to Tomcatz

john_X

ok thanks resolved the thing. very useful your help but now i want to do something new... i can't find the argument of the following situation: i want that the gear compresion, better said suspension, be viewable when the gear touches the runway. a very good example is at the original lockon f/a-18 hornet that has a very different gear position when it's extended in the air and a compresed position when it's landed. thank you very much again and if you help me with this last question i'm sure you'll apreciate the result

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For gear suspension, there are 3 arguments:

1 = front gear suspension

4 = right gear suspension

6 = left gear suspension

The way to animate is:

0 = no suspension

50 = suspension at parking

100 = Max suspension

I would believe the F-18 in lockon also was animated like this, you can see how they did it on that aircraft in lockon model viewer.

thank you again OldCrow. the problem is that when i do this animation for the 1st argument i have a part of the gear that it's animated in the arg 0 too being linked by another object. so when i animate it in the argument 1 the movement can be seen partially in the argument 0 too. do you know what's wrong?

Hmm, so if I get this right, when you have animated in argument 1, you can also see this animation in argument 0?

There can be two reasons fro this:

1. The animation slider in argument 1 is not set to 0

2. The animation is not done in its argument, and thus can be seen in all other arguments (though not in game). To check this, pick an argument (in lower left) you havent animated in, lets say 100. Then move the animation slider. If you see any of the parts move, then you will have to redo the animation for that part.

If 1 is the case, dont worry, it is normal. The game will interperate it correctly

And remember when animating in arguments, make sure the argument you are animating in is active. you can do this by dubble clicking on the argument in the animation panel. Also if you want to animate a part that already has an argument animation, simply click add on the animation panel to add another argument.

How's the model building going this week?

Has it been skinned yet?

Any news on a release date?

I realize that the last parts are hard to finish.

The devil is in the detail so they say!

I'm sure you wont releases it before it is ready, I'm just sick of seeing the low res model along side the High res planes like Sim Mod A-10 and Gys F-15C.

Good Luck.

Jib

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

i have some problems with the animations at the moment. i dont know how long it takes to finish them but the gear is the only animation left. after that its the skining i still have to work at. the model will not have a damage model at its first stage of release. the full mod(including the damage) will not be released in less than 1 year

i have a big problem with the animations. i made two animations until this stage and i got the idea but now when i try to make others, doing the same things i did before, the new animations can be seen in all the other arguments even if a specified arg is selected. i dont know what to do anymore

Edited by john_X

Ok I see

If you want to add an argument animation to a part that already has an animation argument from before, you don't have to click on the small button with the question mark anymore. The only reason to click on this button is to tell the program that this part should use arg based animations, and is only done the first time you add an argument animation to a part. So here's what you do when you already have an argument animation, but want to add another:

On the right side, you have your argument panel, or what you want to call it, it shows what arguments you have already added for this part. To add another argument, press the add button. Then you will get 2 arguments in this panel. To animate in your newly added argument, dubble click it on the argument panel, so that it gets a small arrow to the right of it. Then you can animate it.

So, remember always to dubble click the argument in the argument panel before animating so that it gets this little arrow in front of it. Otherwise the animation wont be saved in the argument, and thus will be viewable in all arguments + not work in lockon.

Also keep in mind that rotation animations and position animations are separate. So even if you have added an argument based rotation animation to a part, it wont work for a position animation. So these must be animated and treated separately.

Edited by OldCrow

no, its not this situation. you have here a screenshot with the object selected.its a part of the suspension of the nose gear. the thing is, this object is already linked to an animation in argument 0, the extension/retracting of the gear. now, when i want to make another animation for the argument 1, look how the panel on the right looks for this object. whats to be done next?

Alright, I see. Ok, so the part you have selected here would need a rotation animation for the gear dampening I suppose. So first thing you do after this picture is to select the rotation button on the right (right next to the possition button which is active in this picture).

After this, expand the "assign controller" tab, select rotation, and check if its argument based (like if you get that panel on the lower right). If not, click on the small button with the question mark in it and select arg based rotation. After this, you select argument etc.

One thing to remember is that Rotation animations and Possition animations are two different things for lockon. THey are handeled separately. So even if you have assigned the rotation to arg based on an object, the possition animation wont change to arg based.

this is totally new.the only parts i keep from tomcatz is the afterburner and the interior of the cockpit with the pilot. after i release the mod the 3d model will be available if anyone wants to buy it to use it in other games.

Edited by john_X

• 4 weeks later...

No - Sorry. I didn`t could see anything that be moded by myself. So we can ask Mitch` Jansen. F-16 model looks very good. The cockpit looks like out of Falcon4.0 but I`m not pretty sure.

Best wishes,

TOM

PS: Like that musik well :)

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

We should absolutely have a multi-role NATO fighter in the game.. That's the only thing missing.I really don't care how it's looks like externally.. F-15E,F-16,F-18 , F-22 (by the way story year is around 2013 why shouldn't we get the raptor?) we need an mfd AND a aa radar in the "same" cockpit..

It's no Mod. It is another Game. Falcon 4.0

Its not Falcon!. Look at the trees in the valleys, heat blur from engines, and taxi lights. Definitely Lock On or FC.

Of course any F-16 cockpit from any sim that is made true to life will look like Falcon 4.0 and vice-versa.

We should absolutely have a multi-role NATO fighter in the game.. That's the only thing missing.I really don't care how it's looks like externally.. F-15E,F-16,F-18 , F-22 (by the way story year is around 2013 why shouldn't we get the raptor?) we need an mfd AND a aa radar in the "same" cockpit..

x2! AND a russian multi-role too, although finding one-seater would be difficult I think.