Help!!! I screwed up big time!

I bought a new external ssd and transferred DCS over to it. But I messed up! Boy did I ever. Now I'm trying to uninstall the mess I made. I'm going to have to reinstall everything. But I can't get in. It wants a Google authorization code. Where do I get that? Help out an idiot, please!

I assume you are talking about the 2FA (2 factor authorization) that is using Google's authenticator app. Do you have that one or a different 2FA app, with which you can generate the requested code?

Why do you even need a Google authorization code to do the stuff you want to do?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• ED Team

Please email support using the same email your dcs account is associated with 

email support@digitalcombatsimulator.com
or eagledynamics.service@gmail.com

they will assist you with 2FA issues

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

21 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Why do you even need a Google authorization code to do the stuff you want to do?

Second layer of security. Some of use spent a lot of money in DCS modules and it would be a shame if someone would steal your account. 

• Like 1

My skins

Oh Boy...🙄

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

If you ever find yourself in that situation again, you can circumvent the 2FA by doing this:

open DCS
in main menu, go to the store (the top menu, not the carrousel at the bottom)
click to "buy" something
your browser will open with your account logged in 
go to your profile and disable 2FA

Edited by diego999

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 2:36 AM, diego999 said:

If you ever find yourself in that situation again, you can circumvent the 2FA by doing this:

open DCS
in main menu, go to the store (the top menu, not the carrousel at the bottom)
click to "buy" something
your browser will open with your account logged in 
go to your profile and disable 2FA

Does this not defeat the whole point of 2FA, or are we taking the view that hackers wouldn't have DCS installed?

Also, if I enable 2FA on my account, does that mean I have to fart around with a phone every time I launch the game or is it just for account access?  

R7-7800x3d, Asus TufRTX4090, 32G Corsair 6GHz DDR5, Reverb G2, Motion Rig (home made), Sidewinder FFB Stick, Crosswind Pedals

2 hours ago, Tea-Pig said:

Does this not defeat the whole point of 2FA, or are we taking the view that hackers wouldn't have DCS installed?

Also, if I enable 2FA on my account, does that mean I have to fart around with a phone every time I launch the game or is it just for account access?  

From what I heard, the 2FA was implemented because people were abusing the trial program somehow. 

It's just for account access on the main website. The game itself doesn't have 2FA validation.

3 hours ago, Tea-Pig said:

No, because with 2FA disabled they can't do whatever they were doing to run trials multiple times likely.  From the way I read it, that post is just about how to disable 2FA.

Well if it's just for website access then I think I'm going to give it a go. My Facebook and Steam accounts have both been stolen in the last couple of years. Facebook were worse than useless and showed no interest at all but Steam did manage to recover my account with them. I've got a lot more invested in my DCS account and wouldn't want to lose it.

R7-7800x3d, Asus TufRTX4090, 32G Corsair 6GHz DDR5, Reverb G2, Motion Rig (home made), Sidewinder FFB Stick, Crosswind Pedals

• ED Team
13 minutes ago, Tea-Pig said:

Well if it's just for website access then I think I'm going to give it a go. My Facebook and Steam accounts have both been stolen in the last couple of years. Facebook were worse than useless and showed no interest at all but Steam did manage to recover my account with them. I've got a lot more invested in my DCS account and wouldn't want to lose it.

using 2FA is a good idea to protect your accounts. 

Here on DCS you can use 2FA on your DCS account and on the forum account, its just an extra layer of security to prevent people taking control of your accounts if your password was compromised. 

You do not need to worry about 2FA when playing, your account is logged in and you continue as normal, 2FA is only needed for details changes like password changes, or if you want to use our free trial system. 

thank you  

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for clarifying @BIGNEWY. Like others, I had a yuk knee-jerk reaction to the thought of having to have some bit of Google spyware just to play DCS but on further research it seems quite innocuous really. And the free trials are a very nice and generous feature of DCS. 

• Like 2