Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

Sounds good.

Anyway i would fly everything. F-15c/e, F-16, F-18c, Superbug, Tornado, Eurofighter, F-22, F-35, Spaceshuttle (RIP) but only with Space 2 Space / Space 2 Earth Weapons. :pilotfly:

How about this little Viper? :thumbup:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/AaronSkinner/viper002.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair CML16GX3M4A1866C9 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz 9-10-9-27-1T |eVGA GTX Titan Black Hydro Copper SLI | Plextor M5 Pro 512GB SSD | Crucial M4 512GB SSD | Seagate 2TB SSHD | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Cooling - Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO stainless steel radiator with 9x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilent Pro PK-2 140mm fans

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ED will never announce the next module. And yes this is reverse psychology aimed directly at Tharos.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

ED will never announce the next module. And yes this is reverse psychology aimed directly at Tharos.

I thought it was already made abundantly clear that the next one is DCS:AT-802U? :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Umm. I think I've got a bad link. For me it's showing up as something from Star trek. Plus that thing doesn't look like a two seater. I'm missing something here aren't I.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Umm. I think I've got a bad link. For me it's showing up as something from Star trek. Plus that thing doesn't look like a two seater. I'm missing something here aren't I.

Yes very much. I can not see the link at work, but I am guessing its the newer BSG chica Starbuck and she is flying a Viper which is what their Fighter attack ships were called.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

I thought it was already made abundantly clear that the next one is DCS:AT-802U? :P

Followed by Leclerc and Arleigh Burke!

...although I don't think these make the best choices for combined ops... but then again neither do the A-10C and Ka-50. That doesn't mean they will be any less fun though!

*EDIT* Breaking news!! DCS: F-86 Sabre to follow up widely anticipated DCS: Arleigh Burke!

totally reliable source (avatar): http://forums.eagle.ru/member.php?u=3338

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

on that f-15-e info

Frostiken, i looked at that f-15-e info that is a lot of a to g , with the 15-e who needs a bomber. two 15-e s is like a bomber., GGTharos, i got too say yes , on the f-15-e :thumbup:

IF I DIE, I WELL DIE WHITH HONOR OR DIE WELL

Do people pick this up as teasing, or are they seeing the point that Wags is making ... ;)

Followed by Leclerc and Arleigh Burke!

...although I don't think these make the best choices for combined ops... but then again neither do the A-10C and Ka-50. That doesn't mean they will be any less fun though!

*EDIT* Breaking news!! DCS: F-86 Sabre to follow up widely anticipated DCS: Arleigh Burke!

totally reliable source (avatar): http://forums.eagle.ru/member.php?u=3338

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Do people pick this up as teasing, or are they seeing the point that Wags is making ... ;)

So now it's ok to burst some bubbles? :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

What does a French tank, a US Destroyer and a F-86 Sabre have in common?

Apart from the ability to kick our collective A$$ six ways from Sunday......ooohh I don't know?

In the pattern waiting on GG :P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hopefully I'll be forgiven for springing the "secret", but the point is: people should stop digging for the slightest silly straw in a futile quest to figure out what the next DCS product is. ;)

Remember how some people actually thought that Matt copying an image from the AT-802U site and using it as an avatar meant "fo sho" that that's the next plane. And the people who thought F-15E has to be it - because look at the new model and it was on like a massive 3 (THREE!) pictures in the installer! Oh no, wait, they own an F-18 domain name! That has to be it! Seriously, people so eager to jump to conclusions that if they were to find a picture of the Galactica made by a guy that is a third cousing thrice removed from the kindergarten teacher of one of the ED guys they'd take that as sure evidence of ED going into the Sci Fi market... :P

Just enjoy DCS: A-10C, it's still new. :)

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hopefully I'll be forgiven for springing the "secret", but the point is: people should stop digging for the slightest silly straw in a futile quest to figure out what the next DCS product is. ;)

Remember how some people actually thought that Matt copying an image from the AT-802U site and using it as an avatar meant "fo sho" that that's the next plane. And the people who thought F-15E has to be it - because look at the new model and it was on like a massive 3 (THREE!) pictures in the installer! Oh no, wait, they own an F-18 domain name! That has to be it! Seriously, people so eager to jump to conclusions that if they were to find a picture of the Galactica made by a guy that is a third cousing thrice removed from the kindergarten teacher of one of the ED guys they'd take that as sure evidence of ED going into the Sci Fi market... :P

DCS: Viper MKII

Kthnxbai.

