New trim & Old trim option - Cant trim either way, help

Quirkitized

One thing you guys might try is editing Config\Producer.cfg and changing ForceFeedbackEnabled to false. For some reason on my system BS thinks I have a force feedback stick even though I don't, and the trimmer would not work properly until I disabled force feedback in Producer.cfg. Just an idea.

Wow, thanks Wombat that made a big difference. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Good find. Seems to have fixed it for me also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Nice work Wombat. I should have remembered that from my install last year. Im a little lost why the FF option is not located in the gameplay options GUI, and also lost why FF is default true.

I also noted last night with the new trim system if I didnt remember to recentre my pedals simaltaneously with my X52 I would lose cyclic control until trim reset. If both devices are recentred after trim input things work fine.

Is there anyway to tell where your rudder is trimmed in the cockpit? Do I just have to look down at the floor pedals? Of is there some other gauge?

Snack

Hey Snack I think you can hit right Ctrl and Enter and a little guage will come up showing stick position, I am not sure if it shows pedal or not, but I think that's it. Viper

• ED Team
Just a heads up before anyone with a modified trimmer watches the track - Remember what said in the readme:

"IMPORTANT! All of the above values (HelicopterTrimmerZoneNnnnn) are recorded for track playback. Any alterations of these values may result in incorrect track playback."

(I have a sneaking suspicion that there are some pilots who will watch that one and find some odd flying) ;)

IMPORTANT! There are a readme MISTAKE!

All trimming values (HelicopterTrimmerZoneNnnnn) are entering in track, so track will be play correctly with any values!

IMPORTANT! There are a readme MISTAKE!

All trimming values (HelicopterTrimmerZoneNnnnn) are entering in track, so track will be play correctly with any values!

:thumbup: good clarification - thank you!

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a question. Would there ever be any harm just telling EVERYONE to disable the force feedback system, just to ensure no problems? Absolutely no one I know has a force feedback stick- we all use either a HOTAS Cougar or Saitek X52/X52 Pro.

arrogant, realism-obsessed Falcon 4 junkie

One thing you guys might try is editing Config\Producer.cfg and changing ForceFeedbackEnabled to false. For some reason on my system BS thinks I have a force feedback stick even though I don't, and the trimmer would not work properly until I disabled force feedback in Producer.cfg. Just an idea.

I had it activated too, and noticed that releasing trim not always waited for me to recenter, like if thresholds were too wide... :joystick:

Maybe 1.0.1 to 1.0.1a changed that file?

Now it is fixed, thanks wombat778! :)

Vista, Suerte y al Toro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]