- F-15C/D Eagle

- F-15E Strike Eagle

- F-16C/D Fighting Falcon Block 25

- F-16C/D Fighting Falcon Block 30/32

- F-16CG/DG Fighting Falcon Block 40/42

- F-16C/D Fighting Falcon Block 50/52

- F-111F Aardvark

- F-117A Nighthawk

If they could simulate each aircraft to the FC3 level (semi-study), then that'd be greeeeaaaat...

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no offense taken at all brother how is this? joystick.gif

OMG I just read, it is VIPER, not a Falcon?

Looks great! :thumbup: Viper is a common term, but an unofficial one, as mentioned above, it doesn't really matter which name you use. If I were making something official looking like you just have, I'd use Falcon. Although in this specific case, I'd probably use "Sufa" just to confuse things further lol.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Oh snap it is an 'I' isn't it OMG. I need to fix this when I get home.

Isn't the F-16 in the pic an "F"?

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

I think your right about the f-16I (considering its Israeli paint)

But I think the F-16F is used by more than just the UAE

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Block 50 Viper. A true multirole fighter, and a western SEAD aircraft.

Some articles to convince you all .

http://defence.pk/threads/f-16-vs-f-18-a-navy-test-pilots-perspective.169261/

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/how-to-win-in-a-dogfight-stories-from-a-pilot-who-flew-1682723379.

I suppose an F-22 or Typhoon would be sexier, but either of the latter is unlikely to happen.

Super Hornet is just too close to the Charlie Hornet, which is on the way.

Can you guys explein me how to build a team?

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Block 50 Viper. A true multirole fighter, and a western SEAD aircraft.

I suppose an F-22 or Typhoon would be sexier, but either of the latter is unlikely to happen.

Super Hornet is just too close to the Charlie Hornet, which is on the way.

Typhoon is happening, but I agree the C and E are very similar, in the avionics department, and there's not much the E can do that the C can't its just bigger stealthier and has longer legs when you get right down to it, and in my opinion the F-18 was supposed to be a lightweight fighter anyways.

The E model is a little too big and plus loaded down with the extra fuel and firepower it's almost underpowered. I'm looking forward to having a nice little C in the game.

But we need a late model viper some day for sure, or I'd take an F-15E of any era.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Razbam will do F-15E they will use F-15E that is already in DCS after they finished the M2000C.

F-15E is next as one said on facebook but things can change will see in 2017 when M2000C is out.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Yeah that's the word, hopefully by then front and backseat multilayer will be sorted out and A2G radar will have a solid technology base so it won't be so hard to move it over, that's one bird that would sell like hot cakes.

Edit: so I just checked the M2M site forums and they mentioned the F-15E back in June (of this year lol) It sounds like they are waiting on some DCS features to be finished first, probably some of what i said above, to start implementation in DCS. I suppose once 1.5 is out and L-39 Front and back is done we'll see some head way on it.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Yes they wait dual seat to be implemented.

Razbam will do F-15E they will use F-15E that is already in DCS after they finished the M2000C.

F-15E is next as one said on facebook but things can change will see in 2017 when M2000C is out.

Last I heard (couple weeks maybe) their plan is Mirage 2000C, A-7E and AV-8B in that order. I occasionally see users mention the F-15E, but I've never seen RAZBAM officially state they are going to make one. Either way, I wouldn't buy an F-15E. Not a fan of 2 seat "fighters."

Sorry I am not familiar with the 'Bugs'. I was a Tomcat guy. And this one is the 'E'. The 'F' is a two seater.

They're still by-and-large the same aircraft, just like the F-16C/D and F/A-18C/D. I would like to see both the "E" and "F" variants should they release a Super Hornet module.

BTW, I noticed that when I look at some air wing compositions, certain squadrons that employ the F/A-18C were indicated as flying the F/A-18C(N). Does anyone know what the "(N)" denoted?

BTW, I noticed that when I look at some air wing compositions, certain squadrons that employ the F/A-18C were indicated as flying the F/A-18C(N). Does anyone know what the "(N)" denoted?

More likely than not it indicates a night attack version. That means the airframes are lot 12 or later jets. Link please?

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

More likely than not it indicates a night attack version. That means the airframes are lot 12 or later jets. Link please?

This shows the F/A-18C (N) designation:

https://books.google.com/books?id=zpVWBgAAQBAJ&pg=PA185&lpg=PA185&dq=F/A-18C(n)&source=bl&ots=XfX1pgOjL-&sig=Dv31fv4XfsE360XjxRh_uf9AJqE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CFgQ6AEwCmoVChMIw-udjfbFxwIVS6KICh2yhQuj#v=onepage&q=F%2FA-18C(n)&f=false

Also, this link discusses the Night attack upgrades: http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-18.htm

Scroll down the the F/A-18C/D section.

-Nick

This shows the F/A-18C (N) designation:

https://books.google.com/books?id=zpVWBgAAQBAJ&pg=PA185&lpg=PA185&dq=F/A-18C(n)&source=bl&ots=XfX1pgOjL-&sig=Dv31fv4XfsE360XjxRh_uf9AJqE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CFgQ6AEwCmoVChMIw-udjfbFxwIVS6KICh2yhQuj#v=onepage&q=F%2FA-18C(n)&f=false

Also, this link discusses the Night attack upgrades: http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-18.htm

Scroll down the the F/A-18C/D section.

-Nick

Thanks for the data.

Its interesting to me that, even as recently as the early 1990s, the ability to attack at night and in poor weather was still very much a work-in-progress.

The Night Attack lot 12's and later are denoted by the "N" designation. From the book, the evidence is found in the fact that there no "N" designations prior to 1990. Additionally, I know that VFA-146 and VFA-147 swapped their jets (Lot 16's) with the forward deployed VFA-192 and VFA-195 (Lot 10/11's) around the time that the Kitty Hawk took over fror the Indy... 1998. Luckily, all four of those squadrons are listed and you can see when they swapped the Night Attack Hornets from CAG 9 on the America to CAG 5 on the Kitty Hawk.

Edited by Vampyre

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Remember the L-39 will open a new chapter regarding 2 seaters including multiplayer).

Having 2 seater version of the F18 and F15 could be very interesting

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

The Night Attack lot 12's and later are denoted by the "N" designation. From the book, the evidence is found in the fact that there no "N" designations prior to 1990. Additionally, I know that VFA-146 and VFA-147 swapped their jets (Lot 16's) with the forward deployed VFA-192 and VFA-195 (Lot 10/11's) around the time that the Kitty Hawk took over fror the Indy... 1998. Luckily, all four of those squadrons are listed and you can see when they swapped the Night Attack Hornets from CAG 9 on the America to CAG 5 on the Kitty Hawk.

Very interesting stuff. Thanks for the insight. So basically, anything Hornet prior to 1990 had limited night-attack capability?

Very interesting stuff. Thanks for the insight. So basically, anything Hornet prior to 1990 had limited night-attack capability?

The lot 11 and below aircraft can still conduct attacks at night, they were just not optimized for that mission. The lot 12 and above have NVG compatible cockpits among other upgrades to improve their overall effectiveness. The NVG's enabled the pilot freedom of maneuver. Before the NVG compatibility a pilot had to use the FLIR pods to look around in the dark... which is not optimal in a combat environment.