I know some are just curious what it might be, for no special reason. Me, I'm curios what it will be, because the answer will have more or less an impact on how our squadron will be run the following years. We could, for example figure out, who would want to change to that new AC and who would stay with the Hog. And that is a key-question, to plan future works and activities.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I know some are just curious what it might be, for no special reason. Me, I'm curios what it will be, because the answer will have more or less an impact on how our squadron will be run the following years. We could, for example figure out, who would want to change to that new AC and who would stay with the Hog. And that is a key-question, to plan future works and activities.

Thats the same thing at our squadron. We still fly Falcon AF, becaus we love the Viper and the Game with Campaign and a Mulirole-Jet is still interesting. Some of us testet already the A-10, (i will too next week after the german release) but as I looks until now it will not replaye Allied Force. Its nice, good graphic, very realistic.. but it seems to bee too less chance in the game.. and its not a jet, its only a slow hit and run fighter. Until now there is only 1 really actie A-10 pilot, the other who tested it returned to the F-16 after a few weeks. Graphics are not all...

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06

and its not a jet, its only a slow hit and run fighter.

I know what you mean, but I'm so anal I have to say it anyway: it is a jet. It has two jet engines. ;)

But to make a more relevant correction, it's definitely NOT "hit and run". The F-16 is a hit-and-run as far as striking ground targets, since it can't carry a big enough payload to stay on station for very long. The A-10C is a CAS plane - it stays right there and can keep providing support for a long time.

Graphics are not all...

A half-insane DC isn't everything either. :P

Personally the flight model is the big deal, and the Falcon one... Yeah... Not rediculously bad and good enough for what it does, but when I try to "feel" that one, and then turn my head back to DCS where I very much "feel" the airplane... There's really no contest. But that's why I'm here and not on a Falcon forum. :D

I agree a fastmover multirole is a sweet thing to fly, but the point is that it'll be announced when it's announced, which is when they feel it's appropriate, and guessing based on whatever vague non-clues won't help. I understand it might be a problem from a squadron planning standpoint, but that's just unfortunate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

But pictures are useful. Open an aircraft manual and you'll have tonnes of them. ;)

You'll have a lot more graphs than you have in this one though, depending on which dash you opened.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Frostiken' date=' i looked at that f-15-e info that is a lot of a to g , with the 15-e who needs a bomber. two 15-e s is like a bomber., GGTharos, i got too say yes , on the f-15-e :thumbup:[/quote']

Err, well, the F-15E is a bomber :) It's actually, I dare say, the single most capable bomber in the world. Capable of everything from SEAD, air interceptor, deep striking, and dropping an ungodly amount and mix of munitions with more precision than just about anything else one can put in the air. It's got more range, better speed, better flexibility, greater payload, more advanced avionics, and greater accuracy than almost any other airframe.

F-16 nerds and F/A-18 fanboys like to talk up their airframes, but there's a single, simple fact - when it comes to any sort of air/ground operation anywhere in the world, there's only one airframe that the USAF will pick to do almost all the heavy lifting and dirt-moving. In the first 12 days of Operation Odyssey Dawn, our official stats is 407 munitions employed, 477 targets destroyed, with 87% accuracy which is more than every other aircraft combined in that timespan.

As much as I despise working on this airframe in all its completely maintenance-unfriendly glory and laughable reliability of parts, I have to admit it's one of the most impressive aircraft ever designed. If the F-15C is the ultimate air-supremacy aircraft, the F-15E is the same but for ground-supremacy. In Afghanistan, when requests for air support come in, there's but one airframe that every JTAC alive could only dream to have proving AOW, and that's the F-15E. A-10s are too slow to respond to urgent TIC requests, and F-16 / F/A-18s are simply incapable of providing the necessary support.

Also:

B-61_bomb.jpg

Edited by Frostiken

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]