Announcing Flaming Cliffs 2.0

Wags

I'm just stating that increasing price of, what it is called, an add on, to level of twice the price of original game ( i know it is few years now ), will make some "not hard core" players, like myself to think twice before buying it. I know that some people will go for it whatever it cost, but ED suppose to make profit from this release, and addresing it just to few people will not bring them too much benefit.

I'm not saying i wont buy it for 30 bucks, just stating that if it would be 15, i would not think, just get it. Price strategy is an important part of marketing. I'm a customer and i want to get as much as i can for as little as possible, so i condemn people going : just put whatever price on it, even 60 bucks!" For me its simple, if its worth it i pay, if not, though, im happy with 1.12 enough, for now.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just stating that increasing price of, what it is called, an add on, to level of twice the price of original game ( i know it is few years now ), will make some "not hard core" players, like myself to think twice before buying it. I know that some people will go for it whatever it cost, but ED suppose to make profit from this release, and addresing it just to few people will not bring them too much benefit.

I'm not saying i wont buy it for 30 bucks, just stating that if it would be 15, i would not think, just get it. Price strategy is an important part of marketing. I'm a customer and i want to get as much as i can for as little as possible, so i condemn people going : just put whatever price on it, even 60 bucks!" For me its simple, if its worth it i pay, if not, though, im happy with 1.12 enough, for now.

Hey, come on, it's not like they just raise the price randomly and not from 15 to "60 bucks". 30 USD is still way below most other retailers, who sell minor changes as brandnew full-prized games for 60USD. Even with LockOn you still are below 40 USD.

And it's not twice the price of the original game for an addon. That's a bit to trivialized to compare a 10 year old game and demand a full rework for the same price. I don't think this is a fair calculation.

Last but not least, nobody forces you to buy FC2 and accumulate debts for something you don't need. It's still your choice.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Hey, come on, it's not like they just raise the price randomly and not from 15 to "60 bucks". 30 USD is still way below most other retailers, who sell minor changes as brandnew full-prized games for 60USD. Even with LockOn you still are below 40 USD.

You got very good point there. I hate to see titles like FIFA 2009, or ProEvoSoccer 10 wich are nothing else that previous release with just minor changes. I just hope ED wont go this way. With Flight Sims we dont have much choice anyway. Its just a few titles on market. Once and for all, im not that tight to not pay 30 bucks for something i admire to have. I just hope it will be what ED states it will. Then i will happily cough up my money, but firstly i need to know its gonna get me glued to my computer as first FC did.

Greeting to everyone who condemn people with less money to spend (i'm fortunately able to afford any new ED release so far ).

you're expecting a good sim but complaining too much to pay $30 on it.. no comments

That pretty much nails it.

I always wondered about the pricing of sims, considering how much money we spend on hardware to play this very sims (or spend at the bar on a Saturday evening).

I don't have the money to throw it out of the window either, but IMHO it's not simply paying for an addon, but for a more than 10 year lasting support for a great simulation and my part of giving them the motivation to continue that and to do my part to support them to stay in the business.

Well, that's what I think about it.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Oohh Please!!!

:music_whistling:

Come on guy's, dont start the pricediscussion!

I cant believe some of you feel like paying to much for this....

ED/Wags/Oleg Maddox and very few others giving us the best Simulators on our desktop! We as community HAVE to support them in every single way!

:smartass:

Myself, I rather dont buy any shooter like Battlefield Bad Company 2 or some other mainstream stuff and I will be very happy to spend my money for DCS products!

Why do have so many people a hard time to see the potential of those products??? Hey think about the DCS A-10C, its like a dream come true for me, and I played almost every simulator since 1990

( damn thats 20 years!!!:cry:)!!!

SUPPORT OUR BELOVED HOBBY!!! PLEASE!

:pilotfly::joystick::D

McDan out!

• Like 1

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

Very true.

It's not like we simulation-freaks have much to chose from :(

I really dont think the issue is thinking 30 bucks is too much. Enough with the "well I would gladly pay 100$ for it" comments, because they totally miss the actual issue. The issue (at least from my perspective) was that it WAS 15$ and now changed to 30$. Go on as much as you want that the price was "subject to change", truth is, the price of pre-released games is often times the most accurate information regarding a game. When the price is unknown they generally apply the basic pricing point for what is expected. However Day 0 announcement FAQ said it was 15$. Thus the price wasn't unknown. I call shenanigans on it being "Subject to change"

I'll still probably buy it, I just cant figure out why the decision to make it 30$ wasn't made before the announcement when the project was already running over schedule and probably over budget. Btw, 30USD is the going rate of modestly priced expansions. So quit calling this a new game and realize what it is. Its what it should have been to begin with. There is still no excuse for saying it will cost 15$ and deciding later on to make it 30$.

