Multiplayer Patch for Black Shark to work with Flaming Cliffs 2.0 ?

Lightning

Are there any aircraft that can share the datalink with the shark? (I doubt it but wouldn't that be cool?)

Datalink? Who needs datalink when you can just blow up the lead vehicle and have it a nice large fire for all to see.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Grief

Thanks for the news Wags. I am excited as everyone else. Perhaps we can be productive while we wait and think of how we will be able to coordinate with the fixed wing guys. Any ideas? I have heard of using smoke rockets to mark targets.

Are there any aircraft that can share the datalink with the shark? (I doubt it but wouldn't that be cool?)

So if not, how will we communicate target info. I know you can hit self coord and get your cooridantes then give range and heading info to target, or via visual refference to a known point. (North west of the comms tower.)

Any other ideas?

Well Toast..............................

Why don't you 'zip' your way through the Academy and find out how the two wings will work together in co-ordinated attacks. The AH's main advantage is the ability to offer a stable firing platform at low altitude and depending on the piloting skills and ability to read ground, do it relatively unseen.

You will see how we intend to implement this once you have passed the academy and began ATT.

Until then, by all means, post some more speculative posts. But do not attempt to implement unsanctioned TTP's from outside the Squadron. People have their ideas, and thats fine. The difference with us is that we have RL resources & RL experience. With that, i would ask you to be patient.

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

So if not, how will we communicate target info. I know you can hit self coord and get your cooridantes then give range and heading info to target, or via visual refference to a known point. (North west of the comms tower.)

Any other ideas?

Or you can use this for general orientation:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=50869

Did I sound like on commercial? :music_whistling:

Hope not! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well Toast..............................

Why don't you 'zip' your way through the Academy and find out how the two wings will work together in co-ordinated attacks. The AH's main advantage is the ability to offer a stable firing platform at low altitude and depending on the piloting skills and ability to read ground, do it relatively unseen.

You will see how we intend to implement this once you have passed the academy and began ATT.

Until then, by all means, post some more speculative posts. But do not attempt to implement unsanctioned TTP's from outside the Squadron. People have their ideas, and thats fine. The difference with us is that we have RL resources & RL experience. With that, i would ask you to be patient.

'T'

LMAO !! Toast , you've really fallen in with some charming fellas there havent you ?

No worries , all your unsanctioned tactics , techniques and procedures are always welcome over at the 29th !!

Overcome , adapt.......and mock , thats our motto !!!

- B

Bad form Eries

Seeing as I've known Toast for quite some time and flown with him often.....any good-natured ribbing I give him is in quite good form.........:thumbup:

Edited by Eries

lol

LMAO !! Toast , you've really fallen in with some charming fellas there havent you ?

No worries , all your unsanctioned tactics , techniques and procedures are always welcome over at the 29th !!

Overcome , adapt.......and mock , thats our motto !!!

- B

hehehe, :megalol: Toast is a great guy and an accomplished pilot. He thoroughly enjoys being in the 104th and engaged in our Training Academy. We produce 'elite' standard pilots, i can assure you. Like you, we most certainly look forward to proving that :pilotfly: when the patch comes out.

Regards as ever,

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Bad form Eries

Hardly bad form when he (Toast) asks a honest question in the official forums just to be "put in his place" by his squadron mate & Eries calls it.

The bad form is bringing squadron drama here, which Toast obviously didn't do.

Hardly bad form when he (Toast) asks a honest question in the official forums just to be "put in his place" by his squadron mate & Eries calls it.

yeah, we are anticpating this 'highly anticipated patch' and this thread is all over the place..

:joystick::huh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I see no squadron drama or bad form here except for your own comments.

What either of you know about Tyger and Toast and their relationship as it relates to the 104th could fill a thimble.

Out

Why not just drop that whole topic and get back to waiting for the compatibility patch? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Wow Eries. Your post speaks volumes. You broke an unwritten rule. You don't chase after other squadrons members. It's one thing if they seek you out but your offering recruitment to someone that you KNOW is in another squadron in an open forum. What people in the 29th should be asking themselves is if they want to be in a squadron with someone that can alienate other squads on a massive scale.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow Eries. Your post speaks volumes. You broke an unwritten rule. You don't chase after other squadrons members. It's one thing if they seek you out but your offering recruitment to someone that you KNOW is in another squadron in an open forum. What people in the 29th should be asking themselves is if they want to be in a squadron with someone that can alienate other squads on a massive scale.

Oh LMAO ! It certainly wasnt a recruiting post . He has often come and flown along with us , and my point was that we wont judge his TTP's when he visits......

Who sucked the humor outta this place ?

My apologies to Lightning , the ED Moderators and others for the off-topic diversion........

Edited by Eries

Wow, my ears have been ringing as everyone is talking about me! Sorry to derail the post.

No hard feelings here to anyone involved. I can't wait for the patch.

Toast

Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. and When All Else Fails, Aviate More :pilotfly:

Not necessarily patch FC2 as well, but there is the item of doing QA on the DCS patch. In the industry there is a disease with patches where they remove old bugs but replace them with new ones. Quick patch rotation makes that inevitable, and therefore only desirable for really gamebreaking bugs (like when Empire: Total War was released and a patch basically had to be released as soon as Issue X was resolved, simply because it was not only annoying but destroying the game experience of many users).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Muhahaha....EPIC FAIL AGAIN DEAR ED:megalol:

I thought the MP compatibility is one of the major features and reasons of this patch!?

And now I read that there is a furthur patch needed?

Dear ED....with such stupid things, you will definite screw this hopefully DCS series up.:bomb:

What a laughable fail again.

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2.0 will feature the same world environment and game functionality as the Digital Combat Simulation (DCS) series and will be online compatible with the Ka-50 attack helicopter simulation DCS: Black Shark www.digitalcombatsimulator.com. Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2.0 will allow Lock On pilots and Black Shark pilots to now fly online together in both cooperative and head-to-head online play."
What a dirty lie...but as long as you got the money....:(

This is a clear bunco ;)

Edited by Duke49th
  • Like 2

Muhahaha....EPIC FAIL AGAIN DEAR ED:megalol:

I thought the MP compatibility is one of the major features and reasons of this patch!?

And now I read that there is a furthur patch needed?

Dear ED....with such stupid things, you will definite screw this hopefully DCS series up.:bomb:

What a laughable fail again.

What a dirty lie...but as long as you got the money....:(

:doh:

They NEED a patch Duke because they have finally fixed the Sound engine in FC2 and have to that means changing the Sound engine in DCS as well. If there's even one difference between the 2 Sims then they won't work. (hence the patch)