Radio Checkbox

Hello,

What is supposed to do the Radio Checkbox in the Airplane Group properties, and why frequency for the Client planes is not editable?

image.png

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a fundamental question about this: Since I haven't dealt with the FC 3 modules for a long time and have only recently started traveling more with the Mig-29, I would like to ask how communication generally works with the FC 3 modules. As you can see in the screenshot, I can set a frequency for the AI units. For which AI unit? The wingmen flying in my group? How is this handled if, for example, there is Group A (Su-33), B (Su-25) & C (F-15). Additionally, a tanker plane. As a player, I'm in group A and I want to tell group C to attack enemy xy. Afterwards I would like to refuel at the tanker plane. Now I can't set frequencies for each group in the FC 3 modules, how do I do that? I still have the NS 430 module, which can also be used in the FC 3 modules, but you can't communicate with it, it's 'only' for navigation (or have I overlooked something)?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

On 3/2/2024 at 10:17 AM, Amarok_73 said:

why frequency for the Client planes is not editable?

Because the client can change the frequency in FF aircraft and the FC3 aircraft will hear everything from friendlies anyway and doesn't need specific frequency (simplified radio).

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

4 hours ago, draconus said:

Because the client can change the frequency in FF aircraft and the FC3 aircraft will hear everything from friendlies anyway and doesn't need specific frequency (simplified radio).

Meaning, using this checkbox I can disable default "all-hearing" radio, and use the additionally defined in sound settings radios, to hear specific frequencies only?

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

3 hours ago, Amarok_73 said:

Meaning, using this checkbox I can disable default "all-hearing" radio, and use the additionally defined in sound settings radios, to hear specific frequencies only?

There're receive modes available:

but Voicechat works for any aircraft independently for human comms.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 4/11/2024 at 12:14 PM, kotor633 said:

I have a fundamental question about this: Since I haven't dealt with the FC 3 modules for a long time and have only recently started traveling more with the Mig-29, I would like to ask how communication generally works with the FC 3 modules. As you can see in the screenshot, I can set a frequency for the AI units. For which AI unit? The wingmen flying in my group? How is this handled if, for example, there is Group A (Su-33), B (Su-25) & C (F-15). Additionally, a tanker plane. As a player, I'm in group A and I want to tell group C to attack enemy xy. Afterwards I would like to refuel at the tanker plane. Now I can't set frequencies for each group in the FC 3 modules, how do I do that? I still have the NS 430 module, which can also be used in the FC 3 modules, but you can't communicate with it, it's 'only' for navigation (or have I overlooked something)?

Open the comms menu and it will show you all the options you have to contact other units. If there is no active duty unit ex. no AWACS in the mission - no comms for that. If there is a tanker but have just took off - no comms for it either until it's ready on the task. You can give orders only to your flight members. For other groups you have to add a new radio option in Mission Editor that will trigger some actions - look how it's done in missions/campaigns. You don't have to set any frequencies for FC3 mission. Yes, NS430 has only navigation part implemented.

In FF modules you have to set frequencies to properly request tasks and hear the responses but the comms menu and options are the same.