New "tweaked" frogfoot's AFM - Do you like it?

i have a frend that is a real su-25 pilot.when he tried the su-25 and su-25T he said that it is nowhere near the real thing.the T especialy is far too sensitive.the taxing on the ground is not real becouse the real thing is far more agile and manuverable and the tires don't get blown so easely by sharp turns.this is for the 1.12 version.for this newer i must consult again with my friend

i have a frend that is a real su-25 pilot.when he tried the su-25 and su-25T he said that it is nowhere near the real thing.the T especialy is far too sensitive.the taxing on the ground is not real becouse the real thing is far more agile and manuverable and the tires don't get blown so easely by sharp turns.this is for the 1.12 version.for this newer i must consult again with my friend
You doo that,tnx for good info :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Aerial Operations

• ED Team
For me, personally, answer is NO! I find that my favorite lomac plane is not so "hardcore" and challenging anymore...Any other opinion?

Oh guys... placebo effect is in action. :D

I affirm that ONLY air brakes shaking was slightly reworked for AFM.

The rest is your own fantasy...

• Like 2

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team

Your friend should have read Su-25 flight manual before he flew it... :)

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

:megalol:

Yo-Yo: 1

Selective Toadies: 0

:thumbup:

Human Nature.......Gotta Love It :D

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Slightly different point, but in FC2 the AFM aircraft operate with new atmospheric modeling, in particular the new turbulence model and wind model, which is now affected by the ground surface. Both of these should provide a more dynamic flight environment at different altitudes.

EvilBivol-1 that is interesting and fantastic but... at what setting should i set my turbulence on my mission editor ? ... I'm at 7m/s for the moment and it still smooth as silk..

Thanks

Edited by theGozr

Fly it like you stole it..

Slightly different point, but in FC2 the AFM aircraft operate with new atmospheric modeling, in particular the new turbulence model and wind model, which is now affected by the ground surface. Both of these should provide a more dynamic flight environment at different altitudes.

EvilBivol-1 that is interesting but.. at what setting should i set my turbulence on my mission editor ? ... I'm at 7m/s for the moment and it still smooth as silk..

Thanks

7 is 0.7m/s in turbulence. If you want 7m/s turbulence you need to set 70.

Don't forget to set up wind speed of course.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Wow, this is very interesting, since AFAIK Black Shark doesn't have such a model. At least, I recall reading previously that wind effects due to hills were not modeled. Presumably this too is being ported to Black Shark with the compatibility patch? Or am I mistaken and this is already in DCS?
You are correct and this modeling is new in FC2. Specifically, the new turbulance model automatically generates turbulance effects between the three wind bands at 0, 2,000, and 8,000 m. accounting for wind speed and direction at each altitude band. The new wind ground surface effect models the reduction of wind speed near the surface. Becaues the surface is not flat, you experience a dynamic environment as you fly over a mountain crest, for example. You may spot these effects best by trying a final approach into a slight crosswind (not full crosswind) and some turbulence.

I hesitate to say anything about the Black Shark patch before it is done, but the atmospheric modeling is tied to the flight model itself and is not wholly independent in the world. For example, the ground surface effect is only modeled for AFM aircraft in FC2 (Su-25 and Su-25T). As such, it may or may not be modeled for the Ka-50.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

One of more reason to fly the SU25, SU25T and SU25TM ( SU-39 )... Thanks Evil..

But here a question that i asked years ago about turbulence and online flying. Is the turbulence now are as well for Online flight ? if yes hopefully the online server should crank them up a bit :)

Thx

Fly it like you stole it..

Oh guys... placebo effect is in action. ............The rest is your own fantasy...

Ah Yo-Yo, why did you have to go and spoil the fun!! :doh:

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Now that we know about placebo, give us some medicine Yo Yo and tell us something about new A-10 AFM please.

Thanks

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

But about LO's Su-25T.... I noticed it is much slower :O, and A-10 is like arcade now, I feel this in A-10.

YES...it does feel like the A-10 is an arcade...I told my friend who's weary of sims to get FC2.0 just cause the warthog is soooo easy to fly lol...it feels like I'm playing Sega's Afterburner or something...either that or I must be an expert pilot ;0

no complaints here...it's fn fun now...if not being a bit easy to mow down everything in its path

• ED Team
Now that we know about placebo, give us some medicine Yo Yo and tell us something about new A-10 AFM please.

Thanks

With my great pleasure... but only after we have released the patch for Ka-50. :)

You are correct and this modeling is new in FC2. Specifically, the new turbulance model automatically generates turbulance effects between the three wind bands at 0, 2,000, and 8,000 m. accounting for wind speed and direction at each altitude band. The new wind ground surface effect models the reduction of wind speed near the surface. Becaues the surface is not flat, you experience a dynamic environment as you fly over a mountain crest, for example. You may spot these effects best by trying a final approach into a slight crosswind (not full crosswind) and some turbulence.

I hesitate to say anything about the Black Shark patch before it is done, but the atmospheric modeling is tied to the flight model itself and is not wholly independent in the world. For example, the ground surface effect is only modeled for AFM aircraft in FC2 (Su-25 and Su-25T). As such, it may or may not be modeled for the Ka-50.

I'm surprised that this didn't make it as one of the FC 2 highlights. This is as good as the new sound engine.

I'm surprised that this didn't make it as one of the FC 2 highlights. This is as good as the new sound engine.

It was a late addition to the feature description here:

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1671&scr=default#air

However, I will add it to the forum announcements as well.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

It was a late addition to the feature description here:

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1671&scr=default#air

However, I will add it to the forum announcements as well.

Make it bold, please ;)

Hugely important imo.. :)

Did you read my question Evil in the post before?

Thx

Of course it is important. It's one of the most striking differences between real world flying and simulation flying - lack of proper atmosphere movement modeling in simulations. I recall that there was a huge and hot argument on the subject on ED forums a while ago. I presume that a lot of participants will join the line of satisfied FC2 consumers. I've already said that I'm positively surprised that FC 2 contributed to the DCS technology. First the new sound engine and now the atmosphere modeling. :thumbup:

I've flown Su-25 exclusively in FC and have logged lot of hours in it. But definitely in 2.0 both frogs are more stable in longitudinal plane. I previous version the plane would oscilate with fast stick movements even at high speeds, now those oscilations for sure are damped.

I've flown Su-25 exclusively in FC and have logged lot of hours in it. But definitely in 2.0 both frogs are more stable in longitudinal plane. I previous version the plane would oscilate with fast stick movements even at high speeds, now those oscilations for sure are damped.

I agree it does feel different, but in a good way.

Nate

One of more reason to fly the SU25, SU25T and SU25TM ( SU-39 )... Thanks Evil..

But here a question that i asked years ago about turbulence and online flying. Is the turbulence now are as well for Online flight ? if yes hopefully the online server should crank them up a bit :)

Thx

Yes, it should be - at least when I checked the last time I flew in turbulence on the 159th.

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning