just a suggestion about a WW2 map

Hello fellows flyers

I read a lot about the Mariana island and Guadalcanal but i think the map to get on the pacific theater should be the Salomons...

The slots was one of the most contested location in the pacific for at least 2 years. On the North side there is Rabaul (the Gibraltar of the pacific) and to the south Guadalcanal and in the middle, Vella Lavella (home of the VMF 214).

It would suits land bases operations and naval operations on both side and all the planes you could think of that era had been flown there...

59 minutes ago, Husker.fr said:

Hello fellows flyers

I read a lot about the Mariana island and Guadalcanal but i think the map to get on the pacific theater should be the Salomons...

The slots was one of the most contested location in the pacific for at least 2 years. On the North side there is Rabaul (the Gibraltar of the pacific) and to the south Guadalcanal and in the middle, Vella Lavella (home of the VMF 214).

It would suits land bases operations and naval operations on both side and all the planes you could think of that era had been flown there...

You forgot about a notable battle in the Solomons campaign, Guadalcanal. It is one of the Solomon Islands.

Physical Map of the Solomon Islands showing the 6 major islands, relief, New Georgia Sounds, smaller islands, and more.

The real question though is how big should the map be? 

World-Data-Locator-Map-Solomon-Islands.j

1 hour ago, Husker.fr said:

i think the map to get on the pacific theater should be the Salomons...

ED has the Marianas WW2 map half done, only WW2 pacific structures and assets are yet to be finished, so any other map, like WW2 Solomon map, must wait for Marianas WW2 to be released first.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

19 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

ED has the Marianas WW2 map half done, only WW2 pacific structures and assets are yet to be finished, so any other map, like WW2 Solomon map, must wait for Marianas WW2 to be released first.

True, but the Solomons would still be a good map. 

21 hours ago, Husker.fr said:

Hello fellows flyers

ED has working on Marianas WW2, show on "2024 and Beyond" video.

The next WW2 map by ED has unkonow actualy, others 3rd parties as Ugra Media has no talking about your next map (Modern or WW2).

I'm hoping that one of the new "green" maps hinted at by Wags will be a ww2 map but I think that's just wishful thinking. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

On 5/12/2024 at 8:36 PM, Qcumber said:

I'm hoping that one of the new "green" maps hinted at by Wags will be a ww2 map but I think that's just wishful thinking. 

I'm guessing not.

I think the ww2 thing is so separate that it doesn't count and the complaint about sand maps is a jet based thing as we have no warbirds sand maps.

Looks like the one green map will be central Europe cold war.

I'm guessing the second green map will be Balkans. 

I don't think it will be Korea as there is so little Korea war era assets in DCS. 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

20 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

I'm guessing the second green map will be Balkans

That might work for WW2. Especially if it projects south and west to Sicily and Malta. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

4 minutes ago, Qcumber said:

That might work for WW2. Especially if it projects south and west to Sicily and Malta. 

To some degree it could be used for ww2, much like Kola(though no allied bases to take off from) 

I think a Balkan map would include parts of Italy for no other reason that that seems to be were most NATO jets were placed.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.