ED SIMS SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO THREAD!!!! (NO USER MODS OR COMMENT)

rekoal

No, definetly bad mipmaps, just made a file, loaded it and it works fine. It was about creating mipmaps from 2048x2048 file by means of plugin tool, and then saving that with "existing mipmaps".

Now all that is left is to rebuild the mod from scratch since i am "easy-on-the-shift+delete" :music_whistling:

EDIT: Blaze why'd you delete your comment, now I look silly :D

now I look silly :D

Embrace the feeling! :D

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

You forgot the Bachem Ba 349, but yeah. Also there's a Ju-52 which I think would have had swastikas on it while it was operational. And I don't think the V1 and V2 were even marked while they were operated.

How could I forget, the Natter's a beauty - a catastrophic one, that :D

Their Ju-52 is in French markings, doesn't apply here. And my bad about the V1 and V2, thought the V1 had them on the 'rudder' but checking photos apparently not indeed :)

Here's the E-1 for anyone curious:

attachment.php?attachmentid=80872&stc=1&d=1367810593

The part of the tail where the swastika used to be:

attachment.php?attachmentid=80873&stc=1&d=1367810593

Aaaaaaaaaand not to derail it, an F-15C screenie from FC2, Spring Blood campaign, coming home after covering a Russian Su-25 deserting:

attachment.php?attachmentid=80874&stc=1&d=1367810866

This one is from one of my favourite flights ever. After some training with bombs (FAB-250, -500 and ZAB-500, two of each, dropped on 10 tanks if I recall correctly), doing very neat runs and go-arounds, perfect approaches and the full monty, I decided to run in with the cannon before returning to base. This time, however, I just pulled a split-S and dived into one of the remaining targets. It wasn't the most accurate of runs so to say, and I pulled out way too late, the aircraft was too fast, everything was wrong. To avoid smashing straight into the ground I pulled back hard... a bit too hard. I felt a snap and the plane rolled hard to the left, then kept wobbling, I looked back and saw what was wrong - half of the wing missing. I was still climbing from the pull and after a few seconds the plane still seemed quite stable (considering it was one-winged), and I then decided to see if I could take it home - I was still climbing anyway, so if I needed to eject it wouldn't be much of a deal. Biggest problem was, I was pretty far from any airbase, and I couldn't really make a 180º turn to have anything closer, so off I went. Hydraulics 1 and 2 were bust, aileron response was ridiculous and franky barely there. Airbrakes and flaps weren't working. Landing gear was history too. In short, I was f***ed big time, but hey, still flying right? My HSI is set towards Senaki, and soon enough I start turning towards it (a hellish thing to do, especially while dipping the half-wing). I knew the descent wasn't going to be pretty but it went a bit worse than expected - I gained way too much speed, and even with the throttle cut back, by the time I was near Senaki I was doing a solid 600km/h. Landing would be even more suicidal than staying in the plane already is. Luckily for me, Kutaisi wasn't too far, so I just kept my bearing and the throttle back until the Su-25T slowed down a bit. I couldn't really slow it down too much otherwise it'd just enter a crazy spin and I'd be out of there before you can say "Digital Combat Simulator Combined Arms". I saw Kutaisi ahead and got ready for the worst. The closer I got to the airfield and the slower the Toad got, the harder it was. I still had to slow it down enough for a controlled crashlanding, no matter what. The tarmac drew closer and closer and the HUD read 400 on the top left. This was far, far from good. Not many seconds left. I try to keep the plane on a wings-level flight but it starts becoming impossible. Not much left until impact. The left wing dips more. F***, I think to myself, that's it. That's it. I hold the stick hard to the right and do a little flare (which at 400km/h is really just a few degrees up). Impact. The plane rocks, the pilot's head is all over the cockpit, it was hard. I'm skidding down the runway. I can see a fire forming, the master caution light is going crazy, I use the rudder to try to keep it in line and I don't know if it works or not. When I've slowed down enough I deploy the drogue chute (which as I found out didn't do very much at all to help me, it didn't open properly). The ground slowly stops rushing so fast and a while later it's stopped. The plane's on fire, still. I open the cockpit, but there isn't really a way to crawl out of it then run. I'm not staying for the explosions, though. And with a pull I'm out of there. Phew. Brought it home. Someone bring me a coffee, quick.

attachment.php?attachmentid=80875&stc=1&d=1367810901

I hate this hypocrisy to deny the history.

Swastika symbol is not authorized in countries such as Germany IRC. So a game/Sim containing Swastika could not be sold in such countries.

Silly? Maybe. But it's the law and it's waaaaaay much simpler not to add it.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Helping VTB_Ray take off, Inspecting his aircraft! :music_whistling:

Hah! Thanks for the preflight! I believe I ended up a smoking hole in the ground somewhere shortly after this pic was taken :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Cooler Master HAF X Case | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W PSU | EVGA Z270 Classified K |

Intel Core i7 7700k @ 5.0 Ghz | 512GB Samsung 960 Pro SSD |

16 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 @ 3200 MHZ | EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 | WD 6TB 7200 RPM |

Oculus Rift | TM HOTAS Warthog | 27" ASUS VG278H 3D monitor | Windows 10 64 bit |

Amazing shot Mushu!

Love your sig pic also.

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

c0c375e98fe680179657a2d2f60dfe7e.png

311e10a899824a70073196cdef9d10b1.png9ec9988336ba9f500a9cedf6b8ccab5f.png

f166d083d85e817ee5d9c7e22735ffcd.png

Pman of the Virtual aerobatics server allowed me to get some real nice screenshots with his excellent formation skills :)

Nice screenshots mate :)

Was a good flight, even if you got a little nervous ;)

Getting used to how the shaders work i think. This is mid day & dusk. Specular and general skin edits only, using warm colours hdr setting.

X5A2E4S.jpg

Hl5iVMO.jpg

in motion =

but using normal HDR colours. not quite as nice as ive found out. but on normal and cold it blurs the reflections, on cold everything is blurred.

Edited by Ali Fish
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]