Indian Ocean

Access from the Indian Ocean supported by air2air-refueling would mean so much more possibilities.
The Baluchistan region between south Afghanistan and the Ocean wouldn't even require any detailed scenery, terrain only would be just fine.

Please don't miss this chance to include the opportunity for long range naval air ops.

• Like 13

@Mike Force Team agrees wholeheartedly with @Rongor@Eagle Dynamics, please consider expanding the Afghanistan Map so that it allows access to the Arabian Sea or Indian Ocean.  The Tomcats, Harriers, and Hornets pilots would like to enjoy flying from the carriers across Pakistan en route to Afghanistan.  Currently, the Afghan map information reveals the focus is solely on Afghanistan itself.  Should @Eagle Dynamics consider expanding and charging for the Afghan Map expansion, I believe people will pay for it.

Mike Force Team

• Like 5

+1

Should be technically doable, since the length of the expanded map will be about 900 miles. That's only marginally bigger than the South Atlantic.

I can totally live with a very, very crude representation of that area. Like, "the western part of the PG map" level crude. A basic shoreline, some water bodies, rudimentary mesh and a generic sand texture will suffice.

Doesn't seem too hard to do, won't impact the performance at all, guaranteed to make a couple folks very happy 🤗

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 7

Dima | My DCS uploads

I second this idea. A simple extension (no detailed area and rough or flat height map) would go a long way to enable carrier ops and longer ingress routes especially for the coming C-130J or flying Tomcats and Hornets from the Indian Ocean. 😍

• Like 4

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

A picture worth thousand words, so here's what I mean by "crude representation":

Screenshot - 240323 21_34_06.jpg

Screenshot - 240323 21_35_55.jpg

These are Iraq and Pakistan on the PG map. Hundreds of miles beyond the detailed area of that map.

Doubt a lot of manual labor went into this. Probably just some leftovers from the data ED acquired for the region.

With Afghanistan, I would settle for even less than that.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

Wait. There's no water for carrier/naval use right now?

Jolly bad show. We don't need a lot of details but I'm surprised this is happening considering how popular the 18c module has seemingly been over the years.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Water for this map would be extremely valuable, even if the terrain between is extremely low quality. The ability to fly from carriers and to perform long flights is only a plus.

• Like 3

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files