New IGN Review

JimMack

good review

only point id like to add is there is no prob with vista 64 on a new rig, but maybe on an older rig its death? i don't know but no issues from my end yet

any comments?

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick

And if you use Vista, do not buy this game (unless you don't mind leaving some of its potential behind).

Lies, I run this sim on Vista, not a damn problem yet. Even with any graphics, I have the whole thing running on high. No FPS drops, no glitches (apart from the water glitch), nothing. Maybe you'll have problems with your average Vista home owners p.o.s.

At first, I thought the author might have been stressing the "think before you buy" aspect of it, but it' very good that he did. Last thing these forums need is a bunch of threads saying "it's too hard" lol

Great review and I did not expect IGN to give it a go like they did. Did ya notice that most of the screenshots were in game mode? :D

We'll have to point their reviewer or editor to read this thread, because I really haven't found any issues with Vista. On either of my machines (Vista32 lower-end laptop and Vista64 desktop).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Running Vista here no problems except the sound glich no biggie.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Vista 64 on my computer and Vista 32 on my son's computer. Np problems what so ever. Actually, Vista produces better fps.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Good review. But he bashed Vista a little too mush. I think the ram problem is out weighed by the FPS increas in vista.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Fair review indeed. Recently I bought polish gamers magazine "CD-Action" where I found BlackShark one page review. DCS there got score 8+/10. Author gave pluses for:

+ realism

+ huge campaign

+ editor and multi

and minuses:

- audiovisual effects

- poor arcade mode

- using only singlecore

other members of the editorial office said they prefer HAWX :doh:

Edited by Poko24

Wow, that's a pretty good review... from IGN. That's darn surprising. It's a shame that a lot of their pictures were from the "game mode" and I definitely agree about the training missions being lacking. It's unfortunate they took the Vista warning at face value as I hear it's not such a big deal after all.

Good review, but I couldn't let the Vista thing go un-mentioned and posted a comment stating the opposite...

I've run this game on Vista 32 bit, Windows 7 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit with no issues at all. Even in the GOW campaigns.

I hope they update the review and take that non-sense out as I'd hate to see ED lose business over the so called issues with Vista. The author really should have tested it himself before passing judgement.

I gotta tell ya, the #1 and biggest plus of all for me is:

VERSION 1.0 WORKS. I mean, really, when was the last time you could say that about anything on the PC with this much complexity? Sure, there's a bug or two (flickering), a few things missing (no INU drift as planned) but i would say 95% of the planned features are right there, and actually work at good frame rates. Amazing. I give it an extra point just for that. I bought it and actually got to PLAY IT without doing any sort of dance. :joystick:

• Like 1

The reason for that is there was not a publisher looking to make some easy money off of a bunch of quick sales at the end of the fiscal quarter. That's usually why most games get pushed out the door earlier than they should be. The publisher funds the studio and the studio has to abide in order to draw their paycheck.

The reason for that is there was not a publisher looking to make some easy money off of a bunch of quick sales at the end of the fiscal quarter. That's usually why most games get pushed out the door earlier than they should be. The publisher funds the studio and the studio has to abide in order to draw their paycheck.

I concur.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I hope they update the review and take that non-sense out as I'd hate to see ED lose business over the so called issues with Vista. The author really should have tested it himself before passing judgement.

The problem is that ED themselves warned us about vista. As I recall they warn about one of the campaigns and the possibility of running out of memory. If it's not a problem then ED needs to retract/modify their claim (or have they and I haven't noticed?).

It just looks as if the reviewer accepted their warning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Australian Air Force

The problem is that ED themselves warned us about vista. As I recall they warn about one of the campaigns and the possibility of running out of memory. If it's not a problem then ED needs to retract/modify their claim (or have they and I haven't noticed?).

It just looks as if the reviewer accepted their warning.

i think the warning still stands with people using greatly out dated equipment, but over all vista runs great even on a modest PC

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick