First ever successful landing on a WW2 carrier (in the F4U mod)

Hope it's ok to post this here. But wanted to share and pay tribute to all the folks who developed the amazing carriers, ships and aircraft to help our dreams come true. 

Thanks to these forums, and the mods, I was able to successfully land a F4U corsair, fold the wings and park. And then take off from USS Franklin with a boat load (pun intended :)) of F4Us and TBF Avengers. 

Cant wait to see what the future holds for the WW2 Pacific Theater. 

Oh, and PLEASE, if someone can make some SBD Dauntless 🙂 They need some love too 🙂

• Like 2

@Adalla

Send me a PM

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hi thank you for this wonderful video very nice work, however it is a shame to have used an old mod of the F4U the last and much more accomplished.  Did you really hang the strand?or is it A.I.

Patrick et Eric

@ERIC

Hi there!

Glad to see you here!

I have up-dated this aircraft to use a new prop animation.

If you have another, please send to me, or post a link please.

A question, Did you see the PM from Toan?

About a new model?

Thanks!

This is a great mod!

Merci!

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

12 hours ago, ERIC said:

Hi thank you for this wonderful video very nice work, however it is a shame to have used an old mod of the F4U the last and much more accomplished.  Did you really hang the strand?or is it A.I.

Patrick et Eric

Hi Eric,

At times its difficult to find the latest version of mods, particularly for mods not shared on DCS User Files and/or a common location. Most of the time they are drop box links inside threads, that get superseded by a link on next thread page. 

I wish there would be a central repository for all mods that is more user friendly than DCS user files for searching. 

Hang the strand? Habe not heard that one before 🙂 but if you mean was I flying? Yes i flew the landing amd take off you see in the video. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

nullAfter considerable testing and learning, managed to get an attack on Zuikaku with Avengers and SBDs going @Hawkeye60. Everything worked well enough. I did decrease the Zuikaku HP from 4000 to 2000. With that, it takes 8x 500lb bombs or 8 torpedoes to sink her. I've contemplated playing with triggers to allow for fire damage as some IJN carriers were sunk with just 2 bombs due to fires. 

nullnullnullnull

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

Edited by Adalla
  • Like 2

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Thanks 2

I thought they  were included

Check again and let me know.

where can we get the WW 2 ships ???? So Badly need them

Asus ROG MAXIMUS X Formula

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

Asus GTX 2080ti OC edition

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

Samsung CHG90 monitor at 144 htz

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

I think the japan ship is Dol's

Most any US carrier are mine.

Found on the foruns

Search either my, or Dol's name

You will find what you seek!

Dol has a Japan destroyer as well!

More targets!

• Like 1

I added my Dynamic Decks templates onto the Yorktown, with Launch and Recovery decks. 
I've also added the FCLP boxlights onto the Yorktown to enable night carrier ops. 

• Like 1

Hi fantastic work well done.. is there a link for the Yorktown? And thank you and happy to finally see the cockpit illuminated at night in F2 view.😉.Eric et Patrick

• Like 1

@Fab8ball

The mod has been up dated to include the liveries.

See the BOB thread, last post.

The Brothers are going to up-date the prop at some point soon.

Enjoy!

One of my favorites!

• Like 1

@Adalla, thanks for your great templates & videos, but you forgot your best video?

Showing a comparison of most of the carrier mods & a very nice show case for these amazing modders, and their much appreciated work 👍

DCS Carriers Showcase (more than 15 community carriers)

On 4/26/2024 at 9:13 AM, ERIC said:

Hi fantastic work well done.. is there a link for the Yorktown? And thank you and happy to finally see the cockpit illuminated at night in F2 view.😉.Eric et Patrick

Hi Eric, link below for Hawkeye's WWII CV mods including Yorktown

WWII Allied Carriers Pacific Fleet

Merci beaucoup to you & Patrick for your many mods, incl. the PACK AI 1940 BATTLE OF BRITAIN

Are you ever planing to add back the Curtiss SB2C Helldiver, that was in the original pack?

Missing from the updated pack & would be another great AI asset for the Pacific, to add to Hawkeye's amazing mods 😀👍

Edited by ggrewe
Spelling

Thank you, yes it is planned to repair the Curtiss SB2 flyable as well as the DEWOITINE D-520 the HURRICANE the F6F and to improve the 3d models especially the f4U. I admit I don't understand how to land the f4u on aircraft carriers as a player mod a tutorial or video would be cool. Thanks again to the community for the collective work.

Eric et Patrick

Edited by ERIC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The video of which you speak should be made by

@SFC Tako

He was the  DCS Pilot who made a video of landing on the Enterprise using Mario's Bearcat!

Way back when we used the P51 fm in the saved games location, before the lock down! LOL

I spoke with him recently.

He told me a new Prop landing video was coming soon.

Almost forgot,

NO HOOK!

1 hour ago, ERIC said:

Thank you, yes it is planned to repair the Curtiss SB2 flyable as well as the DEWOITINE D-520 the HURRICANE the F6F and to improve the 3d models especially the f4U. I admit I don't understand how to land the f4u on aircraft carriers as a player mod a tutorial or video would be cool. Thanks again to the community for the collective work.

Eric et Patrick

Cheers Eric - that is very exciting news, indeed. Much appreciated 🙏

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ggrewe said:

@Adalla, thanks for your great templates & videos, but you forgot your best video?

Showing a comparison of most of the carrier mods & a very nice show case for these amazing modders, and their much appreciated work 👍

DCS Carriers Showcase (more than 15 community carriers)

Hi Eric, link below for Hawkeye's WWII CV mods including Yorktown

WWII Allied Carriers Pacific Fleet

Merci beaucoup to you & Patrick for your many mods, incl. the PACK AI 1940 BATTLE OF BRITAIN

Are you ever planing to add back the Curtiss SB2C Helldiver, that was in the original pack?

Missing from the updated pack & would be another great AI asset for the Pacific, to add to Hawkeye's amazing mods 😀👍

Thanks. Yeah I am trying not to spam all my WW2 videos on here, but yeah was amazing to see how many great carriers are available from the community. 

@Hawkeye60 looking forward one day to get a reskinned Enterprise as it needs some love compared to the other Yorktown-class carriers 🙂 

Also, any plans for Lexington and Saratoga one day? 🙂

7 hours ago, ERIC said:

Thank you, yes it is planned to repair the Curtiss SB2 flyable as well as the DEWOITINE D-520 the HURRICANE the F6F and to improve the 3d models especially the f4U. I admit I don't understand how to land the f4u on aircraft carriers as a player mod a tutorial or video would be cool. Thanks again to the community for the collective work.null

Eric et Patrick

Oh that's awesome. As soon as we have a working flyable F6F, I'll switch to it as Corsairs were not typical in the Fast Carrier Task Force. I believe only 2 squadrons of Corsairs made it aboard towards end of war. Mostly was Wildcats and Hellcats. 

I've started a new Task Force 17 series campaign, if interested I can post some of those on here. Campaign premise is Marianas are occupied by Japan and Task Force 17 is tasked with retaking the Marianas back. 

Also, I managed to have dynamic decks added to use F10 menu to spawn statics for launch and recovery, as well as FCLP boxlights to add lights to the carriers for night ops 🙂 

image.png

Edited by Adalla
  • Like 2