New spawn screen results in crash

I've just experienced this myself. I tried about ten times to get on multiplayer and it keeps freezing on this new screen. I managed to get in the F-16C on Contention and take off but it crashed whilst I was RTB.

I'm giving up after almost four hours of trying to fix this.

I repaired my DCS files and restarted my PC and still no luck. I just tried once more just now before I came here and it crashed straight to desktop.

dcs.log

Edited by British_Dragon_14
  • Like 3

British Dragon - Simulation Based Training 2 - YouTube

Call sign: Albion 1-4| Dragon

AKA British Dragon

I’m experiencing the same issue – my game crashes whenever this screen appears. I've just uninstalled and am now re-installing the game, but it seems like there's a problem with every patch, and this one is particularly severe.null

image.png

Edited by mpaps
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It's really really laggy for me.

Join coalition and then click a drop down --> lag.

20 seconds and the list will appear.

Repeat again with sometimes 1 minute waits, and then the game will eventually crash.

Haven't MP since the update.

Single player = GREAT.

EDIT:  just tried rotorheads.  As long as I don't click a drop down, I can scroll to the slot and I can get in.  Hope this helps with a fix.

Edit 2:
scrolling didn't work.  False hope.

Twice now I've zoomed right in to the map on the coalition screen.  Waited a bit.

THEN gone to the slot selector.  Seems to be more responsive this way.  I think it's loading some map texture or something.  

Edited by MrReynolds
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have a similar problem, once I join a coalition the slot screen appears but locks up, cant scroll down, selections seem to take forever. If I struggle long enough to eventually get a slot and get into the pit everything goes well from there.

It doesn't happen when I join a server that has very few players on the server. Also noting that when a message is sent by a player the screen briefly becomes usable but within seconds locks up again.

I had a similar problem about 2 updates ago.

Edited by Se1ko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have also got this issue, but found that a clean saved games folder cured it. Now trying to copy things back item by item and testing after each change to track down the cause. 

• Thanks 1

What do you do to clean your saved games folder how do you do this.Thanks for any help game is pretty much unplayable now, especially in mp. Freezing stuttering.

Before this update inchecking cpu 8 would totally fix the freezing and stuttering not so much now.

• Thanks 1

Go to c:\users\you\saved games and rename the DCS or DCS.openbeta folder to DCS.old or DCS.openbeta.old.

That way you can revert back by renaming it back.

• Thanks 1

Same issue. Can take up to 3-4 minutes just to pick an aircraft. HUGE 30 second delays between any click or mouse move on the new MP slot selection.
And I've crashed to desktop about 4 times now due to slot changes or just trying to pick a slot on server join.

• Like 2

One more here.

I tried to enter Contention 80 now, and, after choosing the coalition, everything freezes. This is because, the DCS, at this moment, has to load the entire F10 map with all the units that the team has on the map. This is impractical. 🫤

image.jpeg

(At this moment the DCS freezes and I cannot select the slot)

In the GS server, which does not have ground units, I had no problem.

Edited by Nazgûl
  • Like 3

LOMAC, FC, DCS, AV-8B, F/A-18, F-16, AH-64, Super Carrier, Persian Gulf, Syria, Kola.

i7 12700K, 4070 Ti PNY XLR8 OC, 64 RAM DDR4 3200, B660M Aorus Pro, 1T NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade (DCS), 1T NVMe Kingston NV2 (OS), ASUS QHD 31,5" VG32VQ1B, VKB Gladiator Pro (metal gimbal) + Kosmosima grip, CH Pro Throttle, TIR 5.

I wish ED had DELAYED way more this update. All the functions are laggy and respawn results in crash.... black screen... none responsive game... the luncher if it loads dosent play the animation... cant change  the settings.... basicly the left tabs dont work.

WHAT THE ACCTUAL FECK?

the last update was great... now... we are back to DisConnectSimulator..... and Im very dissapionted by it. I understand that inovation comes at a cost but... I cant enjoy my free time with this sim.....

Please ED fix the issues..... the multiplayer servers are "empty".... 

We dont need supper cool features... we need a stable and fast game..... PLEEEEEEEASE either roll back the update or fix fix fix this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

null@Nazgûl just saw you still testing on Contention. I am experienting the same issue. I can relate to your frustration.

image.png

EDIT: scratch the conclusion below. check out the actual temporary fix here:

Although after some initial testing I have found a temporary solution:

You need to disable pretty much every module except the one you want to fly. So keeping 1-2 plane modules and the map the server runs. Join the server, select the faction, click join. It should bring you to the slotting menu. The menu should recover from an initial freeze very quickly - for me the UI becomes responsive within 2 seconds. At this point you can start filtering out the available slots and the slotting menu should stay fine from this point on.

