Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Cessna 172.

Why? Because it´s very ease to develop, so they have time to do a new graphic engine (it´s incredible they still use the old engine with fixes) and the more important thing, improve the net code so we can fly at least 10-15 persons

A new weather engine, will be cool too :P

Greetings

A Cessna 172.

Why? Because itґs very ease to develop, so they have time to do a new graphic engine (itґs incredible they still use the old engine with fixes) and the more important thing, improve the net code so we can fly at least 10-15 persons

Greetings

+1 :thumbup:

My TM Warthog DIY extension tutorial

C2Duo E8600 @ 4.4Ghz. | Asus Rampage Formula X48 | MSI GTX 560Ti OC |

8Gb.Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 1103Mhz. | Crucial M4 128Gb. SSD | 850W. PSU |

HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pedals | TIR 5 | Helios | 24" Monitor/22" Touchscreen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ROE in most past engagements dictated visual IFF prior to hostilities.

When? vietnam?

AFAIK all recent major conflicts saw missiles been fired beyond visual range. There are several procedures to identify hostiles without coming straight into their sights.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

A Cessna 172.

Why? Because it´s very ease to develop, so they have time to do a new graphic engine (it´s incredible they still use the old engine with fixes) and the more important thing, improve the net code so we can fly at least 10-15 persons

Greetings

Oooh, the only plane I have ever used the controls in. :pilotfly:

I have been online with more than 10-15 people in a single mission. But new engines are always better I guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Hardly applies? :huh:

In hypothetical full-scale deployment operations with over crowded skies, visual IFF is the only way ... even if you have positively intentified enemy, you don't want hasky or maddog poles home to friendly units. :)

DCS F16C 52+ w JHMCS ! DCS AH64D Longbow !

A Cessna 172.

Greetings

Digital combat simulation; no room for a 172 ;). Besides no one will buy it and therefore no funds will be made available to build this very expensive brand new engine and weather generator you ask for.

Time isn't nearly important as money. Money wins.

When? vietnam?

AFAIK all recent major conflicts saw missiles been fired beyond visual range. There are several procedures to identify hostiles without coming straight into their sights.

It still tends to be the exception rather than the rule AFAIK. Mostly due to fear of blue-on-blue (or blue-on-uhhh..civilians) situations.

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It has indeed been the exception for just about anything other than an F-15 in most cases ;)

It still tends to be the exception rather than the rule AFAIK. Mostly due to fear of blue-on-blue (or blue-on-uhhh..civilians) situations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

MiG-29A. It would be nice if the light frontline fighter gets a chance to hunt the strikers and helicopters A10C and K50. In the end, it will be enough modern digitized aircraft, but aircraft of this type and we deserve a chance too.

It has indeed been the exception for just about anything other than an F-15 in most cases ;)

Some of the BVR kills were made at night using F-16's. Additionally since then you can visually ID your targets using optical devices at BVR distances. ;)

My PC specs below:

In hypothetical full-scale deployment operations with over crowded skies, visual IFF is the only way ... even if you have positively intentified enemy, you don't want hasky or maddog poles home to friendly units. :)

You usually cant maddog unless you are already well inside visual range anyway. Crowded skies like any other condition changes. Assuming it will ALWAYS be crowded is wishful thinking.

My PC specs below:

Personally, the Apache Longbow would be a great addition since the BS is out and would balance a helo to helo war game. The shots from the video about the A-10 look fantastic as well as the F-15. I believe it would take less time to put these into production and to start a new project almost from the ground up with a new type of aircraft. Again, thats my thought on this subject. Glad to see and be able to play the A-10C now... thanks guys for all the great work and support.

Im sure when Black Shark was in development DCS said they would do the Apache and the A10 in addition to the KA50. Whats changed now? The Apache wouldve been my primary choice out of anything anyway.

I was/am especially looking forward to the prospect of getting one of my friends to sit in the front or back seat and playing true coop.

i7 930@ 3.8GHz, Corsair H50-1, Asus P6X58D-E, 6gb Patriot Ram, ATI 5850 1 Gb, Antec 300, F3 1GB HDD, Corsair 24" Dell 2408WFP.

Saitek X52 Pro+Rudder, TrackIR4

F-15E Strike Eagle, please!

Love those Mud Movers...

Intel i7 930 @2.8 GHz;16 GB DDR3 RAM;ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 4GB;Windows 10;TrackIR 5;27" 1920X1080 single LG display;Saitek Pro Flight pedals;Thrustbuster Wartass HOTDOG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

04B, 98G, 96C, 96B, 11B, drill sergeant, linguist

Callsign "Chug"

My outlook

I have been thinking about this for a long long time. I was hoping for an american fighter or A-10 and you guys got it. I am absolutely in love with this A-10.

I feel like I have gotten an insiders view into why so many pilots love the A-10. It is so amazing to fly.

