In Flight Refueling?

20mm

• 3 months later...
I think T-Tail pilots prefer the 135 over the KC-10. I know were talking about the A-10 though!
Why do you think that?

I know what he's talking about. I think I've heard it mentioned also that the pilots prefer one tanker over the other because of its wake pattern... obviously vague because I don't have facts.

The A-10 will be pretty unique to refuel because the recepticle is right in front of the cockpit so I suppose we will actually be able to see the drogue moving around right in front of us...

SPECS: Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.2 Ghz +turboboost enabled, 12 GB DDR3 1600 @ 1500 Mhz, ATI Radeon 5850, TrackIR 5, X52 Pro and Saitek pedals

It's not a drogue/probe, it's a boom/socket. The Marines and Navy use the droge/probe method because it matches their requirements more (small aircraft buddy/buddy) and requires one less trained operator. The Air Force uses the boom because it delivers a higher rate of fuel once connected for the big bombers and transports.

It's probably easier to socket into the nose than it is to do it over your head and behind you like an F-16. I wonder how much the boom operators in DCS will be helpful and how much they will be stationary.

The A-10 will be pretty unique to refuel because the recepticle is right in front of the cockpit so I suppose we will actually be able to see the drogue moving around right in front of us...

The Probe, not drogue. :) You can fly to the tanker now get in close request gas and the probe extends out towards you but does not connect. Lights on bottom of tanker dont seem to work either yet. WIP I read. Still pretty cool to fly right underneath the tanker.

Here is an interesting doc with some aerial refueling info re the KC-135 procedures and a couple bits on the A-10.

http://www.vusaf.org/amwtc/97amw/KC-135/Altus%20KC-135%20and%20C-17%20AIR%20REFUELING%20GUIDE.pdf

Edited by lobo**

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Will it also display the price per gallon? :lol:

"Uh yeah, I'd like about $538.30 worth of fuel. Thanks!" , "Roger that. Could you please hold your credit card up to the glass?"

Seriously though, can't wait to practice this!! :thumbup:

asus p7p55d deluxe | intel i5-750 @ stock | g.skill ripjaw 4gb | asus geforce gtx 470 @ stock | trackir 4 | thrustmaster hotas warthog | win7 home premium 64bit