Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack

• 3 years later...

Programming MFDs in A-10C

I got the MFD pack of two, and plugged them in and they are recognized and work fine in the A-10. My question is, can they be programmed within the sim? I have the iPAD app that shows the MFDs and it has the actual screen portion so I am wanting to use that for the MFDs. I would like to reprogram some of the MFD hardware buttons to do other things.

When I go into the controller options in the sim, the only buttons I can seem to change are the actual MFD buttons already assigned. As an example if I pick say lower cockpit lights and double click on the MFD1 column nothing happens. It is as if you cannot re-program the MFD buttons to anything other than the actual MFD OBS keys. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

John

The MFDs default configuration file does not contain any other functions. To reprogram them for the A-10 will require creating a new lua (config) file with the commands you wish to use.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Do you have any examples of how to start this? I am reading and seeing lots of references on it, but I am wondering if there is a primer some where on how to get started.

Sorry, there seems to be so much out there. Thanks.

John

IMAO TARGET GUI will be a lot easier!

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/

I would agree.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 years later...

http://forums.eagle.ru/images/smilies/pi Four Thrustmaster Cougars MFD's for A-10C

I Have connected 4 MFDs to the DCS A-10C game,,But i am confronted with this issue::

The DCS A-10C Controller setup Recognizes 4 MFDs but not Separetly,,it configures them in clone pairs...

2x MFD 1 AND 2X MFD 2 = 4 MFD's not MFD 1--MFD 2--MFD 3--MFD 4 which was what I wanted to do with them in DCS A-10C..Even thought I wouldn't be able to use four displays I was hoping to configure MFD 3 AND MFD 4 for other keypresses...

NO LUCK..NO JOY..HELP ANYONE???:pilotfly:

Two possibilities come to mind that may be worth looking into. (I have no idea whether either one will solve your problem.)

1. T.A.R.G.E.T. script can recognize dual controllers of the same type, and provide a means to assign different keybinds to them... at least it is possible for dual T16000.M joysticks. I would think it could be done for dual sets of MFDs, but I do not know that for a fact. That may force you to run them all under a single combined virtual controller, in order to accomplish that... I don't know. A couple of examples people have done with dual sticks for other games.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140093

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15215

2. A different approach along the lines of a combined virtual controller... Universal Joystick Remapper http://evilc.com/joomla/articles/9-code/autohotkey/1-ujr-universal-joystick-remapper might get you there. I realize your MFDs are not joysticks, but I suspect UJR would allow you to combine them into a single virtual controller and give you access to everything you want. Once again, I don't know that for certain, though.

Good luck, and let us know how you solved the problem, when you get it licked!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• 1 month later...

Stingray351...did you got two pack of Cougar MFD's to work well or not?

I'm also intrested of this because F18 have 3 of them so I thinked is it worth to buy 2 packet of Cougar MFD's.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

i have 3 and it's working to me. Just define different ID for each in control panel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

Ok..thx info...good to know that youcan have more that one pair of cougar pack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

One thing pop in my mind..can those all (three or four) programmed with TM TARGET or are they working only as DX buttons?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]