More WIP

JG14_Smil

Man O Man that Looks freaking awesome, JG14. Cuz that's the first 3 monitor setup that I really like. I always that the KA-50 would look really good with the 3 monitors and you proved that to me. I hope you know your costing me money . Keep up the great sim building, can't wait to fly you.

Showtime817th.

Edited by showtime817th

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you show', thank you too, Deadman.

Trying to get at least one thing done a day. Boy, I miss my CNC mill! I've taken some simple flights and it does have a great feel of looking out a cockpit. Looking around with TIR is almost a distraction and I see I will only be using it for HMS and certain viewing situations. It is a good thing as my TIR FOV is really too small for scanning all over. I wish TIR made a stereo version with two cameras for close in setups.

I've been testing limiting FPS to 30 and it seems like a good thing to do with screens this large. I can't wait to try it with sound and vibes, but it is better for me to wait 'till I get more done.

Wow, some of you people amaze me with the time and effort you have put into making your pits! That looks awesome and will help make it seem more real. I hope I can make mine look 10% of what yours looks like.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Thanks guys,

It has turned out to be a very enjoyable hobby. When I was a kid, I loved reading about dogfights and would devour anything I found on the matter. I remember imagining almost this exact type of cockpit (as a Bf109) with a cirular screen much like actual flight simulators use today. That was over 40 years ago. I liken this here to building a scale model you can actually sit in. It acts as a catalyst for me to learn about many things, most of which I find enjoyable. The most amazing thing to me is I create something that exists only in my minds eye, sometimes literally from nothing.

The Blackshark is perfect for this: I can slap something together, paint it flat black and it looks like the real thing. No two are alike. I am in awe of the others building high-fidelity cockpits that require higher levels of quality.

I am almost ready to plug it in and give it some test flights. I'll let you know more about how the three monitors perform. I will say it is not for everybody.

Thanks again. I am hoping for another pic tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

Holy crap that looks awesome! How much time and money do you think you have invested in it?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

The funny thing is, I do talk to myself when I'm working on my pit and I say bad words to myself too :D

All NORMAL behavior :D

I'm in that club also (of talking to myself at times etc etc)

And the pit is good... no, its great... no, its bloody awesome!

Some of you have waaaaaay too much time on your hands ;)

Just kidding

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

The funny thing is, I do talk to myself when I'm working on my pit and I say bad words to myself too:D.

i guess i'm not alone in this then :)

a moment ago with a light finishing touch i destroyed product of hours of work. wasn't patting myself on the back for that... :doh:

redo...

excellent work there Smil, looking good :thumbup:

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Isn't that the definition of 'insanely detailed'?

Actually, it's an incredible work. :clap: :clap: :clap:

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Thanks again for kind words. If you visit my album, there is a list of todo's I need to do to finish. I think it is under the pic of the PUI-800 panel. I really think it will be a WIP for evermore :)

agrasyuk, I have to keep reminding myself that I am working on a part where it might be the only one in the world. For some of them, if it breaks, that is it as I find it hard to believe I can make another.

My youngest nephew saw the pit for the first time and even landed on a carrier. My sister-in-law could not stop taking videos of him flying it. I was happy to see that there was no issues with the large monitors and eye strain to even someone not used to flying it.

Please note: Photos in post #36 have been updated. UV-26 was not turned on :)

Edited by JG14_Smil

• 3 months later...