Air Refueling

Will they ever add real air refueling like in Falcon 4 where you have to fly steady or lose connection.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Multiplayer refueling like that would be a serious issue in handling network latency, since a sudden lagspike (or even a more minor latency problem) might make it impossible for some.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Multiplayer refueling like that would be a serious issue in handling network latency, since a sudden lagspike (or even a more minor latency problem) might make it impossible for some.

Mmmm, strange that ED can't make it work. It works perfectly in F4AF, so it's not impossible to do. I really had hoped that this got fixed.:(

I thought the problem was only that the baskets couldn't be seen by the clients.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Yeah, I'm saying "for some" though. The issue would be that it could potentially become a serious disadvantage for some people that have higher latencies.

I don't know if that is the reason though. Hopefully it'll make it in at some point. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

on top of that : Looking at VFAT : how come on-line formation-flying is no problem, but in flight refueling is a no-go ?

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Because it sometimes is a problem. Seen how some of them jiggle around sometimes? That's not the pilot being in possession of a device that allows their aircraft to perform quantum tunneling. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Because they never designed in any online air to air refuelling. It just happens to work, albeit imperfectly - you can't see the baskets until you are right on top of them apparently.

The Devs did look at the problem in the early days, I can recall the discussions on the Forums, but it was not possible for them to fix it in a patch. But since they had never advertised online refuelling as a feature anyway..........

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

They did in FC, unfortunately not in multiplayer...

Multiplayer refueling works fine as it is now... with only some "minor" bugs... it is however dependent on latency when refueling in the F15, due to its autopilot being engaged during the process which could go crazy sometimes... but in Su-33 it works perfectly, you just have to know how to do it! The baskets WILL appear if you get in the right position for them to do so! And from there its just like SP...

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

As far as I recall, on the Su-33 you have to connect once to a basket even if you can't see it (keep the small circle on the HUD, inside the big one).

Once you've connected you can see it, or even all of them if I remember correctly.

It doesn't matter if you disconnect, you can still see them.

God forgives... Spyros doesn't.

As far as I recall, on the Su-33 you have to connect once to a basket even if you can't see it (keep the small circle on the HUD, inside the big one).

Once you've connected you can see it, or even all of them if I remember correctly.

It doesn't matter if you disconnect, you can still see them.

Exactly, only that you dont have to be perfectly connected... as long as you get within a couple of meters, the basket will appear...

So, IMO the Su-33 MP mid-air refueling is fully functional, just have to know how to work it...

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Probably because the AI in multiplayer cant tell exactly when a client is set to refueling mode... or in other words the AI doesnt know u are even there, so he just flies straight... until u are in position... that data just isnt being set over MP code i guess...

But it still works so... i dont find that such a problem... F15 works too, but its alittle more buggy because of the stupid autopilot acting up in MP

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Probably because the AI in multiplayer cant tell exactly when a client is set to refueling mode... or in other words the AI doesnt know u are even there, so he just flies straight... until u are in position... that data just isnt being set over MP code i guess...

But it still works so... i dont find that such a problem... F15 works too, but its alittle more buggy because of the stupid autopilot acting up in MP

Refueling in MP works fine, and i think Shaman once made a video of you, me and him during a refueling exercise with subtitels explaining the procedure (can't find it though) :joystick:

• Like 1