A-10 Bombing issues

Maverick322

I've got two issues with the A-10 with bombing..

1. Mk.20 'Rockeye' Clusterbomb:

When the bomb hits the ground, it won't cluster! It just impacts without an explosion.. all I can see I dust been thrown in to the air..

2. Interval for ripple bombing:

It doesn't matter which time interval I use for ripple bombing, the bombs are always released right after eachother. When they hit te ground, the distance between both impact points is just one meter..

Are these bugs? Or am I doing something wrong?:doh:

Think it through.......Experience strange behaviour? Exit the SIM, start again and try and Replicate. Replicated successfully? Well, try again just for the hell of it.......Still Happening?

Post a Track :joystick:

Makes life troubleshooting a helluva lot easier at the end of the day :thumbup:

:D

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Thanks for the replys! It doesn't matter which alt I use for the Mk.20.. When I fly al little bit higher the bomb even explode in mid-air!

Mk.20 should disintegrate in mid-air. It is cluster bomb after all.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

Think it through.......Experience strange behaviour? Exit the SIM, start again and try and Replicate. Replicated successfully? Well, try again just for the hell of it.......Still Happening?

Post a Track :joystick:

Makes life troubleshooting a helluva lot easier at the end of the day :thumbup:

:D

:megalol:

To understand how thing works on unguided bombing.

PRS = release in pairs bomb

SGL = release just single bomb

RPL SGL is relate to dropping single bomb and based on what Milliseconds you want to drop another bomb after you drop 1st bomb

RPL PRS it will drop in pairs and it will drop another pairs on what Milliseconds you want it to set.

for MK20, I probabaly go for CCRP mode instead of CCIP. and dont drop too close to ground.

The MK20 itself have about 220 clusters inside, once you drop the mk20. it take time for it to open up the external body and spread the tiny cluster droplets into your Target.

http://www.youtube.com/user/eagledcs#p/u/60/F1N9fHpymQM

Hope that help. If I am wrong on anything, let me know :D

Edited by Maximus

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Have also been disapointed with MK20 performance, a bit of dust with out any indiviual explosive animations. I ripple 6 over 4 APC with only 1 kill which appeared to be a direct hit(no dispersal).

Had much better results using MK82.

And not to mention the pee shooter(GAU8_AP), sad after flying LockOn & KA50

Dont get me wrong I was glad to fork out money too keep dev happening, I know theres no big or quick bucks in Flight Sims.

I still have All the Janes series, Falcon4 (FF5 now) LoMac, KA50. First sim was F19 on a 286 with 40 meg HD (what a beast) And still have a copy of Windows 3.0 on 5.25 inch disks.

Cheers Shadow

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

Same here. When i use the MK20's, one can see in external view that the canisters open. Because i see a little grey cloud around each bomb after a few secs, i presume that this is the point where the canisters open.

Then when the small clusterbombs hit the ground, i hear the impact but i don't see any explosion (unlike in FC1.12 where you clearly see the separate clusters explode).

But if i make a run real low after the impact, i can see the impact point for each little clusterbomb.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I have exactly the same.. bug?

Herewith CCRP Cluster-Run from approx 8000ft//6 x Mk20 Rockeye munitions;

ACP set to Single Release//Ripple Quantity - 6//Ripple Interval 95m/s:

As evident, erred a wee bit at Initial CCRP Lock, leading to overshoot - Nontheless 7 kills.

th_111A.png

th_111B.png

th_111C.png

th_111D.png

th_111E.png

th_111F.png

th_111G.png

th_111H.png

th_111I.png

th_111J.png

Another approach with ACP parameters as above - Cockpit View:

th_111M.png

th_111N.png

th_111O.png

th_111P.png

Second run - 8 kills with 6 Rockeyes.

Seems Bug-Free to me :)

Edited by 159th_Viper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have also been disapointed with MK20 performance, a bit of dust with out any indiviual explosive animations. I ripple 6 over 4 APC with only 1 kill which appeared to be a direct hit(no dispersal).

Had much better results using MK82.

In order to eliminate possible system/install error, download and run the following track on your PC:

Cluster-Run with 12 Rockeyes Single#12#50m/s release against 15 BMP-3's with 13 Kills. Might be indicative of a system error/fault/install prob if your results differ on playback.

[ATTACH]37915[/ATTACH]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Viper

No system/install errors, FC2 CCIP is so different from LoMac, FF5 & KA-50 submunition delivery.

To the point of relearning plinking.

Cheers

PS I count over 20 rockeyes there ?????

And they dont look like BMPs ??

So are you full of sh_t or just full of rocki ??

Edited by ShadowVonChadwick

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

thanks Viper the trk worked great for me.:thumbup:

In order to eliminate possible system/install error, download and run the following track on your PC:

Cluster-Run with 12 Rockeyes Single#12#50m/s release against 15 BMP-3's with 13 Kills. Might be indicative of a system error/fault/install prob if your results differ on playback.

[ATTACH]37915[/ATTACH]

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

....PS I count over 20 rockeyes there ?????

And they dont look like BMPs ??.....

Care to Share whatever substance you're abusing? Cm'on now, don't be Shy :P

Oh wait - Hang about: Please tell me you're not referring to the Screenshots posted.....:D

Download and Watch the Track
- Simplez

:pilotfly:

....over 20 Rockeyes...........:megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Care to Share whatever substance you're abusing? Cm'on now, don't be Shy :P

Oh wait - Hang about: Please tell me you're not referring to the Screenshots posted.....:D

- Simplez

:pilotfly:

....over 20 Rockeyes...........:megalol:

Well what do you expect you make statement and post screen shots,

On a lighter note pot + port

Simplex ....you just lost the high ground.

Oh & the smiles are so cool

Well what do you expect you make statement and post screen shots,

On a lighter note pot + port

Simplex ....you just lost the high ground.

Oh & the smiles are so cool

I'll make a note of Spoonfeeding you the next time you decide to report an User-Error as a Bug ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll make a note of Spoonfeeding you the next time you decide to report an User-Error as a Bug ;)

And you prove my point..3500 post's please look for the front door!!

Still full of rocki

And in fact I didn't report a Bug, bud. I made comment in a thread I had an interest in.

And in fact I didn't report a Bug....

Quite So - My mistake:

....MK20 performance, a bit of dust with out any indiviual explosive animations. I ripple 6 over 4 APC with only 1 kill which appeared to be a direct hit(no dispersal).....

Definite User-error.....No Bug!

Ta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Viper

Please show me where I called it a bug???

Looks like another case of over reading feelings into a posting...:music_whistling:

Viper

Please show me where I called it a bug???

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Looks like another case of over reading feelings into a posting...:music_whistling:

Mastiff.....you could be right !!

Cheers