ATGM prowess

I have the impression that ATGM munitions like Sagger, Konkurs or TOW on IFV/APC's is a little overdone. A bunch of BMP-2's can annihilate a whole column of M1A2 Abrams tanks with apparent ease.

How many can they shoot BTW? I cannot imagine that while the BMP-2 is driving cross country someone manages to put a new Konkurs missile on the launcher?

In optimal conditions such an ATGM can indeed be deadly. But these are hard to obtain. On the other hand, a modern MBT has a very high rate of fire and can engage a moving target in seconds, even while on the move.

The whole idea that you would launch a BMP assault on an MBT column is a little weird, but easily done in FC2.

Anyway you can make ferocious tankbattles in both DCS:BS and FC2 (without it even showing a performance impact on my rig): great fun indeed!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its a shame that tanks are KO'ing each other at over 2 miles as well. I doubt an Abrams or T80 would be able to penetrate one another at that kind of distance :(

Plus those darn Abrams cant seem to hit a damned thing. I imagine these two problems are just due to engine simplifications though. Hopefully the new DCS will have some tweaks made :)

Its a shame that tanks are KO'ing each other at over 2 miles as well. I doubt an Abrams or T80 would be able to penetrate one another at that kind of distance :(

Might very well be Feasible ;)

M829A3 Sabot with Range of 3000m at a Muzzle Velocity of 1555m/s is gonna ruin anybody's day pretty fast :)

http://www.atk.com/customer_solutions_missionsystems/cs_ms_w_tgs_120ammo.asp

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'