Black screen for TACCOM / JTAC slot with options.miscellaneous.f11_free_camera false and mission.forcedOptions.externalViews false

Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Since the latest patch 2.9.6.57650 slotting into a JTAC, or TACCOM slot with the external views forced option disabled leads to a black screen and unable to proceed when connecting to server

To Recreate:taccom-black2.miz

* Go to options -> MISC
** Uncheck F11 Free Camera (so that miz/options has `options.miscellaneous.f11_free_camera = false`)

* Open ME
* Create new mission
* Enable some TACCOM/JTAC Slot
* Set enforced options: external views to false 
** Ensures `mission.forcedOptions.externalViews = false` 
* Save file
* Launch Mission as multiplayer (does not work if you do just fly mission)
* Select Coalition 
* Select JTAC / Taccom
* Presented with just a Back Screen

Can't really supply a track, so here's a video reproduction and the miz file attached

This is affecting multiplayer servers like mine that wish to have F11 free camera disabled along with enforced options.

Please find a video reproduction of the above steps here: 

• Like 6

Same issue, players reporting black screen on my servers with external views disabled, and no f11 camera. What's interesting is, that if you go to spectators, you can see all the units anyway

• Like 1

- legitscoper

My specs:

Windows 8.1 Laptop Lenovo Y50 intel core i7 Nvidia GTX 860M, 8gb RAM, 275GB SSD

• ED Team
  • Solution

For those that report they get a black screen in tactical commander - make sure "f11 free camera" is enabled in DCS options. It should help

We are working on a better fix

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal

Thanks for reporting @BIGNEWY

Just to confirm: if a client has it set in their options to enabled, but the server running a miz file has f11 free camera disabled, then users will continue to get black screen.

The current workarounds would be to either enable f11 free camera in the miz file options file, or enable external views on the server side

Both of which are rather undesirable for side locked / pvp servers - but do offer a workaround for those willing to sacrifice those constraints for the time being.

Thanks!
Martin

• 1 month later...