However, if you guys want to completely take over the SIM flight worlds and put the final nail in and grab about 20-50thousand new customers you need to do the F-16.

There are alot of fans of the F-16, me included that have been waiting for a real sim for years. The best that has been done is free falcon and that as you know is based off of the Falcon 4.0 series.

Go take a look at how huge that community is and I also bet you have some F4.0 fans speak up in response to this post, if they haven't already spoken many many times in this thread.

I know this is a russian based sim but I am tellin ya, I know everyone would get a big huge kick out of it if you guys released an F-16 version for DCS.

It would really make alot of peoples day, err should I say make up for the last 5-10 birthdays they have had all into one.

It's not that I think ''well the F-16 should come before anything those guys want'' it's just because we have been waiting for so many, and I mean MANY years for someone to rescue the effort.

I would bet you if you did the same thing with the F-16 beta you would have some of the best sim pilots in the world RUNNING to your aid. Im betting the entire 4.0 community would jump on board and you would even bring retired 4.0 pilots back.

There is only so many mods you can do to make it new again and these poor guys wont give up, so, think of the type of people these guys are to work with, flat awesome.

Anyways, I am just short of begging please, please rescue my F-16. It's still sitting in a hanger and it needs a new home. :cry: :pilotfly::helpsmilie:

You usually cant maddog unless you are already well inside visual range anyway. Crowded skies like any other condition changes. Assuming it will ALWAYS be crowded is wishful thinking.

:)

Hi Pilotasso, wishful thinking ? I believe at the starting, most critical stages of a conflict, skies are indeed over crowded and SA is hard to maintain. I would hesitate to fire in BVR with multiple mixed ID targets on radar, and a good chance to loose lock during HPRF pole trip time, rendering the pole a husky or mad dog on first target it will face.

BVR optics instruments like sniper pod can indeed provide BVR visual IFF, but RL is crueler than sims on weather conditions at 30~40 miles away, fog, etc. Then again instrumentation like this is not a standard configuration on every A/C that can be armed with it.

:v:

Edited by sungsam

A lot of things and suggestions have been made over the next DCS project but...

I was yesterday in Florennes (Belgian Air base), the home of the 2d Wing equipped with F-16 MLU.

After this visit, I want only one plane : the F-16 MLU. The belgian F-16 is fully multirole !!!

All mission is possible : ground attack, air defense, interception, etc...

We have a small country, a small army and indead a small Air Force (60 F-16) but we have a very good experience on this airplane.

The belgian F-16 is one oh the most complete aircraft into the NATO Air Force.

Equipped with on of the last designation target pod (Sniper) and plenty of weapons system (BLU, JDAM, AMRAAM, Sidewinder,etc...) for ground and air attack. This plane was used during the ex-yougoslavia war and we have also now 6 F-16 MLU in Afghanistan.

For ED it will be also a good financial deal because Falcon become to be really old and this project could increase the DCS community !

I was yesterday in Florennes (Belgian Air base), the home of the 2d Wing equipped with F-16 MLU.

After this visit, I want only one plane : the F-16 MLU. The belgian F-16 is fully multirole !!!

We have a small country, a small army and indead a small Air Force (60 F-16) but we have a very good experience on this airplane.

Equipped with on of the last designation target pod (Sniper) and plenty of weapons system (BLU, JDAM, AMRAAM, Sidewinder,etc...) for ground and air attack. This plane was used during the ex-yougoslavia war and we have also now 6 F-16 MLU in Afghanistan.

For ED it will be also a good financial deal because Falcon become to be really old and this project could increase the DCS community !

Slightly offtopic but i saw the Belgian F-16 demo for the first time this year at RAF Waddington, man that guy can fly!!! one of the best displays iv ever seen, very impressive. I would love the F-16 in DCS although i still hold out hope for a British jet first.... Harrier!!! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Hi, agree with your respective of next DCS module ! I also have in mind about your modern F16 Fleet. Modern war dictates quality not numbers. Comparing to the size of Belgium you have a huge fleet of F-16. Please accept a question of mine, does 2d Wing also uses IRIS-T w JHMCS as we also do and what is the block number of F16?

I'll apreciate your answer. My Rgds:thumbup:

Edited by sungsam

Hi, agree with your respective of next DCS module ! I also have in mind about your modern F16 Fleet. Modern war dictates quality not numbers. Comparing to the size of Belgium you have a huge fleet of F-16. Please accept a question of mine, does 2d Wing also uses IRIS-T w JHMCS as we also do and what is the block number of F16?

I'll apreciate your answer. My Rgds:thumbup:

I am not a F-16 pilot but as y know :

Yes for the JHMCS (very useful in Afghanistan)!

No for the IRIS-T (Air-to-Air Msl)

I am not sure for the block but I think Block 10 and 15

Edited by Razorback