Episode II is online!

Gianky

3 minutes ago, Q3ark said:

The way it departed flight looked so cool, this thing is going to be fun to fly!

For the open-minded, anyway. I suspect the 4th Gen ’Lift Vector on Bandit & PULL’ club will chime in with “hurr durr it spun when I one-circled a Viper, Phantom sux.”

• Like 2

Nice work, textuers are amazing too (what I see)! It will be great model!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, Kalasnkova74 said:

For the open-minded, anyway. I suspect the 4th Gen ’Lift Vector on Bandit & PULL’ club will chime in with “hurr durr it spun when I one-circled a Viper, Phantom sux.”

What are you banging on about.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Kalasnkova74 said:

Well, people will have to learn to keep an eye (ear in this case?) on the AoA indicator. As long as you are below the critical AoA wings are flying. And the control stick is nothing but a literal (in the literal sense of literal) AoA selector. As easy as that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, freehand said:

What are you banging on about.

I would suggest he means that the 'later gen' pilots will miss the 'pull the wings off in combat and hope the flight control system will sort it out' and find that old jets depart pretty quickly! 

'You can only ever equal the low flying record, never beat it!'

🫡🤣

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Kalasnkova74 said:

There have been plenty of quirky aircraft in DCS, I don't see why the F-4E should get any more hate than the others. Also the "4th gen club" isn't a bunch of ignorant fools. Give the community some credit.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, lmp said:

There have been plenty of quirky aircraft in DCS, I don't see why the F-4E should get any more hate than the others. Also the "4th gen club" isn't a bunch of ignorant fools. Give the community some credit.

Yeah, no different than when the Tomcat came along and many of us realised quite quickly that the wings not only swing but are detachable if you pull on the stick hard enough :blush: Hell, i've even managed to make a Viggen disassemble itself before now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bfr said:

Yeah, no different than when the Tomcat came along and many of us realised quite quickly that the wings not only swing but are detachable if you pull on the stick hard enough :blush: Hell, i've even managed to make a Viggen disassemble itself before now.

😄

I remember all the crazy stalls in the MiG-21, flying the MiG-15 into the ground after I oversped it or stalling on final because the engine takes an eternity to spool up from idle, the L-39 rolling over when I pulled a little too much AoA after a strafe run... Good times.

• Like 3

Pretty sure if you ignore the eye-candy and marketing blurbs that video really only says "It's a bitch to fly".

But...dang.  That eye candy is pretty hard to ignore...HB has apparently managed to out-do themselves again.  Again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raisuli said:

Pretty sure if you ignore the eye-candy and marketing blurbs that video really only says "It's a bitch to fly".

But...dang.  That eye candy is pretty hard to ignore...HB has apparently managed to out-do themselves again.  Again.

Certainly it looks like it can bite you if you try to make it do things it doesn't want to. At the same time from the videos it does also look like you can throw it around a fair bit. I can see myself doing an awful lot of joyriding in it (probably resulting in numerous instances of my virtual demise) before I start figuring out how to actually fight in it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raisuli said:

Bitch to fight in, probably perfectly fine to just fly in. Very few planes are particularly hard to just fly in in DCS. Even things like MiG21 is perfectly docile if all you are doing is flying from A to B. 

People also seem to forget DCS has warbirds. I know it's not the biggest part of DCS but many many do fly them. And if you can handle a P47 flying on a knives edge. Then no jet will be very hard to learn how to fly.

• Like 4

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Pretty excited to see that stick deflection strength feature, and equally excited to see it get back ported to the F-14. I’m a firm believer it was never supposed to be possible to tear the wings off in the first place due to the combo of eddy damper and bob weights.
  • Like 4