TDOA - Weird visual bug

_SteelFalcon_

MP track from a testing session with some friends.

Somehow the SA-6 symbology gets stuck to the edge of the HAD page, no matter the range scale.
the dashed line of #1 ends at the location of the SA-6 but for me it was always stuck at the edge of the display.

Even when nobody was commanding TDOA anymore, the symbol remained stuck in place despite changing direction

Unsure how to relably replicate however. I was pretty far away at the point where TDOA was commanded the first time

CAC_TEST_GBAD_Regiment-20231019-205656.trk

Edited by _SteelFalcon_

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Recently when flying Mission 9 Part 2 of the Weasels over Syria Campaign I had some issues with the HAD.
It had happened before once in Mission 5.

During Mission 9 it happened twice at pretty much the same time. Both times I restarted the mission. The problem happened a third time later in the mission and was suddenly gone after a few minutes.

I would lock up a target and then TMS left for TDOA. In some instances the track was suddenly lost. The HAD started showing weird bullseye positions and the HAD was not usable anymore. It still updated and showed emitters but I couldn't lock them up anymore because I had no Cursor. The error happens around 1:30:30 (Time on the clock in the DED) in the attached track.

Tomahawk

image.png

fail2.trk

Edited by Tomahawk

Same in multiplayer. I could not get it to work.
I locked a SA-6 radar via the HAD page, TMS left long to send it to my human wingman. I got the TDOA HUD symbology. Wingman got 'data received' audio message and TDOA HUD symbology ("- - >") pointing towards the target. 
However, the lines on the HAD page were not showing. We did sometimes see a solid white line from own ship to 'nowhere' or a blue dashed line from master to target. But never the expected white dashed line from slave to target.
Wingman was unable to lock the target. Neither ever got the TD-M or TD-S indications.

@BIGNEWY Seems broken.

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 4 months later...

nullThis was an odd one, sorry I do not have a track, was in MP, Sinai...

4-ship flowing towards target area.  a SnowDrift popped up on HAD.  I TMS UP'd it, got a lock, and then proceeded to TMS Left long to send TDOA.

The wingman lines started to connect to the locked emitter, and then the SD dropped off the HTS/HAD (ie it went dark, etc). 

Kaboom!  My HAD bricked.  the cursor disappeared, and there was that -2 billion values for the cursor-to-bullseye value (red circled in screenshot).

I tried TMS down, I tried changing THREAT classes, EOM/PB/etc modes.  I tried locking a target in TGP , FCR... I tried cycling to NAV, A2A, nothing worked.

I even powered off the HTS hardpoint, turned it back on, waiting till it spun back up.. and it was still bricked.

image.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just had this exact same issue multiplayer on Syria although my target was a hawk but bricked in exactly the same way. I don’t have track file for it but I’ll try to reproduce in sp to get one. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 11:54 AM, Lord Vader said:

Hi @pchRage

Unfortunately without a proper track we simply cannot analyse what's happening. We've tested TDOA recently and couldn't observe what you describe.

We just had 9 aircraft brick their HADs when performing TDOA in our mission tonight. So this issue definitely exists. Exact same symptopms with cursor bullseye being several millions of miles away.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• ED Team

We are good now it seems, I have merged the threads and a report has been made. 

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2