete can you please add this as a bug report?

I can submit a bug report in the DCS Closed Beta Testers section; if AvioDev is aware, then that's probably not necessary. Just want to avoid creating two bug reports near simultaneously.

• Thanks 2