Will there be actual ground troops to support? Will gun actually kick up dirt?

the cows were funny, but can you give me the times of where you saw the troops?

I think cows is at 4:20 or so

7:34 8:20 and 8:48 there are people running away but someone did a bad edit job at masking them out. I cant find the other one again and don't want to keep watching it over and over

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta say I agree with the blokes asking for bigger explosions/dirt kick up. The sim is amazing in the way of accuracy which makes it even odder to me when a MK84 hits a jeep, that's it's more like someone threw a molotov (I know it's a beta).

I'd buy the game twice over just to have this:

But obviously there's the factor of game performance...It would definitely be nice though if it was atleast an option.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't imagine they'd waste an asset like an A10C to come in to strafe a couple of guys that might be shooting at you. The possibility of friendly fire in that situation would just be too great. Now maybe if there's a large group of enemy soldiers and they are threatning to overrun a position..that might be different.

But yes, having it kick up dirt like in the demo video in another thread, that would be cool. I also happen to like however how the tracers look in FC2 now.

A-10's do exactly that in Afghanistan right now. Even B-1's will drop 2000 pound bombs on troops. It's NOT a WASTE when you can bring those American and Allied troops home alive, rather than in coffins.

CAS is all about protecting troops on the ground. If some guys are taking heavy fire from even a small group of enemies, CAS is there to help unless otherwise engaged.

A-10's do exactly that in Afghanistan right now. Even B-1's will drop 2000 pound bombs on troops. It's NOT a WASTE when you can bring those American and Allied troops home alive, rather than in coffins.

CAS is all about protecting troops on the ground. If some guys are taking heavy fire from even a small group of enemies, CAS is there to help unless otherwise engaged.

I'd definitely like to see these kind of missions. I'm not a huge expert when it comes to real life situations but I can't imagine it's too realistic for an A10 to attack a position with 5 SAM lanchers only to dodge until they're out of missiles (or is it?). <<< This is all why I'd love to see an Afghanistan Campaign. Stingers would obviously still be viable.

Personally (and I'm getting ready to be flamed), I'd find it much more fun to run simple search and destroy missions on convoys of insurgent trucks or...send a JDAM into a well infantry defended building (I guess that fall into JTAC). Obviously it wouldn't be much of a challenge but immersion is enough fun for me.

What I'd REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY love to see is a campaign with a few "allied push" sort of missions. Now I'm talking tanks...soldiers...the works...trying to take over a position with each of them calling in CAS on certian positions...even if it lasts hours.

I'd make it myself but my work in the mission editor is...terrible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

<snip>

Personally (and I'm getting ready to be flamed), I'd find it much more fun to run simple search and destroy missions on convoys of insurgent trucks or...send a JDAM into a well infantry defended building (I guess that fall into JTAC). Obviously it wouldn't be much of a challenge but immersion is enough fun for me.

<snip>

Not at all

I know it may not be everybody's cup of tea, but for me the more realistic the missions the better. After all, realism in the systems, avionics, flight model, etc. is what makes this such a great sim for most of us here. At least some of the missions and campaigns should reflect actual employment on the battlefields of today.

Just my US$0.02...

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

Not at all

I know it may not be everybody's cup of tea, but for me the more realistic the missions the better. After all, realism in the systems, avionics, flight model, etc. is what makes this such a great sim for most of us here. At least some of the missions and campaigns should reflect actual employment on the battlefields of today.

Just my US$0.02...

Yep exactly! Ahh, we can dream. Hopefully it'll made, if not by the devs, at least a decent campaign mod would be nice :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]