How to STT the current L&S contact?

Go to solution Solved by Lord Vader,

The manual claims I need to press cage/uncage, yet this toggles the Sparrow's loft mode on and off and doesn't affect STT.
Only way to enter STT is SCS right. Yet I do have to move the TDC on the desired contact, so the whole process of designating a primary target beforehand seems a bit irrelevant when I can't conveniently put this into STT.

Screenshot_19.png

I'd also be interested to know how to drop STT quickly as the nws/undesignate doesn't appear to reliably do this.

Edited by Rongor
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rongor said:

Only way to enter STT is SCS right.

Or just fire the Sparrow and the radar will automatically go into STT 🙂 

• Thanks 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hey @Rongor

We will be revisiting the DCS: F/A-18C manual in the future. This is a Early Access manual and this module has seen multiple adjustments and refinements on its procedures and logics.

Thanks for bringing this up, we've added to our list of changes for a future update. 

For now, refer to page page 168 on the same manual for the correct steps to switch to STT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord