Rearm and Refuel differences.

Not sure why there's a difference, but using the Communication Radio menu -> Ground Crew -> Rearm and Refuel leads to a different window than Left-Alt+'

If you use L-Alt+' sometimes you will get no response from the ground crew. And yes, I tested engines off, door open, as well as running with radios on. This particular situation was a hot start helicopter, a Huey to be specific. You just hear the pilot requesting the services.

Without changing anything else, if you use the Radio menu, they respond with COPY right away.

Is it not just two methods going to the same place? One using the Radio menu, the other using a Keybind?

2 hours ago, Antix70 said:

Not sure why there's a difference, but using the Communication Radio menu -> Ground Crew -> Rearm and Refuel leads to a different window than Left-Alt+'

If you use L-Alt+' sometimes you will get no response from the ground crew. And yes, I tested engines off, door open, as well as running with radios on. This particular situation was a hot start helicopter, a Huey to be specific. You just hear the pilot requesting the services.

Without changing anything else, if you use the Radio menu, they respond with COPY right away.

Is it not just two methods going to the same place? One using the Radio menu, the other using a Keybind?

hello. the key \ is for ground crew commo. those keys you mention and the HOTAS are in air commo. unless i am misunderstanding your question.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

47 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

hello. the key \ is for ground crew commo. those keys you mention and the HOTAS are in air commo. unless i am misunderstanding your question.

You're misunderstanding, because the \ is for many more things than just ground comms (tanker, ATC, wingman comms, etc, all of which are in-air)

Scenario for you to try...

Go into DCS, Instant Action menu item, Select the Huey, select map Persian Gulf, click on FREE FLIGHT.

Once on the ramp, click L-ALT+' This will bring up the rearming and refueling window, set the fuel to 50%-ish, hit OK.
(no sense in trying to re-arm, the helicopter is set up as civilian in the mission editor for this instant action)

Your pilot will request refueling, and request rearming (even though you didn't ask for it)
You will get no response.

Now...
Since that didn't work, press \, Press F8, press F1, you will get the SAME Rearm & Refuel window, but this time it will work, ground crew will respond with COPY and perform the tasks.

45 minutes ago, Antix70 said:

I have confirmed this to be the case with a few of the maps. Have not checked other aircraft just yet though.

sorry. i do not have the huey. are you having these troubles in just the huey? any other aircraft having the issues?

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Posted (edited)

My test with the Apache worked ok.

I also tested on an online server of ours, the Huey would not refuel with L-Alt+' but the Apache would.

They both refueled with using the ground crew radio menu.

Edited by Antix70

On 3/18/2024 at 4:19 AM, Antix70 said:

I'm unable to test at the moment, but this does interest me.

Do you have easy coms turned on or off?

Also - what do you have your radio's transmitter turned to. (ie:)

image.png

Does it behave differently if set to PVT / Int / 2 / etc? 

On 3/17/2024 at 10:09 PM, Antix70 said:

You're misunderstanding, because the \ is for many more things than just ground comms (tanker, ATC, wingman comms, etc, all of which are in-air)

Only if easy comms option is selected, otherwise Silverdevil is correct.

I wouldn't use stock training and instant missions as a reference either, as they override some of realism settings you use in your own custom missions. So do the multiplayer ones, of course.

In either case, please post replay tracks showing the issue, it can be Huey problem, or map/airbase problem, or both.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I have tested on both Multiplayer, single mission, and instant action.

On the multiplayer server, Same airport, Huey vs Apache.

In the Apache, using L-ALT+' brings up the Rearm/Refuel menu, and the ground crew responds COPY.

In the Huey, the ground crew does not respond. So it may be a Huey thing.

Regardless if it's restricted to the Huey, or effects some or all aircraft, across some maps but not others, it needs to be fixed.

KAZFACTORS Operation_Sandbox_V4.2-20240320-185626.trk

• 1 month later...