F1 2010

159th_Viper

I just bought this on Steam... I hope I don't get disappointed

EDIT: Well I got it installed.. tried and guess what.... I AM DISAPPOINTED! Beside good graphics this game does not have anything for me. The multiplayer is the weirdest ever and cars after colision become bloody transparent and you can't seem to collide with them... what a joke... who ever said this is as close to realism should be shot

If I could I would like to get my money back

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

I just bought this on Steam... I hope I don't get disappointed

EDIT: Well I got it installed.. tried and guess what.... I AM DISAPPOINTED! Beside good graphics this game does not have anything for me. The multiplayer is the weirdest ever and cars after colision become bloody transparent and you can't seem to collide with them... what a joke... who ever said this is as close to realism should be shot

If I could I would like to get my money back

Give it a second chance mate. Have you got a wheel? I can give you good settings. Don't take it as a sim. It's a well made arcade - you can feel some tiny or stronger differents between tires, fuel load, cars, ugrades, setups not mention about wheater. How many arcades have such features? But you got to have proper ff wheel like dfp, g25 or such as and look at it from different angle. It's miles better than GRID imo.

Still can't wait for iracing's williams f1 fw31... :joystick:

Yeah this game looks and runs great and is real fun for a quick 3 lap online race...right now playing on keyboard but might move to $2 PS2 force feedback controller.:D Also Love the custom country helmet!

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Aliboy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I very doubt they'll be any mods.

Dragon Rising was made with the EGO engine [nice name] which is also what Dirt 2 was made with.

If you can't mod DR then I very much doubt you can mod F1.

It simple because its a Console sim.

It could be moded actually but because right now EGO is CM's staple engine they are keeping it ziped up nice and tight out of modders hands. Until CM decides to release some code you'll be stuck with vanilla and DLC.

Basiclly anything CM does now isnt worth the PC port and i wont get anything they release except for maybe renting it on my xbox, especially after OFP: DR dissapointment.

Edited by Krunkskimo

Recently I set all garage adjustments to give low downforce and less grip. With these settings things are not so bad and you have to watch your inputs. Starting to like it a little more now.

Anyone know what graphic setting is tied to rear view mirrors? When I set everything to low they disappear so I am wondering what to set to at least have mirrors. Thanks

I fiddled with settings a bit more (I do have G27 steering wheel by the way) and set everything to realistic as possible and manual gearbox and this way it's better. Also at first I didn't know I could get my graphics to Ultra settings but even on everything on highest graphics this game runs very well on my system (that's a good thing right :D ).

I will race on occasions on realistic settings and my username is "EdinKuky" if I come accross some of you online... so on second opinion this is not as bad as I first thought... but man I need lot of practice...

No longer active in DCS...

Let's say this way: if game with such physics would appear in times when we played goeff crammond's gp2 (hell even gp4), we would consider this as a sim :D. Play it with AI on professional level and 20%-30% of race lenght. Try to drive realistically and it will be a blow. I just can't stop playing it... I love sims and realism but F1 2010 is mind blowing!

My great G25 settings are (please try this and tell me how it feels):

Logitech profiler settings:

Use Special FF Device Settings - checked

Overall Effects Strength - 100%

Spring Effects Strength - 50%

Damper Effects Strength - 25%

Don't enable Centering Spring

Use Special Steering Wheel Settings - checked

Report Combined Pedals - unchecked

Degrees Of Rotation - 300 degrees

Use Special Game Settings - checked

Allow Game To Adjust Settings - checked

In-game Control Settings / Advanced Wheel Settings:

Steering Deadzone - 0%

Steering Saturation - 50%

Steering Linearity - 100%

Throttle Deadzone - 0%

Throttle Saturation - 100%

Brake Deadzone - 0%

Brake Saturation - 80%

Edited by Poko24

Some mods already here (free account required)

http://www.nogripracing.com/files.php?subcat=105

Highly recommend the Real Track Lighting mod. It takes away all the yellow and replaces it with white. F12010 looks extremely better with this IMO.

Also trying out the 85% of grip mod which gives more tire spin.

They announced a patch already in progress as well.

I have dropped F1 2010... bahh!!! No tire slip when cornering, Force Feedback is basically just a rumble with no tactile feedback, and FPS no greater than 35 fps for me. The feel of driving is no where close to rFactor or GTR Evo.

The one bonus is it has made me look at what there is now with more respect. I am using the MMG F1 2007 mod which is way better than F1 2010 sim wise. I don't have all the F1 tracks but that is okay. I use the Williams car with the wheel turned off, so I can see the dash instruments through my own physical wheel. I have no visor visible and most importantly, adjusted the car graphic clipping value to reduce flashing textures on the tracks. There are also a ton more cars and tracks in GTR Evo, Race 07, STCC addons. Graphically not as good as F12010, but not too bad and way better of a sim.

I have dropped F1 2010... bahh!!! No tire slip when cornering, Force Feedback is basically just a rumble with no tactile feedback, and FPS no greater than 35 fps for me. The feel of driving is no where close to rFactor or GTR Evo.

The one bonus is it has made me look at what there is now with more respect. I am using the MMG F1 2007 mod which is way better than F1 2010 sim wise. I don't have all the F1 tracks but that is okay. I use the Williams car with the wheel turned off, so I can see the dash instruments through my own physical wheel. I have no visor visible and most importantly, adjusted the car graphic clipping value to reduce flashing textures on the tracks. There are also a ton more cars and tracks in GTR Evo, Race 07, STCC addons. Graphically not as good as F12010, but not too bad and way better of a sim.

Try iracing - I stop playing SIMBIN racing sims since I tried iracing. This you can call a sim - not RACE07, GTR Evo, STCC or RACE ON.

Codemasters' F1 2010 is not a failure at all. It's a good game imo. I just can't stop playing it. Even yesterday I spent more time with F1 than with DCS Hog open beta - really.

^^ I guess everything is up to personal preference... perhaps F1 2010 will be patched for better gameplay soon...

Poko where have you been lately? :) You still driving Rfactor? Btw, the spotter thing u recommended is really great, been using it every since with all its bells and whistles!

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Try iracing - I stop playing SIMBIN racing sims since I tried iracing. This you can call a sim - not RACE07, GTR Evo, STCC or RACE ON.

Codemasters' F1 2010 is not a failure at all. It's a good game imo. I just can't stop playing it. Even yesterday I spent more time with F1 than with DCS Hog open beta - really.

iRacing is subscription only with no AI. I don't play enough to justify a monthly fee.

So what do you like about F1 2010 and how can you like it if you dropped GTR Evo for iRacing?

^^ I guess everything is up to personal preference... perhaps F1 2010 will be patched for better gameplay soon...

Don't get your hopes up.... remember they dropped Dragon Rising after 4 months.. wounder how long this will take.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Sorry to necro this thread, but I wanted to quote the above. I am trying to find a good review for the new F1 2011 to see if the above things were improved in terms of realism of handling. Can't find one. Waiting for the SimHQ review as I am sure they will talk about these things.

Anyone here got F1 2011 and have an opinion on the above please? Thanks

Don't get your hopes up.... remember they dropped Dragon Rising after 4 months.. wounder how long this will take.

Dont remind me, waited months for that game, they claimed realism, when it came out total fail.