Some more caveats I have noticed in my tests: 
1. if the Supercarrier module is enabled, upon clicking "join" after selecting a faction, all the slots will **appear* to be joinable even if you don't own the module. Although disabling the Supercarrier module did not help with the freeze issue on very large servers with hundreds of slots and ground units.
2. continuing from the point mentioned above, it seems that the freeze issue depends on two factors: if the server does not have hundreds/thousands of static spawn slots, or if the server doesn't have a lot of ground units, it doesn't not freeze the slotting menu at all. 
a good example for the second case is Growling Sidewinder - the server has barely any ground units. the slotting menu runs smoothly.
examples for the first case are plenty - just join any small server. it's pretty much guaranteed to work.
bad examples for the two factors causing the freeze: ECW, Contention, Flashpoint Levant, the Coop. the commonality between these servers is that they run tons of ground units and have hundreds of static slots.
3. judging by the games behaviour, it seems that the freeze is related to the game loading in all the available units from that faction at once - every active unit on the map from planes to ships to ground troops. but this is just a wild guess. I don't have the internal tools to observe the process behaviour to determine what exactly is happening. but the insane RAM usage during the slotting phase made me believe it is the game trying to load in all the units at once. with 64GB of RAM, I'm already using over 52GB of RAM upon joining Contention - before spawning in any vehicle.

Edited by VikingSail
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@VikingSail Hey man...well done 👏 You said everything. I'll try it soon.

• Like 1

LOMAC, FC, DCS, AV-8B, F/A-18, F-16, AH-64, Super Carrier, Persian Gulf, Syria, Kola.

i7 12700K, 4070 Ti PNY XLR8 OC, 64 RAM DDR4 3200, B660M Aorus Pro, 1T NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade (DCS), 1T NVMe Kingston NV2 (OS), ASUS QHD 31,5" VG32VQ1B, VKB Gladiator Pro (metal gimbal) + Kosmosima grip, CH Pro Throttle, TIR 5.

Even disabling all the modules, keep only one I'm going to fly,  didn't work. But, thanks 🤜🤛

Edited by Nazgûl
  • Thanks 1

upon further investigation it seems the SuperCarrier module is the culprit in my case. 

After disabling the SuperCarrier I can leave all the other modules active and the freeze on the slotting menu is minimal.

• Thanks 1

Same issues here 😞

Considering how many people here seem to have similar issues, I'm a bit flabbergasted how this new feature passed ED's stress testing..

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM - Realsimulator FSSB-R3

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I'm trying to join ECW but the select screen hangs. I get the greyed out "program not responding" effect.

I noticed DCS is using up about 35GB of my 64GB of RAM while trying to join ECW.

I have disabled my add on mods but still get a hang in the select role screen. Takes about 10 minutes to register a mouse click.

I noticed after about 20 minutes it loaded in and displayed every single spawn point in the map. This behaviour is just ludicrous.

• Thanks 1

DCS-modules-500x100.png

Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX 2070S, 32GB DDR4 RAM, Win 10 Pro

Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Track IR

I've managed to fly in every time today.

Zoom in to the map on the coalition page.

Click join --> 10-20 second pause.

Select aircraft from the down ( 5x today it was snappy and quick  - just now had a 10 second delay).

Pick from that list and I'm in.

Once in, >70fps.

Yes - works for me and probably not for you, but hopefully it'll help someone!!!

Good luck all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes! I disabled the Super Carrier Module and now I'm in Contention Syria Multiplayer! Thankyou! 🙂

I was going to try disabling Combined Arms if this didn't work.

I just tested it twice quickly and was able to get in both times. Although it freezes for a few seconds, I managed to spawn into an F-16C on three different Airbases on the map.

Let's just hope they Hotfix this ASAP as lot's of people are having this issue and still can't resolve it. It could be a CPU and/ or memory issue as I noticed my CPU 1/0 Core was at 100% in my Afterburner screen overlay.

British Dragon - Simulation Based Training 2 - YouTube

Call sign: Albion 1-4| Dragon

AKA British Dragon

Why ED is silent ???? The multiplayer servers have been empty for 2 days now. The forum is overflowing with posts about it. ED is not interested in why this is happening? Should players themselves be the ones to find the reasons for the bad game? Thank you for your disgusting work.

58 минут назад, ruiner_ сказал:

Disabling super carrier also made it much faster for me. Still very slow, but 10 second delays instead of 5 minutes. 

Friend, thank you so much for your research.

• Like 1