Battlefield Bad Company 2

diveplane

Patch released. :thumbup:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patch notes?

Single Player -

Fixed: Graphical issues on some systems on SP_03 (at start and when displaying background mountains at “Up river”)

Fixed: Character voice issue during cut scenes in SP_03b (only affected Spanish)

Fixed: Hang when killed using TOW Launchers in SP_05

Fixed: Graphical issue on some systems on SP_05 (displaying background mountains)

Fixed: Voice volume in cut scenes on SP_06

Fixed: Unexpected dialog at start of SP_08 (only affected Italian)

Fixed: Random crash in SP_09 cut scenes

Changed: If user selects the F2000 and F2000-R he will not be able to select the XM8 as secondary weapon

Multi Player -

Fixed: Server Browser - Joining a password protected server results in a connection timeout

Fixed: Server Browser auto updating server list when reopened causing a timeout issue

Fixed: Server Browser showing “all servers” when re-entering browser on the History or Favorites tab.

Fixed: Password issue during Friend invites

Fixed: Password text field issue on joining a password protected server

Fixed: “Flickering” ship on Arica Harbor

Fixed: Clan tags that use numbers in them displaying a “0” on the Select Spawn Point screen

Fixed: Display issue on long server names

Fixed: Mortar Strike icon not updating (Beta issue)

Fixed: No “Exit Game” menu option appearing at the end of some rounds.

Fixed: Flickering user rank icon (appeared as an animated gif) when user reaches rank 10.

Fixed: Flickering trees and “Red Box” on Laguna Presa

Fixed: User is logged out when failing to create a new soldier

Fixed: Zeus stationary weapon not appearing in stats

Fixed: Zu23 not appearing in stats

Fixed: BMD3 AA not appearing in stats

Fixed: Friend request displaying incorrect Veteran stats

Fixed: End of Round screen displayed incorrect “UAV_Station” – now displays correct localized text.

Fixed: K/D ratio displays in the Front End

Fixed: K/D ratio displays correctly when “comparing”

Change: Server browser now defaults to list via Ping first

Change: News Ticker font support for Spanish, Polish, Russian and Japanese

Change: New message for server full (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)

Change: New message displayed for attempting to join a password protected server without providing a password (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)

Change: Displays version number on Front End Legal Screen

Change: Display of weapon icon during loading screen

After testing it a few rounds:

Login and connection to a server works a lot faster and reliable.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Its a great game I have been playing it for the last two weeks and its very very addictive. The best thing about the game are the weapons and the destruction detail. 90% of everything you see in the game you can destroy!

Intel i7-930 @ 4.1GHz, EVGA X58 Classified TRI-SLI, RAM Corsair 6.0GB 1333Mhz, Nvidia GTX 580, GTX 280 Physx, Corsair 850 HX, Corsair H50, Corsair 800D Case. 2x500GB Segate, 1x1000GB Segate. Saitek X52, Track IR4.

I relented and got it on xbox360

It's a very pretty game, single player is a tad boring

Multiplayer would be way more fun if everyone wasn't a medic with a magic machine gun that deals death whenever you within 500km of it, or the recon class with it's big long gun, amazing magic pistols and those friggen mortars

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

Tbh, sounds like you need more practice.

The medic LMG isn't a deathmachine. In fact, it is extremely worthless at long and short ranges - but very good for medium-range support. Assault rifles are (surprise) the thing for close-in fire, or the shotguns of course. Sniper weapons aren't win-buttons either - the sniper has to calculate the bullet drop and all those variables, and you could just make sure you are not visible over from several kilometres away. ;)

What I find annoying is people that don't realize what their class is supposed to do - like medics that don't give out health boxes or resuscitate you when you are right next to them pleading for aid (thanks for wasting the team's ticket etc), or assaults that don't give ammo boxes to their one Engineer while pinned by a tank (that's just plain stupid). So imo the problems are mainly users not being able to realize that they are not playing Quake - they're playing a co-operative combat game.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I unrespectively disagree and pick a bar fight with you... i win, we shake hands and you buy me so much beer that i fall in love with you and we get married in vegas.

The LMG seems to make mincemeat out of anyone at medium-long, medium and short range... plus there seems to be some magnum ammo thing as well.

The assault rifles should be medium range and short range (yanno, like 600m downwards) and they're effective enough in my opinion, they just seem to be dominated by wads of medics with big, blathering MG's.

I agree about people not know the roles or teamworking; i joined a squad and had like 2 kills, but i had heaps of points because i kept resupplying my squad members.

I also agree about it being a coop combat game (like all the BF's), but they've seem to have made the medic class a somewhat effective run and gun class a la modern warfare 2 etc, and left the other classes as they should be.

I do need more practice, not so much on skills but to learn the maps so i know the firing fields, lines etc.

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

Are you playing hardcore mode? I hate the standard mode. I emptied a clip from my AK-47 at point blank range only for him to live and kill me. Even the pistol should kill someone adfter a few shots.

I unrespectively disagree and pick a bar fight with you... i win, we shake hands and you buy me so much beer that i fall in love with you and we get married in vegas.

The LMG seems to make mincemeat out of anyone at medium-long, medium and short range... plus there seems to be some magnum ammo thing as well.