• Like 2

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Yep, also I was angry that ED has increased price just (as we can suspect) before release.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Meh.

Carping about spending a few ££ on something that will most likely keep you entertained for years to come is pointless and counterproductive.

Basically, and I don’t want to sound condescending here, it is a buyer’s market, so, if you don’t want to buy the product at the price offered, then don’t.

ED will soon know whether their small price hike has had a detrimental effect on sales pretty quickly.

IMO $30 is a tiny price to pay for this sim as I have come back to LOMAC again and again over the years since its release. There are no other games so old on my HD. Period. To me, that speaks volumes as I have spent £100’s over the years on games that have gone on eBay within a week, (and I am looking at Silent Hunter V speculatively right now).

The consensus on these forums is overwhelmingly positive but money talks. We will see when FC2.0 is launched. Personally, I will not hesitate. As McDaniel pointed out, how many other sims are imminent? Count them.

How many fingers are you holding up?:harhar:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

well I used to laugh at all the guys and girls spending £10 / month on world of warcraft etc... sometimes thats the price of Broadand in the UK......

and then came along Iracing...... and I was one of the guys making a monthly subscription!

The thing is if you like something that much.. and after spending a fortune on hardware again and again.....

Im not `happy` perse ... but I understand the fact that theyve done what they need to do for them to make a profit.

This has good to be good in the longrun and will enable them to make more products in the future.

These guys have got to be proud of what theyve achieved... and am sure are itching to fix bugs and incorporate every little feature we would like - Im just glad they still keep going.

My 2 cents.

Ill be buying - just like all the other Lockon related stuff..... (and usually a good Car simulator :) )

I will point to this thread as my wife throws my computer out the 2nd story window when I click on buy :doh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I will point to this thread as my wife throws my computer out the 2nd story window when I click on buy :doh:

My one said: "30, i thought you said 15?" Can i ask ED directors to provide their e-mail for my wife, so she can ask them for reasons? Trust me, she wont put up with "amount of time spent on developement" :megalol:

Edited by czarnyolek

An early .pdf manual release as a sort of free pr / advance marketing / teaser offering?.......

...now that’s interesting, and it would give us guys in the queue something constructive to actually do whilst we wait instead of jostling each other. [And keep us quiet for a couple of days].

I’ll bet ED are thinking, “oh god, if we give them the manual early, they will start all the…….

Dear Mr & Mrs Eagle Dynamics

It’s outrageous that [insert allegedly must-have feature here] hasn’t been included in FC2.0. I intend to promptly blow myself and my cat up.

Yours

Outraged

Middle England

emails. Maybe if they released the manual with STFU clause?:book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

An early .pdf manual release as a sort of free pr / advance marketing / teaser offering?.......

...now that’s interesting, and it would give us guys in the queue something constructive to actually do whilst we wait instead of jostling each other. [And keep us quiet for a couple of days].

I’ll bet ED are thinking, “oh god, if we give them the manual early, they will start all the…….

Dear Mr & Mrs Eagle Dynamics

It’s outrageous that [insert allegedly must-have feature here] hasn’t been included in FC2.0. I intend to promptly blow myself and my cat up.

Yours

Outraged

Middle England

emails. Maybe if they released the manual with STFU clause?:book:

Right on the mark.

...and a bit funny to ask for a pre-release manual and in the same thread ED is flamed for not sticking 100% to the information released earlier. :music_whistling:

Can we have the manual earlier? ^^

Just to kill time while we count second after second

Like in Black Sharak - manual has been made avilable before release :)

Keep in mind that the $30 is not equal in all contries. The $30 is quite cheap for people for example from UK... but there are contries where $15 and $30 makes differences.

PVAF

"A fighter without a gun... is like an airplane without a wing" dedicated to F-4 Phantom

From 2 months to 9 months. Why i´m not afraid? because i know this since a lot.

Always the same, since first LOMAC :(

Anyway, 30 dolars for lock on planes in DCS? i´ll wait for the DCS module i want then.

Greetings