Unable to use DLSS in settings

I normally will change from msaax2 and DLSS just to check both out with my Oculus quest 2. I tried to make the change today in the settings and saved but when I go into a server I notice in the settings that it will revert back to msaax2. Very weird issue. I have never had this problem before.

I have a 2080ti. It looks like my antivirus software stopped a few files from going through on the update which caused this issue. I performed a slow repair but that did not work. I am waiting for a response now for the next step to take.

Make sure you are launching the MT version of DCS, it doesn’t work on ST

• Like 1

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

3 hours ago, A A ron said:

I have a 2080ti. It looks like my antivirus software stopped a few files from going through on the update which caused this issue. I performed a slow repair but that did not work. I am waiting for a response now for the next step to take.

Have you added an exclusion for dcs in your av

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

The issue was that the data protector on my Norton Antivirus prevented a few files from going through causing the issue I had. I turned off the data protector on the Norton antivirus and performed a slow repair. The simulator is working normal again. What is unusual is that the Norton Antivirus never prevented files from going through on other updates. There were some updates that the Norton Anti virus software needed just before I performed the DCS world update and I believe the data protector was added or modified to prevent more suspicious activity. I will likely have to turn off the data protector every time before doing a DCS update. Hopefully this helps others.

• Thanks 1

Honestly... Norton is a plague on the house of AV programs ... but glad you got it fixed.

• Like 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

Honestly... Norton is a plague on the house of AV programs ... but glad you got it fixed.

Always has been as long as I can remember. Even before LOMAC was a thing! 😁

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Always has been as long as I can remember. Even before LOMAC was a thing!
At least 27 years and counting! OP, stop paying for crap! Defender is included with Windows and free. The day PC vendors just stop pushing crap bloatware will never stop unfortunately.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk