ED SIMS SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO THREAD!!!! (NO USER MODS OR COMMENT)

rekoal

316413_262809060531229_182600347_n.jpg

(1.2.3. Screenshot)

It is nice that you have sense of humor, but please fix the missile bugs made in 1.2.4...

:megalol:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

I agree with you but after discussing this with some people (from Germany, in fact), the main implication of that rule is not erasing history (not that it doesn't happen, may this be clear), but to keep the streets clean from neo-nazi rallies waving swastika flags high up in the air. A ban on the display of the swastika, although harmful to historical depictions (there may be a clause covering museums/historical applications and whatnot, Wags discussed it earlier but I don't know enough to tell you), is a useful tool to keep extreme-right groups at bay.

To be honest, it's no big deal. In Il-2 Sturmovik, the developers initially made it a hidden feature you could activate through a .ini file. That was deactivated after some time. Later on, we either used an insignia program/mod (MAT-Manager for insiders) or the users just added the swastikas to the aircraft skins and that was it - shouldn't be a problem to do this here, no? :)

PS: On museums, at least Munich's technology museum, swastikas are not present in any aircraft or replica model, so not sure what laws apply. They had a V1, V2, Me-262, Me-163 and the very last Bf-109E-1, no tail markings.

Edited by Lucas_From_Hell

OK. I made this. Simply replacing the file doesn't render it in game. I used NVidia plugin for photoshop. It's .dds file. Any help?

(I know it's off-topic, but hay - it is a screenie of an in-game feature :P)

946509_262836903861778_2004556195_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/316413_262809060531229_182600347_n.jpg

(1.2.3. Screenshot)

It is nice that you have sense of humor, but please fix the missile bugs made in 1.2.4...

Nothing new, the grass has been called that since DCS: A-10C Beta 01 back in Oct 2010...

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

And you're telling me nobody (except the people that actually DO mods) noticed it? :D

New or not - I laughed my ass off (since they can say shit, I may say ass :P)

Now, do you have an idea about the question in post above yours? ;)

Did you give it an alpha channel? Does it have the same name as the default? Where did you put the file, TempTextures? Details man, details. :)

Kameni, try ModMan, it puts user made files in .cdds format :)

.cdds files are no longer used, thankfully. .dds files simply go into .zip files instead.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Original File is .DDS and I've used NVidia tool (plugin) for photoshop for creating DDS files.

It is user made, but in the same file format as the original file. That should work - but it is not.

In addition to that - I have had a mod of the knees in 1.2.3 but when updated to 1.2.4 it stopped working - reverted to default.

Did you give it an alpha channel? Does it have the same name as the default? Where did you put the file, TempTextures? Details man, details. :)

EDIT: Ok, ok, wrong path. Dunno what actually happened. It is supposed to be in zipped folder in

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\World\textures

I opened original DDS file from the path in the photo provided below.

I edited it, than saved under same name and extension (file type if you prefer) with alpha channels using the DDS tool. I saved in different folder and pasted it to a original path.

It has alpha channels. Same name, same place as default.

934989_262842410527894_1466301584_n.jpg

Help me out, so I can get good at this modding and make sh*tload of mods for all of us :D

I know the tools, but still learning the way DCS reacts.

I plan on putting the bearings table of Airport-2-Airport on the left knee BTW. :)

Edited by Kameni

Ok, ok, wrong path. Dunno what actually happened. It is supposed to be in zipped folder in

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\World\textures

But having some problems with size - it seems to be oversized. Probably something with saving a file trough dds tool. Figuring out at the moment...

I didn't try placing tga/bmp to TempTextures, since I wanted to make it be where it is supposed to be.

Thanks Speckfire.

Blaze, have any idea why this is happening?

479246_262853113860157_601647807_o.jpg

Photoshop opens it in 2048x2048, loaded mipmaps and when i finish editing and save - this is what i get... what did I do wrong...? Sry for being a bother.... -.-

No, Mipmaps are bad. Gonna rest now, and do it again later.

I left mipmaps untouched and got this. When I tell him to make new mipmaps he cuts out most of the picture (bottom half and over that) when making mipmaps. So I just need to figure out how to make appropriate mipmap file for this... Thank you for being helpful. :)

A ban on the display of the swastika, although harmful to historical depictions (there may be a clause covering museums/historical applications and whatnot, Wags discussed it earlier but I don't know enough to tell you), is a useful tool to keep extreme-right groups at bay.

There are exceptions for educating citizens, defending against anti-constitutional efforts, art or science, research or teaching, reporting about current affairs or history, and similar purposes.

§86(3) StGB, for those who are curious.

PS: On museums, at least Munich's technology museum, swastikas are not present in any aircraft or replica model, so not sure what laws apply. They had a V1, V2, Me-262, Me-163 and the very last Bf-109E-1, no tail markings.

You forgot the Bachem Ba 349, but yeah. Also there's a Ju-52 which I think would have had swastikas on it while it was operational. And I don't think the V1 and V2 were even marked while they were operated.

Given the exceptions, it would be likely legal for them to have historically accurate markings on their exhibits. But a) visitors would invariably be offended and there would be lots of swastikas just in that one hall and b) it's a museum of science and technology, the paint job isn't all that relevant, so why plaster an exhibition hall with swastikas?

I hate this hypocrisy to deny the history.

But we gotta put up with the Star of David on F-15C ..... I could well be a Palestinian too !!!

Swastika , we're talking almost 70 years ago now man ..... time to let that drop I feel .

Be careful with the Mipmaps, as you said.

Yeah, I figured out how to make good mipmaps at last 5 minutes ago.

Not bad since I installed the DDS plugin first time in my life 2 hours ago LOL

So, since it's 4 AM and I accidentally deleted the file, I will rebuild this from scratch when I come from work - that is if I don't pass out when I come back home :P

Will post it as a new mod and notify you here. If you have any wishes/good ideas about the Su25T kneepads - message me. Anyone. You know - what to put on what knee.

When I find where is the right part of the cocpit I will put the airport list to those little white boards on the right, and use kneepads for some other information, but that is coming when I succesfully make this mod.

Thank you all again for being helpful! :)

Given the exceptions, it would be likely legal for them to have historically accurate markings on their exhibits. But a) visitors would invariably be offended and there would be lots of swastikas just in that one hall and b) it's a museum of science and technology, the paint job isn't all that relevant, so why plaster an exhibition hall with swastikas?

I beg to differ . I feel the paint job should be very relevant , if indeed it is supposed to represent an actual authentic livery ..... and wouldn't offend me in the least ..... saying that I should clarify that I didn't believe in what it stood for ..... but there are many English soldiers who were offended by the red Japanese roundel too ..... and Im sure many Germans should then be offended by the RAF roundel ..... as there were bombed to fcuk by Lancasters !!!