RECORD AVI - a Mission Editor tool

Bucic

noob alert!! what the embed code for this forum for say youtube and vimeo?

Can't seem to get it to work.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

noob alert!! what the embed code for this forum for say youtube and vimeo?

Can't seem to get it to work.

Sehr you go!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=49623&page=2

Also

http://forums.eagle.ru/search.php

Oy !

Always thought that this "thing" never worked.

I've tried it, 1m20 .trk file. worked at least with png sequence (20GB !) and Avi Seq (10Gb)

VLC limits my playback through. but choosing my own FPS is a great feature !!!

Now i need 20PetaBytes storage ;)

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

• 1 month later...

Same than Erforce, I thought it was totally broken or my pc couldn't handle it because it was lagging so bad. I just made a video with the PNG sequence in Lock On FC2 and it so great!! Thx for that thread, it gave me some good help! But I'm still looking for a good free video editing software, just to cut my sequencies. Bye Bye cra**y recording softwares, I'll never use anything else to record now! Great ED feature!!

Btw I've 2 question, maybe stupid :

1. Should edit my video with the lagarith format or encode it before (mp4)?

2. There's no uncompressed AVI output format with RAT in FC2. Right?

The quality was set to 95%, next time I'll increase to 100% and it will be on DCS W.

Here is my vid :

Just a flight test, don't blame me for the landing^^

Again thanks Bucic!!

Edited by Madone
  • Like 1

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Just for cutting - there's nothing better than VirtualDub with Direct Stream Copy enabled for video and audio (if present)! As for other audio and video editing software recommendations - please refer to post 1 in this topic.

Huge file sizes:

It's possible to record in RAT directly to Lagarith! You just need to change few lua's or something. I couldn't figure that out. Please bump the following topic and maybe you'll find someone who will help you:

Are you a coder? Please help with the Record AVI Tool (RAT) - ADDITIONAL CODECS INTEGRATION

Your questions:

1. Leave videos in Lagarith as long as your disk drive can contain it :) Any conversion = loss of quality.

2. I don't remember, sorry.

Ok thx for your reply!

No prob for the question 2, I'll use the Png + Wav capture anyway. I'm not interested to convert directly in Lagarith also, VirtualDub is fine to encode the image sequences. Of course I've read the topic about the video editing softwares and I've tried almost all of them.

VirtualDub won't read the audio track of the video. It keeps saying that the audio isn't compatible (PCM). I'm thinking about installing a Linux OS and use Kdenlive. I edited this one with trakAxPC, but it's a time limited trial version...

Last question sorry, I actually encoded my video in uncompresssed AVI after editing it with trakAx, but I'd prefer a software which can encode my video with the Lagarith (or at least a lossless codec), does Kdenlive encode in lossless format after editing? Because I really like to encode my video from Handbrake to upload it on Youtube ('cause I'm sure of the result). Blender looks interesting too, I'll give a try.

Thx bud.

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

• 4 years later...
OK, found it....

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=720370#post720370

Sorry, it was a other thing... nothing to do with the avi-tool.... I mixed it up.

TRACK PLAYBACK PRIOR TO MISSION START (MISSION INTRO)

It's now possible to create missions with a pre-recorded introduction track.

The procedure to create a mission with an intro track is as follows:

1. Create a mission with the necessary triggers, graphical and audio material.

2. Launch the mission, record the intro track and save it.

3. Create a new file, called "continue_track" with the number '1' inside. The file can be created with Notepad or other similar program. The file should have no extension.

4. Open the TRK file with your archive opener (winrar, etc.) and insert the "continue_track" file inside the "track_data" folder of the TRK archive.

5. Rename the TRK extention to MIZ.

So i followed the above. I typed adding the quotes just like this.

"continue_track" 1

Saved the file to a name of my choice. Saved as a text. But once i moved the file into the above stated folder i erased the extention. All the files look the same now. I think maybe i typed the code wrong?

When i started the mission the track did not play... signed confused.

Thanks for any assistance.

• Like 1

I'm far from being any expert on this topic but I can't imagine how ANY file can be read without it having some sort of Extension. In fact, it's not even a File of any type without an extension. Your computer has no idea that it's there or what to do with it without an extension.

This is of course, only my opinion. But I think it's sound.

Good luck with it because I too would love to know how to do this (playing track prior to mission start).

SnowTiger:joystick:

TRACK PLAYBACK PRIOR TO MISSION START (MISSION INTRO)

It's now possible to create missions with a pre-recorded introduction track.

The procedure to create a mission with an intro track is as follows:

1. Create a mission with the necessary triggers, graphical and audio material.

2. Launch the mission, record the intro track and save it.

3. Create a new file, called "continue_track" with the number '1' inside. The file can be created with Notepad or other similar program. The file should have no extension.

4. Open the TRK file with your archive opener (winrar, etc.) and insert the "continue_track" file inside the "track_data" folder of the TRK archive.

5. Rename the TRK extention to MIZ.

So i followed the above. I typed adding the quotes just like this.

"continue_track" 1

Saved the file to a name of my choice. Saved as a text. But once i moved the file into the above stated folder i erased the extention. All the files look the same now. I think maybe i typed the code wrong?

When i started the mission the track did not play... signed confused.

Thanks for any assistance.

Haven't done it myself but you're not following the final portions of the instructions:

• Open NotePad
  • Type: 1
  • Save the file as: continue_track.txt
  • Delete the file extension so that it reads: continue_track
  • Open the TRK file with WinZip or whatever and place the continue_track file into the track_data folder
  • Re-zip
  • Rename the TRK file to MIZ

BTW, the files contained in TRK or MIZ files don't seem to use extensions.

• Thanks 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Haven't done it myself but you're not following the final portions of the instructions:

• Open NotePad
  • Type: 1
  • Save the file as: continue_track.txt
  • Delete the file extension so that it reads: continue_track
  • Open the TRK file with WinZip or whatever and place the continue_track file into the track_data folder
  • Re-zip
  • Rename the TRK file to MIZ

BTW, the files contained in TRK or MIZ files don't seem to use extensions.

Thank you. It kind of works... but not so much with a multiplayer format with numerous players / clients. It will always load into a players cockpit and not the track. I'm sure it will take something a bit more complicated than what has been advised above ..... but thank you for your input I guess I'll fidle with it later. 3 hours my eyes are seeing double trying to get this to work lol.

I'm far from being any expert on this topic but I can't imagine how ANY file can be read without it having some sort of Extension. In fact, it's not even a File of any type without an extension. Your computer has no idea that it's there or what to do with it without an extension.

While not related to the topic at hand, file extensions are not required. They just give the operating system and the programs an idea on what to expect.

E.g.:

.txt - Will be opened by a text reader

.jpg - Will be opened by a image viewing program

However, if you rename a file like "example.txt" to "example.jpg" and open it with a text-reader (that does not filter for fileextensions like Notepad++) it will still be the same textfile.

If you remove the extension completly the file will still be the same.

Not sure why ED choose to not use file extensions inside the generated .zip files, however as they are kept in a enclosed environment it works perfectly fine.

You can even open the individual files without extensions in your textreader and manipulate manually.

• Like 1

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

• 4 years later...