"Low" next to flight path marker in HUD?

Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

I played 2-3 quick figuring-stuff-out missions, and for some reason the word "Low" came up next to the flight path marker on the HUD in A-G master mode. The Plane was cold started with four 500lb JDAM's on it. Targeting pod was on the plane.

I couldn't figure out what was "low". What might this mean? I can't reproduce it. I've done these DCC JDAM missions a zillion times without seeing it. Like an idiot, I cropped the image down to the HUD and saved over the original, so any other info is lost. The range caret just happens to be at the bottom of the DLZ in the screen grab. "Low" was there for the whole flight.

On another note, I was too busy playing around in the cockpit to notice how beautiful the landscape was outside of the plane!  Coming in to the landing pattern a little rain came through. DCS does weather quite well!

Thanks!

-Ryan

Screen_240509_225749.jpg

• Solution
Posted (edited)

The 'LOW' mnemonic should appear to the right side of flight path marker if the aircraft's release parameters are suboptimal for weapon delivery (and if the aircraft is less than 10 seconds to the release point in order to keep the HUD decluttered). The mnemonic can also appear if the aircraft's altitude is insufficient for the current weapon's fuze settings (primarily regarding arming time and release point less than 10 seconds away).

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 3

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

My brain is having trouble making sense of the LOW display logic in the context of that screenshot. The altitude certainly is high enough for fusing, but it's showing >10 seconds (35 seconds) from release. While also simultanously showing 2.7nm and the release cue having already passed, which isn't making sense with the 35-second timer.

Thanks guys! I thought that's what the "LOW" was referring to.

Again, something was just sort of.... glitched......  as it said "LOW" the whole flight. There was definitely a ramp rearm.... and I was poking at a zillion different things out of sequence. In one mission (the first), I definitely did a re-do of the INS align. That, coupled with DCC which probably stopped DCS from clearing some cache, caused the problem to permeate through a few flights. I can't reproduce it. Gotta be a user/mod problem.

I'd just never seen the "LOW" symbology before. 

-Ryan

LOW on the HUD should be an indication that you're too low for the fuse to arm before impact (i.e. fusing cue is below FPM).  Could be glitching that if it's showing that whole flight though and I'm not positive that wasn't a BMS rather than DCS note I had on it..

Interestingly, "LOW" popped up again for a JDAM. Cycling through the A-G weapons made it disappear when I got back to the JDAM's.

Could well be an INS-improvement related issue.

-Ryan

8 hours ago, rob10 said:

LOW on the HUD should be an indication that you're too low for the fuse to arm before impact (i.e. fusing cue is below FPM).  Could be glitching that if it's showing that whole flight though and I'm not positive that wasn't a BMS rather than DCS note I had on it..

If you see the OP picture, 22K is high enough for fusing, and the F-16 is really not that great any higher than that, so I'm assuming this is not the case here.

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2024 at 12:19 AM, RafaPolit said:

If you see the OP picture, 22K is high enough for fusing, and the F-16 is really not that great any higher than that, so I'm assuming this is not the case here.

I'm fairly confident that OP is targeting a steerpoint that is probably set to >20k ft, and since his delivery mode is set to PRE, it's calculating the fuze times according to that height, which is why he's seeting the LOW warning. I've tested this myself and the warning disappears when targeting a steerpoint/SPI on the ground.
This is mostly not an issue, but indeed ⋆。°✩ correct as it is ✩°。⋆