The assault rifles should be medium range and short range (yanno, like 600m downwards) and they're effective enough in my opinion, they just seem to be dominated by wads of medics with big, blathering MG's.

I agree about people not know the roles or teamworking; i joined a squad and had like 2 kills, but i had heaps of points because i kept resupplying my squad members.

I also agree about it being a coop combat game (like all the BF's), but they've seem to have made the medic class a somewhat effective run and gun class a la modern warfare 2 etc, and left the other classes as they should be.

I do need more practice, not so much on skills but to learn the maps so i know the firing fields, lines etc.

I'm still on the fence about the medic. It's definately a very effective infantry slayer, which seems wrong but it's a good way of getting people to actually play the medic. However, the M60 can quite easily be used to snipe and I think that has to go. I can live with the damage being higher than any other gun as well as the magazine size, as long as it's accuracy is somewhat reduced. In any case though, I think the medic spam will die down as people start to max the class out. It's just the fastest class to rank hop with, so of course everyone's using it early on.

Yeah, one thing where I will agree is that there are some extremes that need something done about - personally I think the problem would be non-existant if it wasn't possible to placea 4x scope on absolutely anything. (Though I love my 4x-scoped M60, perfect for keeping a street clear while my guys cross, and it is *shocker* actually possible to have it make a Recon pack up his scope and reposition. :P )

Though on short range I really cannot understand the complaints about the medic LMG's. First of all, the weapon itself does suck - it is completely spray and pray if you run into a moving target at knife-fight range. And besides: both engineer and assault have an easy insta-kill weapon for those ranges. Although we should not forget that both are also effective at taking out people behind walls at long range, too - I don't care about the mortar rounds a Recon sends my way (just run away) but the sniping 4cm nades coming from the next county are a bigger annoyance, especially when there's an infinite supply of them. :P

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Well yeah, not "useless". The M60 is very nice for balancing hitting power with close/medium capability - but it is still largely spray-and-pray at close range (and suffers compared to the M249 and assault rifles due to lower fire rate in that arena) where you basically have to make yourself stationary to be able to use if effectively.

...and if you go stationary in front of an Assault (Assault Rifle/Grenade launcher), Engineer (SMG and RPG) or a sniper (need I say?) you are simply dead - unless they make a failure on thier part, which of course does happen. (I've survived many times where I simply should not simply through the opponent not being good enough with his aim, but that's the same for everyone and especially me when I have to pick up Recon kit because the assault dude next to me doesn't think that MAYBE I'd like som ammo. And I suck at sniper rifles. :P )

EDIT:

That said, I wish I had written down the name of the Recon that swapped kit with me (I was medic) when I got nailed so he could resuscitate me. It was unfortunate that I ended up having to try to handle the sniper rifle, but we kept going like that, switching kit when necessary, for ages and we actually were able to die somewhere around 10 times between each other without costing a ticket. Our team was actully down on control points (Conquest) most of the match, but we still won. :D

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

This game was fun for about a week, then it just drags into being a chaotic camp fest with spawn raping snipers, rpg launching teams and just plain run around shooting everything that moves game. The no need for any talent, skill, or any real tactics is a huge turn off for me.

It would be if I had more time for it, but FC2 and Napoleon got released. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Is it still fun?

Wait until next week so the next patch will be released. Currently lots of annoying things including M60 spam of medics, 40MM GL spam of assaults, Carl Gustav spam of Engineers and some server lagging problems.

The one thing at this point that is keeping me from trying this game is the idea of classes. This is the same thing that keeps me from playing Team Fortress 2. I prefer the way "classes" work in MW -- not really classes, just a weapon load-out and a set of perks.

Classes work well in a purely co-op game against the computer (like WoW), but I'm not a fan of it in any sort of PvP setting. I'm fond of lone-wolfing, and I pretty much won't play any game that doesn't allow this. If the game has in-game match-making, especially with some sort of ELO ranking, I'm usually already sold.

The problem I have is that you're usually gimped into losing if no one wants to play a certain class OR if the people playing the class aren't playing it correctly. If the medic doesn't plop down health packs when you are clearly injured (but will heal themselves), or if the stupid engineer won't set up auto turrets to actually defend, its pretty much a total waste of time. I prefer it when everyone's job is the same; shooting guns at stuff. So, I suppose if classes were all like soldier, heavy weapons, snipers, assassins, that would be cool. As soon as you throw in a medic, I'm not interested. If there's medics, they need to have ZERO offensive capability or have no way of healing themselves. Otherwise, they are game-breaking.

Feel free to correct my misconceptions about how this game works.

Edited by RedTiger

My approach, you either like it or you don't. An educated guess (demo) is usually the best approach to this, but it's tough to talk someone into a game or genre they already think they don't like.

My personal attention span with fps games like these are short. I don have enough time to play games as is and if I do, I want to be flying and maybe blowing stuff up ;).

• 3 weeks later...
Just got around to buying it and its alot of fun, wish they would tweak the "hardcore" mode a bit though, I still think you can take a bit too much of a beating.

Wait?

What?

It's like 2 shots with the least powerful weapon to kill...?

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5