Announcing Flaming Cliffs 2.0

Wags

Sorry, this should have been made more clear in the original announcement, but because the SP and MP GUI are separate entities with a different code base (as they were in Black Shark), the Mission Planner will only be available in single-player mode.

This greatly upsets me. The extent of which is nearly too difficult to state in words. It sounds like another "2 steps forward, 1 step back" sort of thing. All these great and needed features are being added, but then something that has existed for so long is being taken away. The tail number and the aircraft skin are the unique identity of a pilot online. So I simply ask this.

Are tail number, flight paths, or even waypoints connected to or controlled by lua or anything that can be changed/modified without physically altering the mission?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not true. They do accept Paypal.

Yup, all you need to do is to click any of the "Buy Now" buttons :)

And for those that do NOT have paypal, when next page opens there is option:

"Don't have a PayPal account?

Use your credit card or bank account (where available)."

I just hope that this time ED will opt for "unified" language distribution, instead of "one distribution for one language". It will simplify both patching and upgrading. Like, if I have Russian edition of LOFC, will I be able to install English download or DVD version over it? If not, will I be allowed to purchase Russian download or DVD version? I have to ask this cos when I go to DCS page and switch to Russian, nothing comes up. Like there is some IP filtering implemented or there is no webshop on DCS site?

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

This greatly upsets me. The extent of which is nearly too difficult to state in words. It sounds like another "2 steps forward, 1 step back" sort of thing. All these great and needed features are being added, but then something that has existed for so long is being taken away. The tail number and the aircraft skin are the unique identity of a pilot online. So I simply ask this.

Are tail number, flight paths, or even waypoints connected to or controlled by lua or anything that can be changed/modified without physically altering the mission?

I'm with Grimes on this one. Many squads give out tail numbers to those cadets that pass their training as a reward and the squad member wears that tail number online with pride and it has a special meaning to that person. Are you ED really going to take that away from us the community?

As Grimes said if this is the case, is their another way of putting your own tail number on the aircraft without having to mess with the mission?

Second that, I was very happy when I saw this mission planner feature, then I see it is not for multiplayer... so what for?

Another problem (my personal view) are tails names and numbers. I can't believe that can't be done! It is only few bytes of chars...

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

It's funny how a little thing like Tail Numbers can make such a big difference to the community. It really is as Route says a very unique feature that's used with pride by squad members. Keeping track of who's who in close flying proximity and gives you the feeling the plane you're flying is yours.

That being said, hopefully MAYBE perhaps this can be addressed? If not I'll be sad to see it go, but really can't stop drooling over SU-25's/25T's and Black Shark's being on the same battlefield with fighter cover ;)

Edited by element1108

Not only squad members... numbers are really important. If I forget to choose #14 - I'll exit and change! How could You imagine 10 Flankers on taxiway, all with #01 number... :doh: (don't know how it would work).

It's true that it's not so important, it's a detail etc., etc. but if it was, implementing shouldn't be big deal.

My vote: changing tail numbers!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes, i agree on the tail numbers change..also leaving server if i ve forgotten to set my number in LOMAC,..whould be great to implement this feature again to DCS modules.

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The DVD version of FC2 will only be for sale here:

http://www.kengray.co.uk/lockonbuy.htm

Just heard about FC2 and thought "Huh! Man I have been out of these forums for a long time" :doh: , next thought was "hope there's a DVD version" so I'm Mucho happy with the above info from Wags... :D:D

One more thing.., If I'm allowed to ask, :huh: .. What type of Copy protection will be used? Limited installs or CD checker like FC?

Thanks for any info.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Just heard about FC2 and thought "Huh! Man I have been out of these forums for a long time" :doh: , next thought was "hope there's a DVD version" so I'm Mucho happy with the above info from Wags... :D:D

One more thing.., If I'm allowed to ask, :huh: .. What type of Copy protection will be used? Limited installs or CD checker like FC?

Thanks for any info.

Same protection as Black Shark.

Nate

My vote: changing tail numbers!

+1

It's a small thing that makes big difference.

We will be able to change tail numbers in single player but do we really need it in SP? Who will see it? My CPU? It will be nice to have it in both SP and MP.

I still hope to see it in FC2. Also I can wait a little longer.

• Like 1

PVAF

"A fighter without a gun... is like an airplane without a wing" dedicated to F-4 Phantom

Also I can wait a little longer.

Haha - I thought about the same Sanch0 - because it's not like Boberro said that is few chars (it's few chars to contain it but not to implement :)). Now we should wait when somebody slap us for such words...

But we both agree that it's only little :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, After watching those promo videos of FC2 http://www.youtube.com/user/eagledcs#p/u/6/8tZfTxTh_6s i noticed there is a lot of stutter or microstutter.

I´d like to know if its caused by fraps or game engine. I remeber that Wags built a uber rig, but in those videos looks like there is a stutter although KA-50 is running smooth for me.

Any explanation? thanks

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

Might be the video editing, for example the sound is a bit delayed too. I wouldn't worry too much, ED said in general it's going to be as fast as LO:FM (with better graphics) and faster than DCS:Ka-50 (due not clickable cockpit)

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Do you have anything to show that the ET is falling short of the range it should be achieving?

I think he's pointing to the fact that the ET (in game) flies 15km less then the ER when firing dead straight without lock. They should have similar range afaik... (Just ballistic range that is)

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

well, if ET have same mass, dimensions and same start speed like ER,is it logical to have same balistic range like ER missile, in FC this is not case...You can try yourself,shoot this two missiles and watch map view...

I mean, i understand why this "feature"is added, to prevent maddoging from longer range BUT, if you fix ET angle of view in FC2.0 like you said,this unvisible airbrake is no more needed...

And if someone from testers team can give me an answer pls, simple yes or no will be good enough...If we have same settings in FC2.0 like on this chafing video,whether this continues to happen?

Edited by Vecko

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Aerial Operations

It isn't quite the same - it is less aerodynamic due to the rounded dome. 15km less sounds approximately correct (it's between 10-15 less on the charts, IIRC).

No news on the chaff issue yet.

well, if ET have same mass, dimensions and same start speed like ER,is it logical to have same balistic range like ER missile, in FC this is not case...You can try yourself,shoot this two missiles and watch map view...

I mean, i understand why this "feature"is added, to prevent maddoging from longer range BUT, if you fix ET angle of view in FC2.0 like you said,this unvisible airbrake is no more needed...

And if someone from testers team can give me an answer pls, simple yes or no will be good enough...If we have same settings in FC2.0 like on this chafing video,whether this continues to happen?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

From about 66km to 53km yes - it is. You don't need to be a mathematician, it is enough to have access to the missile performance charts ;)

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Picture talk more then my bad english...You don't need to be physicist to see that this is not caused by "rounded dome".;)

Missiles was launched at 12:00:00 from same alt and speed,speed loss of ET after buster is gone is outstanding.In fight this 'bug' is shown like almost 50% shorter range of ET in compare to his packman ER brother(or sister ;))...

ScreenShot_008.thumb.jpg.e1eac7ede4353cee4d1b05f72a49414d.jpg

ScreenShot_007.thumb.jpg.cbcc033094cda6d889385cfb2fd82630.jpg

Edited by Vecko

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Aerial Operations