What happened to Supercarrier controls menu and views. It is gone .

29 minutes ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

What happened to Supercarrier controls menu and views? It is gone .

Module appears to still work. But how do I get to all these new features such as air boss viw, room views? Etc.. New features.

If you go into 'Settings' and select 'Views' there is a new 'Air Boss' view setting key binding. Using that should put you into the Air Boss area and you can do things from there, quite a few YouTube videos showing how it all works.

All your normal Supercarrier views are in the 'Views' category as well, first three on the list are Supercarrier, then further down you got Landing Signal Officer and Supercarrier view. Some people have had problems with key bindings after the updates so just check they are still all assigned. 

Edited by TKhaos
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

IS there any control over ship heading, that was not in mission editor. Like bringing ship to recovery heading into the wind?

I'm not sure as I don't use that myself, only time I have set the heading was in Mission Editor, on one of the tabs you got a little circle where the waypoint stuff is I think and you can give specific headings. Other than that I'm not sure but hopefully someone will know.

59 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

You have full control over ship heading and speed.

I meant, while underway. Not just in Mission Editor.

I imagine AirBoss would call Conn (bridge) and request heading or course change to bring ship to BRC.

Thank you

5 minutes ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

I meant, while underway.

The video is showing you changing course and speed while underway. I linked it to the exact time where he orders a heading change. And controlling the ships lights, etc

You have to slot in a AirBoss. If not, you will just be able to view from the AirBoss station.

Edited by AdrianL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AdrianL said:

You have to slot in a AirBoss. If not, you will just be able to view from the AirBoss station.

I think this is the part that trips people up.  You can't control the ship if you're in a plane slot, you must be in the AirBoss slot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rob10 said:

I think this is the part that trips people up.  You can't control the ship if you're in a plane slot, you must be in the AirBoss slot.

Is swithing to AirBoss view same as being placed in AirBoss slot. In air boss view? I tried clicking on screens but so far no joy. Perhaps its part of communications.

52 minutes ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Is swithing to AirBoss view same as being placed in AirBoss slot.

No, it's just the view switching. For slot change you use Esc > Select role or select it when the mission starts.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX4070S   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  VPC CDT-VMAX  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

15 hours ago, rob10 said:

Well, IMHO, thats a DCS issue and is laid at feet of ED. What should happen is when Request Landing is made or when Inbound, the ship should respond with "Copy, turning into wind, BRC 'azimuth'' . Or similar. That should be helicopters and for Harrier. Not just for F/A-18C. As a minor point, the air burble should be for all ships with flight deck or rotary pads. In fact burble is more pronounced for LHA and for surface vessels. Its complex interplay of wind, wave, and ship motion. NASA made many studies for Navy , USAF, and Army, for landing VTOL and rotaryies on various types of ships.

4 minutes ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Well, IMHO, thats a DCS issue and is laid at feet of ED. What should happen is when Request Landing is made or when Inbound, the ship should respond with "Copy, turning into wind, BRC 'azimuth'' . Or similar. That should be helicopters and for Harrier. Not just for F/A-18C. As a minor point, the air burble should be for all ships with flight deck or rotary pads. In fact burble is more pronounced for LHA and for surface vessels. Its complex interplay of wind, wave, and ship motion. NASA made many studies for Navy , USAF, and Army, for landing VTOL and rotaryies on various types of ships.

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/252-wish-list/

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX4070S   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  VPC CDT-VMAX  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 7/25/2024 at 5:39 PM, AdrianL said:

23 hours ago, draconus said:

For slot change you use Esc > Select role or select it when the mission starts.

Thank you so much, until now I couldn't figure out how to manage the AirBoss functions and then fly 'my' F-14 in the same mission. Now the Air Boss (Primary Flight) deck makes sense to me too and I can finally use speed, direction and lighting functions during the mission. Thanks again for tips.

• 1 month later...

Dumb question: is there any way to slot into the air boss role to change ship lighting or heading etc, and then get back into your airplane, in the middle of a mission?  I've messed with the controllable options in Prifly at the beginning of a mission, but the other night I had occasion to want to turn the ship as I was on my way back from a mission.  But if I slotted into the air boss station to make these changes, then when I slotted back into "my" plane, it would be back in its starting position, right? 

So is there any way to change any of these options when you find the need to, vs having to anticipate everything before flying?  Thanks..

5 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

But if I slotted into the air boss station to make these changes, then when I slotted back into "my" plane, it would be back in its starting position, right?

Haven't tested yet but the AI should take over your aircraft so when you get back to it, you should start wherever the AI took the aircraft in the meantime. But I also heard the changes made in the SC are back to default when you leave it so the ship will probably sail back to the mission set course. That makes sense.

If you want realistic mission just make or load one.

6 minutes ago, draconus said:

Haven't tested yet but the AI should take over your aircraft so when you get back to it, you should start wherever the AI took the aircraft in the meantime. But I also heard the changes made in the SC are back to default when you leave it so the ship will probably sail back to the mission set course. That makes sense.

If you want realistic mission just make or load one.

Yup, this was a liberation mission that lasted a lot longer than expected so the ship was trucking towards land haha.  But interesting!  I did not know that there was any sort of AI that would keep controlling my plane, thanks for mentioning that.  I just figured the slot would cease to exist, so that's good to know. 

Now if the changes made aren't sticky, that's a different issue but hopefully an easier one to correct!